Reviews of Fairfax Fare

View Menus at Fairfax Fare Dining Location

Read more about Fairfax Fare including links to menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/fairfax-fare

Service - limited breakfast and full lunch and dinner.

Reviewed by Dfan79 Review Date: 05/22/2014

I wanted to go to Toluca’s to get a Turkey Leg on my 2nd day, but it was closed. Luckily for me it said on a sign in one of the windows that I could get one at Fairfax Faire. This is of course another Kiosk that’s also in the Sunset Ranch area adjacent to Sunset Boulevard. Fairfax was only a short distance away from Toluca so I didn‘t mind walking over to it. I went right when lunch began at 11 am so the line wasn’t that long at all. In fact there was only one small family in front of me bickering back and forth.

I’ve been hearing for years how great the Turkey Legs are on Disney Specials, Documentaries and Youtube Videos. Its gotten so famous that they even have Turkey Leg T-shirts in some of the stores. So I was very excited to finally get my a chance to bite into one. I knew after the first bite though that it wasn’t that good. I’m not sure if I built it up too much beforehand, but I was really disappointed by it. People have acted like it is a drug that they’d sell their first born for, but I truthfully wouldn’t even want to try it again. I’ll be kind and say it was OK, it was juicy and spiced nice. It was just nothing to write home about. Plus strangely the leg tasted more like Ham than Turkey. I love Ham, but it wasn’t what I expected when I bit into it. I had to look at it a few times to make sure it wasn’t Ham. Even by sight though I couldn’t tell, it was all pink inside of it just like a Ham.

With my meal I got the premade Chocolate Cake, but I’ve heard that others have been lucky enough to get a Specialty Cupcake here. I wasn’t as fortunate though and was stuck with the same old cake that they serve everywhere. They must have a factory full of these and the Carrot Cakes.

There’s plenty of outdoor seating in the area in back of the Fairfax and Turkey Leg kiosks, but they are outside in the florida heat. One good thing about the seating area though was that we had it all to ourselves. It’s like many people didn’t even know it was there. Either that or they decided to eat at one of the much better indoor Counter Services.

Pros:

OK turkey leg, Plenty of seating

Cons:

Overhyped turkey leg, Outdoor Seating

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 04/03/2014

Was disappointed they were out of chicken. For price, hot dog was small, and not filling for DD 10 ordering off of adult menu. Ate here 3-25

Pros:

Good food,

Cons:

small portion, out of chicken

Reviewed by tgsmithsr Review Date: 08/27/2016

I ate here a couple of years ago when it first opened, and I had a barbecue slaw dog that was excellent. So I was looking forward to having another one when I went back again last week and braved the outdoor seating. The temperature that evening was still over 90 degrees, even at dusk when we went to eat, so that was no small matter. Unfortunately, FF no longer serves the BBQ slaw dog, but having made the trek down there, we went ahead and each ordered a chili cheese dog. The dog itself was awesome, weighing about a pound, but the chili was greasy and mediocre and the bun was stale. We wound up just eating the dog. Even if they get some indoor seating with A/C, I don't think we'll be going back. Note: the BBQ slaw dog migrated to Casey's in the MK, and I HIGHLY recommend that.

Pros:

1 lb. hot dog

Cons:

Chili, bun, outdoor seating with no A/C

Reviewed by Jojo47 Review Date: 01/17/2013

I just wanted a plain hot dog which is not listed on the menu so neither was the price. A plain hot dog with a bag of chips was $7.00. The hot dog was cold the bun was dry. Very disappointed. Also the veggie burger from adjoining counter although you received a large portion of fries, was dry and odd tasting. Again for the price disappointing. My daughter said the regular hamburger was good and satisfying.

Pros:

Plenty of seating. Nice atmosphere.

Cons:

Not worth the cost

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 11/21/2015

Due to construction, it was the only choice between that and the turkey leg stand. Everything had either barbeque sauce or chili on it. Although I knew better, I ordered the bacon cheeseburger,the only option. Ice cold, left funny aftertaste. Whoever orders hamburger product for the studios food service has never tasted it. Homemade potato chips were tooth breaking hard. You order at window, turn around and try to get into pickup line two feet away. Very confusing to who is in what line. The cast member were the best part of lunch

Pros:

Friendly cast members

Cons:

Everything else