Reviews of Fairfax Fare

View Menus at Fairfax Fare Dining Location

Read more about Fairfax Fare including links to menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/fairfax-fare

Service - limited breakfast and full lunch and dinner.

Reviewer: disfam4 Review Date: 09/27/2018

Menu has changed to a Mexican theme since the last time we ate here. I had the layered rice bowl. My husband had the empanada platter. Both tasted fine but nothing spectacular. Serving size was adequate. Seating is horrible as it serves three other counter service locations. The service was really slow getting the food.

Pros:

Decent food, diverse chiice

Cons:

Crowded seating area

Reviewer: snovak Review Date: 11/11/2016

Ate here Oct 27th for lunch. We ordered the baked potato with beef. VERY good...the potato was huge, with a large dollop of sour cream on top. The beef was tender and very lean. First time eating here, and we will be back. The only negative is the outdoor seating....you have to not be afraid to ask someone if you can share their table, they are hard to come by.

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

Seating

Reviewer: LISAE Review Date: 08/10/2016

Other than the very busy seating in August there was nothing else we would change about this meal.
We ordered ribs which came with corn on the cob, a chicken and rib platter (also with corn on the cob) and a loaded jacket potato with sour cream, cheese and chives.
The cupcakes were Minnie-type with cute little bows on top. I am not a huge fan of cupcakes and these were a little sweet for my taste but otherwise very nice. The entrees were outstanding and made a nice change from usual theme park offerings.

Pros:

great ribs and loaded potatoes

Cons:

crushed seating

Reviewer: ars0525 Review Date: 04/11/2016

We looked at the several places on the corner area & picked Rosie's although what we got is available at Fairfax Fare as well.

4/9 @ 7:30pm, 2 adults, no DDP, each ordered the kids turkey sandwich. Got fries & apple slices & Sprite. The Darth Vader cupcake looked cool, but was too pricey for me. It was a nice light dinner while we waited for the fireworks. Seating was nice although we had to wander 5 minutes to find some. If you walk over to the side heading out towards the park entrance, there is more seating away from where you order (it seems people clump in those areas). I can see how this place quickly becomes a madhouse in prime time as people hold tables or won't share.

Pros:

Rosie's All American Cafe

Reviewer: nick6300 Review Date: 09/11/2014

This has been rated the worst quick service at HS by Allears members primarily for the long waiting, ordering system, and partially due to food quality. On 9/6 we ordered the chicken/ribs which comes with beans/slaw at 130, right after a 1pm Beauty show. The confusing ordering system that was mentioned in other reviews was nonexistent. We ordered directly at the counter as you would expect, and no one was line! Maybe they do the weird ordering system during peak season, I'm not sure. We got our food immediately, because like other Disney quick service, they ramped up orders in anticipation of lunch crowds. I'm one of the least picky eaters I know, and I eat just about anything. So a 6 rating from me is reflective that the meal was edible, but that I probably would pick just about any quick service at HS over this one. The chicken/ribs, while not bad, was far from what you'd find at an average sit-down restaurant (think a notch below Applebee's). The ribs weren't super tender but still tasty, the chicken was alright. You can get packaged BBQ sauce but there was enough on the meat. The very small sides of beans and slaw were ok, not great. The meal was luke warm from sitting out. You can get the banana pudding with wafers or vanillia cake with custard. We got the latter, and it was a mistake. It came in a small 4 in deep jar, half filled, but it had gone bad from being old. anyway. I think if you paid for this meal outside the dining plan it's around $16, which I'd much rather get the burger at Rosie's next door, and we didn't order a single burger during the entire 8 day trip.

Pros:

Ribs, along w/ Sunset Blvd restaurants: open the latest

Cons:

limited desserts

Reviewer: Dfan79 Review Date: 05/22/2014

I wanted to go to Toluca’s to get a Turkey Leg on my 2nd day, but it was closed. Luckily for me it said on a sign in one of the windows that I could get one at Fairfax Faire. This is of course another Kiosk that’s also in the Sunset Ranch area adjacent to Sunset Boulevard. Fairfax was only a short distance away from Toluca so I didn‘t mind walking over to it. I went right when lunch began at 11 am so the line wasn’t that long at all. In fact there was only one small family in front of me bickering back and forth.

I’ve been hearing for years how great the Turkey Legs are on Disney Specials, Documentaries and Youtube Videos. Its gotten so famous that they even have Turkey Leg T-shirts in some of the stores. So I was very excited to finally get my a chance to bite into one. I knew after the first bite though that it wasn’t that good. I’m not sure if I built it up too much beforehand, but I was really disappointed by it. People have acted like it is a drug that they’d sell their first born for, but I truthfully wouldn’t even want to try it again. I’ll be kind and say it was OK, it was juicy and spiced nice. It was just nothing to write home about. Plus strangely the leg tasted more like Ham than Turkey. I love Ham, but it wasn’t what I expected when I bit into it. I had to look at it a few times to make sure it wasn’t Ham. Even by sight though I couldn’t tell, it was all pink inside of it just like a Ham.

With my meal I got the premade Chocolate Cake, but I’ve heard that others have been lucky enough to get a Specialty Cupcake here. I wasn’t as fortunate though and was stuck with the same old cake that they serve everywhere. They must have a factory full of these and the Carrot Cakes.

There’s plenty of outdoor seating in the area in back of the Fairfax and Turkey Leg kiosks, but they are outside in the florida heat. One good thing about the seating area though was that we had it all to ourselves. It’s like many people didn’t even know it was there. Either that or they decided to eat at one of the much better indoor Counter Services.

Pros:

OK turkey leg, Plenty of seating

Cons:

Overhyped turkey leg, Outdoor Seating

Reviewer: bosslady79 Review Date: 04/03/2014

Was disappointed they were out of chicken. For price, hot dog was small, and not filling for DD 10 ordering off of adult menu. Ate here 3-25

Pros:

Good food,

Cons:

small portion, out of chicken

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 04/02/2014

My friend and I dined here around 9pm on 3/27. I ordered the Kids Power Pack meal and he had the Macaroni and Truffle Oil hot dog. It was very easy to find a seat at that time of night.

My friend said the hot dog was different but he really liked it. I was very pleased with the Power Pack meal. It came in a cute little box that I kept as a souvenir and had quite a lot of food for only $5.99. I was thinking the baby carrots would be great with some ranch dressing, and lo and behold, they had little cartons of it at the condiment bar!

Definitely a great place for a quick bite, particularly if you like "gourmet" hot dogs.

Pros:

Good food, easy to find a seat

Reviewer: Momof4 Review Date: 01/11/2014

We grabbed a quick meal here on 12/30/13. I was super hesitant because of the negative reviews but the park was packed and we had fastpasses for Tower and rock and roller coaster. I had the Fairfax salad and DH had the BBQ sandwich. The salad was very good! DH loved the sandwich as well. This food was a much better option than burgers or pizzas. Fortunately, we ate early because the line moves slowly. I'm sure it gets backed up easily. We definitely will eat here again!

Pros:

Good fast food

Cons:

line to order

Reviewer: MWS Review Date: 01/07/2014

This is a nice choice if you want something a little different than burgers or chicken fingers while at DHS. I had the chicken platter with baked beans and cole slaw. The beans and cole slaw were tasty but the chicken was a little dry, but don’t worry there are several different toppings at the condiment station to spice up the flavor.
The star of the show was the seasonal gingerbread cupcake with cream cheese icing, it was one of the best desserts we had on our trip. It’s more of a spice cake then gingerbread, but the cream cheese icing was awesome!

Pros:

Seasonal cupcake

Cons:

seating