Reviews of Frontera Cocina

View Menus at Frontera Cocina Dining Location

Cuisines: Mexican

Chef Rick Bayless, a six-time James Beard Foundation winner, has opened Frontera Cocina, his table-service Mexican restaurant concept, to Disney Springs.

The restaurant features authentic Mexican specialties such as hand-crafted tortas, tacos, salads, fresh-made guacamole and classic Mexican braised meat entrees, all prepared from time-honored recipes with natural, locally sourced ingredients. Frontera Cocina also serves an extensive selection of margaritas, cocktails and craft beers and wine.

Read prices, menu items, and more about Frontera Cocina

Services: Table Service , Take Out or Walk-up Window

Reviewed by Collette Review Date: 07/13/2016

Just a warning to anyone who has been to Bayless' Frontera Grill or Topolabampo in Chicago that this restaurant is not much like either of those. The menu did not have as many entree choices as we expected and the ambiance was ultra-modern rather than Mexican. The Coctel Verde appetizer was our favorite item.

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

Noisy, pricey

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 08/29/2017

My sister raved about this restaurant after her last WDW visit so I asked if we could eat here during my birthday celebration weekend. So on August 15
we had dinner here. The restaurant was beautiful-the mural and glass objects are so colorful. We started with $5 margaritas and they were scrumptious! We had chips with guacamole and two other salsas. The chips were delicious-I ate them plain after trying the sauces. My chicken enchiladas were good but a little to "hot" for me.
My sister and niece opted for chicken flauntas and
really enjoyed them. I will dine here again but
I'll choose a different entree. But it will be a Monday for those $5 margaritas!

Pros:

Beautiful restaurant, $5 margaritas on Mondays!

Cons:

Spicy but good food

Reviewed by konslerg Review Date: 12/13/2017

I had heard that some people were disappointed in this restaurant, but decided to try it because I like Mexican food. Once my food came I understood why people were disappointed. If you go expecting anything like Taco Bell, Chi-Chi's or maybe your local "Azteca" restaurant, that's not what you get. What you do get are delicious, interesting, tasty dishes with an authentic Mexican flavor. I ordered the Shrimp Mojo de Ajo and it was wonderful. The rice with plantains and tiny bits of grilled zuchinni (calabasitas on the menu) was the perfect compliment to the perfectly cooked shrimp. The dish came with warm corn tortillas, but I didn't need those because I ate every grain of that wonderful rice.

My husband had the Carnitas and, again, the pork was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and very tender. The salsa verde (served on the side) was the only item with any "heat" and it wasn't overpowering, just enough to be very tasty. The guacamole, queso fresco, and pickled onions were perfect with the pork on the warm tortillas.

If you want something like Taco Bell, don't go to Frontera Cocina, but if you want a really tasty, authentic Mexican dish, this is definitely a great place to visit. Since we were there for lunch, we did not order any alcohol, but their beverage menu looks very interesting. I want to go back soon and try more of their food items and maybe a specialty drink.

Pros:

Excellent food; knowledgeable waitstaff

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

We stopped in on a Monday for $5 margaritas and discovered appetizers were half price from 3-6 pm. Since dinner was 6 pm, we tried a couple appetizers and the shrimp I had was fantastic. So was the guacamole. The \"lunch\" we had was a deal that couldn't be beat. I think the half price appetizers are offered Mon-Thurs. The food here is very good.

Pros:

Margaritas and shrimp and price

Reviewed by clsmit Review Date: 04/17/2019

The food at the Frontera Grill is Mexican-inspired, but not your typical Mexican food. It's Mexican with a twist. So go with your adventurous spirit, because the food is yummy. I've had the enchiladas, the tacos, a variety of appetizers, and the desserts. They are all quite tasty. They take the Dining Plan but I don't know what food is offered on it. The tequila menu is extensive and they have a lot of other alcoholic beverage options that are creative and delicious. They also have non-alcoholic moctails. If you want something a little different, with very good service and good food, this is the place.

Pros:

Tasty food

Cons:

Some may consider it expensive, but it's not normal Mexican food.

Reviewed by Heigirlhei Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have been to Frontera Cocina a few times and each time we have left feeling that the food could have been much better. The guacamole appetizer is good, however each time our meals have just been edible. We have never had a reaction of "Wow.. this is good!". The atmosphere is nice and the tables overlooking the water are great. Overall, I would recommend other restaurants above this one at Disney Springs.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Reviewed by disneymom35 Review Date: 06/06/2019

Having had their delicious tacos at the walk up stand outside this restaurant, my expectations were very high. Unfortunately, after being seated and told multiple times this was Rick Bayless' restaurant, the food was just okay, same thing we can get here in a local Mexican restaurant (not a chain). The Guacamole was good but, again, nothing out of the ordinary. Our food was rushed and even then, looked like it had spent some time underneath a heat lamp. I was really expecting something amazing and different, and it didn't deliver. I won't waste any more meals here, as I can get the same quality (if not better and cheaper) at home.

Pros:

Good Mexican food

Cons:

Nothing special