Reviews of Fort Wilderness Campground

A Disney Camping Resort.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I took our daughter and her boyfriend to WDW for a week following college graduation. The cabins at Fort Wilderness were perfect for 4 adults. We had plenty of room in the cabin without tripping over each other. The full kitchen came in very handy on those early entrance to the parks. Took our dirty laundry by golf cart to the laundry mat, clean, well lit and all washers and dryers worked. Very nice not to have a suit case full of dirty clothes when we got home. Lots of fun and free amenities for the young and young at heart.

Pros:

Large resort and not right on top of neighbors. Rented a golf cart, and what a fun way to get around the resort. Mouse Keeping always had our cabin looking fabulous - funny how college graduates looked forward to the clean towels in fun animal shapes!!! Hands down, this is our absolute favorite resort!!!!

Cons:

Our back porch light did not work. Bus home from Disney Springs took about 40 minutes to arrive.

Reviewed by volleyfrog119 Review Date: 03/21/2017

We stayed at the Fort MLK weekend 2017. Wow what a huge place! We had a little mix up at check in but it had to do with our reservation being booked twice. Our Travel agent worked that out. We got right in to site 414. It was nice and close to the boat launch and all the restaurants and store. Everything else was just a golf cart ride away. We brought our own cart. Nice golf cart paths and parking everywhere. Enjoyed Chip N Dale sing a long on our first night. Nice little arcade for my son and husband at Pioneer Hall. The buses ran smoothly to and from the parks. The boat launch also ran great. The boat launch staff were very friendly. Enjoyed other activities on site like the fireworks and the electric water pageant. The comfort stations were very clean and so was the rest of the park. Nice modern trash receptacles. Friendly folks, we WILL be back again!!

Pros:

nice and quiet, big lots, boat launch to Magic Kingdom

Cons:

nothing negative

Reviewed by abayes Review Date: 01/06/2015

We recently stayed at Fort Wilderness with my family and it was fantastic. We almost always stay here and it never fails to live up to Disney standards. If you are looking for a great campground with plenty of things to do then don't wait to book. It is without a doubt the nicest campground you will ever stay at. The transportation isn't a big deal to me as I am a very patient person so I didn't mind the bus and boat wait. The hospitality of the staff is also superb and is every bit as good as the main resort staff.

Pros:

Cleanliness, Things To Do,

Reviewed by kmdebree Review Date: 01/19/2014

I am giving Fort Wilderness a rating of a ten, it is a beautiful and wonderful place. I was only
disappointed by the bath house and I will tell you why, the showers. There are only four in the women's room and when people are in them the condensation falls from the ceiling which is very gross. We did not have access to a shower in our camping vehicle so we had to use the showers at Fort Wilderness.

Pros:

Beautiful, clean,

Cons:

the showers

Reviewed by artgal227 Review Date: 06/13/2013

We camped at the fort June 2 through the 8. This campground will spoil you. The restrooms are clean and well maintained like you would expect from Disney. We were in the 300 loop with our dog. We enjoyed the dog park and being close to the canals. We startled some deer more than once. We also saw turkey and one small black snake that was on the walk outside Meadows trading post. We have stayed in the cabins several times but haven't camped there since the 70's. If you are looking for a great camping experience you need to try Ft. Wilderness. We will definitely be back.

Pros:

Wonderful camping experience

Reviewed by jvn1965 Review Date: 04/22/2013

We just completed our fifth trip to the campground in the last year, and we have reservations for June. We love the campground! The cast members are super friendly, and the activities are endless. We have stayed in about every resort at WDW, but the campground is by far our favorite. We love to ride our bikes around the resort and take advantage of the daily activities offered. We can be as busy as we want to be and as lazy as we want to be.

Pros:

Great atmosphere