Reviews of FastPass+

Program that allows you to select FastPass Attractions and Entertainment before you leave home AND make changes on the go. You are able to reserve firework and parade viewing areas, Character Greetings and more. Certain restrictions apply.

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Convenience!

Pros:

It was nice to plan some of our rides ahead of time at home and then plan more after using the first three.

Cons:

Some popular rides can run out of fastpasses quickly.

Reviewed by MassMike Review Date: 04/18/2019

Paper passes were better

Pros:

Streamlined on your phone

Cons:

Keeps you attached to your phone, while you miss the beauty and details of Disney

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/25/2019

Love the Fastpass system - I didn’t know much about it until a couple of weeks before we went, but still managed to get some decent fast passes ahead of time. I watch fast pass YouTube tutorials and read blogs etc and literllay became an expert before we went, there were two of us both adults visiting st a very busy time (around Presidents’ Day) - I loved the app (although it crashes quite a lot) and through perseverance managed to get all the fast passes I wanted. On the day we visited Magic Kingdom we managed an amazing 15 FastPass sea including Seven Dwarves and Peter Pan. We got 3 for Slinky and 2 Toy Story Mania on the same day, best of all we did flights of passage twice and could have had a third fast pass - the line was a crazy 225 minutes! Basically you need to read the blogs and hacks etc and as soon as you’ve swiped in on your third fast pass of the day get in the app and start refreshing! I generally managed to book the next fastpass for literally when we got off the ride we were in line for. The only gas pass I didn’t see come up more than once in a day was Frozen in Epcot but we still managed to do it once. The only downside which is why I knock a point off is if you aren’t mobile / cell phone / app savvy you are st a disadvantage.

Pros:

Walked straight on to 15 rides in a day in MK using FP+

Cons:

Need to be attached to your phone constantly refreshing for new FPs

Reviewed by mamandragon Review Date: 03/03/2019

When Disney first introduced the fast pass it worked well. However once you start mucking with it - the headaches start. We were in the standby line for splash mountain and we all stood still while the cast members put through more fast pass people then standby instead of balancing it. It was very frustrating and in fact someone in line video taped the entire thing and told the cast member he was going to send it to guest services. Yes, over our 10 days at disney we did use fast passes but we had to figure out 2 months in advance what and when we wanted them. Even then the selections were slim and we were up early to go online to get them. Plus you can only choose 3 and they can't all be in the same category. Well, when there is a 16 year old roller coaster nut in your group it makes it difficult to get a fast pass for both pandora and everest. This program needs a re-vamp and a lot of thinking into how to handle both the fast pass and standyby lines to keep ALL guests happy. I would recommend it if you had more flexibility.

Pros:

Makes it easier when you have small children

Cons:

Have to choose in advance Can't choose 3 from same category

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/20/2018

We used the FastPass system yesterday on a trip to Magic Kingdom. We were unsure of what day we were to be able to go so we were walking in without anything booked until park opening. Of course the big attractions were not available (Seven Dwarfs, Splash Mountain, ect) but we were optimistic that we would still have plenty of ride opportunities thru the day even if we had to wait a bit. Well, we were wrong! All the wait times were astronomical and the park wasn’t even crazy crowded. The line attendees would let 2 or 3 families thru, and then literally 30 people with FastPass. Most wait times were 65-105 minutes! We have been going to Disney for 16 years now and have never experienced such an awful experience. Basically Disney punishes those who don’t plan their vacation weeks and weeks in advance and if you don’t commit to your day we’ll in advance, you’re likely to be spending your whole day in lines only to ride 6-7 rides. For over $100 a ticket, that’s pretty ridiculous. Also, with Florida’s unpredictability in weather, it use to be nice to move your park days around if rain chances went from 10% to 90% in 24 hours and you were facing huge downpours to continue to commit to your park day. If you’re going to give preference and privilege to those who book weeks in advance, give a ‘last minute trip’ customer a discount. We could not be any more disgusted with the new system and will definitely be looking into other attractions that more fairly treat their well paying customers.

Pros:

Wonderful experience if you’re game to plan every minute of your vacation weeks or months in advance and have zero flexibility in your time at the parks.

Cons:

No flexibility, no opportunity for decent wait times unless planned far in adavance.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

I like the service except when my booking date starts and I am on the computer at 7et
I still can't get a fastpass like for slinky dog during popular travel times.

Pros:

don't have to rush into the park to get the fastpass

Cons:

sometimes even 60 days out at 7 am et still can not get the fast pass I want

Reviewed by Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

FastPass+ makes planning your trip super convenient and efficient. If you make the reservations early enough, you guarantee yourself a short wait for the best rides. The drawback is typically you can only get a fast pass for your favorite rides once a day. I also don't like the tiers because many of the rides or experiences in the lower tiers do not require fast passes.

Pros:

Convenience, efficiency, guarantees short wait for popular rides

Cons:

Limits the number of fast passes for popular rides, can only start with 3 and by the time you use your 3, the popular rides don't have anymore fast passes available

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

For the novice, I can see how FP+ may seem underwhelming. If you log on the day before looking for Mine Train the chances are dismal at best. The use does require knowledge of the system, some patience, and some luck. We don't always know months ahead of time when we are going so sometimes we are booking fast passes just a week or two out. We book 3 for the park we want of whatever is available. And then we start checking multiple times a day to switch out for earlier times or more popular experiences. Different things are opening up all the time as other parties change their reservations. Being persistent helps. I have scored a 7DMT the night before MK for 4 doing just this. Our strategy in MK is to book our first 3 fast passes for around 10:30-1:00. We get in a rope drop and can generally get on Mine Train, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion etc with small waits by being early. Then the crowds really start clogging everything up about an hour after opening. So we use fast passes during that time. And once we use all 3 we book the next. As soon as we are scanned into the last fast pass line we are booking the next experience while we wait to be loaded onto the ride. I have teen girls with me and my oldest loves being in charge of it.

Pros:

Getting to bypass long lines for some "must do" rides

Cons:

Must book well in advance (or be persistent in looking for better ones that what you book originally), can't park hop with fast passes, some parks have tiered systems where you only can get a fast pass for one "good" ride and two lesser ones.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/30/2018

Fast pass+ was a well thought out plan for helping guests avoid excessively long lines to enjoy attractions. Every time we go to WDW we take advantage of the fast pass+ system. The only thing I don’t like is the tier system.

Pros:

Helps avoid lines and enjoy more attractions.

Cons:

Tier system doesn’t allow booking 3 of the desired attractions on the same day.

Reviewed by Heather Lynn Review Date: 09/30/2018

So many reviews I’ve read have been hard on FastPass. I’m here to tell you that if you put in some planning, FastPass can allow you to experience SO MANY ATTRACTIONS. The beauty of it you need to know is to make sure you use the My Disney Experience App and be sure to schedule your first three FPs early each day. Then you can book another FP - one at a time. A lot of rides, especially in MK are short and sweet and are easy to get FPs for. You can avoid a 20 minute line here, a 30 minute line there. It may not seem like much but it can 100% help you enjoy multiple experiences and have more time to enjoy the rest of the park! Go in smart and plan ahead. Make it work for you!

Pros:

Getting multiple experiences in one day

Cons:

Getting the big attractions needs to be done FAR in advance so pay attention to when you can start making FPs before your vacation starts!