Reviews of FastPass+

Program that allows you to select FastPass Attractions and Entertainment before you leave home AND make changes on the go. You are able to reserve firework and parade viewing areas, Character Greetings and more. Certain restrictions apply.

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

I like the service except when my booking date starts and I am on the computer at 7et
I still can't get a fastpass like for slinky dog during popular travel times.

Pros:

don't have to rush into the park to get the fastpass

Cons:

sometimes even 60 days out at 7 am et still can not get the fast pass I want

Reviewer: Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

FastPass+ makes planning your trip super convenient and efficient. If you make the reservations early enough, you guarantee yourself a short wait for the best rides. The drawback is typically you can only get a fast pass for your favorite rides once a day. I also don't like the tiers because many of the rides or experiences in the lower tiers do not require fast passes.

Pros:

Convenience, efficiency, guarantees short wait for popular rides

Cons:

Limits the number of fast passes for popular rides, can only start with 3 and by the time you use your 3, the popular rides don't have anymore fast passes available

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

For the novice, I can see how FP+ may seem underwhelming. If you log on the day before looking for Mine Train the chances are dismal at best. The use does require knowledge of the system, some patience, and some luck. We don't always know months ahead of time when we are going so sometimes we are booking fast passes just a week or two out. We book 3 for the park we want of whatever is available. And then we start checking multiple times a day to switch out for earlier times or more popular experiences. Different things are opening up all the time as other parties change their reservations. Being persistent helps. I have scored a 7DMT the night before MK for 4 doing just this. Our strategy in MK is to book our first 3 fast passes for around 10:30-1:00. We get in a rope drop and can generally get on Mine Train, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion etc with small waits by being early. Then the crowds really start clogging everything up about an hour after opening. So we use fast passes during that time. And once we use all 3 we book the next. As soon as we are scanned into the last fast pass line we are booking the next experience while we wait to be loaded onto the ride. I have teen girls with me and my oldest loves being in charge of it.

Pros:

Getting to bypass long lines for some "must do" rides

Cons:

Must book well in advance (or be persistent in looking for better ones that what you book originally), can't park hop with fast passes, some parks have tiered systems where you only can get a fast pass for one "good" ride and two lesser ones.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/30/2018

Fast pass+ was a well thought out plan for helping guests avoid excessively long lines to enjoy attractions. Every time we go to WDW we take advantage of the fast pass+ system. The only thing I don’t like is the tier system.

Pros:

Helps avoid lines and enjoy more attractions.

Cons:

Tier system doesn’t allow booking 3 of the desired attractions on the same day.

Reviewer: Heather Lynn Review Date: 09/30/2018

So many reviews I’ve read have been hard on FastPass. I’m here to tell you that if you put in some planning, FastPass can allow you to experience SO MANY ATTRACTIONS. The beauty of it you need to know is to make sure you use the My Disney Experience App and be sure to schedule your first three FPs early each day. Then you can book another FP - one at a time. A lot of rides, especially in MK are short and sweet and are easy to get FPs for. You can avoid a 20 minute line here, a 30 minute line there. It may not seem like much but it can 100% help you enjoy multiple experiences and have more time to enjoy the rest of the park! Go in smart and plan ahead. Make it work for you!

Pros:

Getting multiple experiences in one day

Cons:

Getting the big attractions needs to be done FAR in advance so pay attention to when you can start making FPs before your vacation starts!

Reviewer: Disneynerd5 Review Date: 09/29/2018

Super handy and love that you can make fast passes wherever you are!! BUT in the recent update I really hate that you can’t change the people on a fast pass reservation it’s really annoying when your party changes at the last minute and you can’t adjust them.

Pros:

Super easy and convenient

Cons:

Can’t change fast pass party, a lot of the most popular attractions are almost impossible to get FPs for

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 09/29/2018

I love having the ability to use Fast Pass. Once we have used our initial 3 there is always an opportunity to book more. We always stay onsite, so we can book our fast Passes 60 days before we arrive. It is quick and easy to use.

Pros:

Convenience

Cons:

Sometimes the MDE site has crashed on my day to book Fastpasses, which can be annoying and frustrating.

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

If you can become good at FastPass+ you can go to Disney without waiting in very few to no lines for rides. There is an art to FastPass+ and many attractions you do not need a FastPass+ for. But understand the rules and how this works and this is your best friend at Disneyworld

Pros:

this is a great tool to make the most out of your time

Cons:

If the system is down it's a little bit of choas

Reviewer: zel Review Date: 09/28/2018

I have been a long time Disney traveler. I loved the old system and that you could get as many fast pass tickets as you could manage. I also loved that if you are a park hopper; like we are; you could actually get fast passes if you went to another park as well. By going down to only 3 per day and 1 park at a time and by making every ride and attraction a fast pass it has made the lines longer I feel. I wish they would revisit how they do fast pass especially for those of us who park hop.

Pros:

Able to get on rides within 1 park that you may not get otherwise

Cons:

Not being able to split your 3 fast pass pick between 2 parks without using the 3 at 1 park first

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I never liked using fast pass when it was first introduced with the kiosks in the parks and the paper ticket/fastpass. It was cumbersome at best. The new system makes it easy to plan up to 3 rides ahead of time that will be with little to no wait. the program is user friendly in fact I just secured our fastpasses for an upcoming trip.

Pros:

helps with the planning of your trip

Cons:

takes spontaneity out of the theme park experience