Reviews of Everything POP! Lunch/Dinner

Food Court Lunch/Dinner/Snacks

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/everything-pop/lunch-dinner

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

The rotisserie chicken, meatloaf and pot roast dinners are the best. We do not care for the food at the other stations. It is so loud and noisy we usually go back to the room to eat.

Pros:

good "mom's" dinners

Cons:

pizza not too good

Reviewer: Deborah1017 Review Date: 02/03/2018

Dining here is a nightmare - and this is during a "slow" period. Always jam packed, crowed, loud and stressful. This was our 7th stay here and it just gets worse every time. Lines are long - never enough cashiers, the luke warm food will be cold by the time you cash out, get drinks and find a seat. Breakfast is by far the worst, and coffee runs out at each station often. The food quality is pretty bad. The breakfast platter offers a lot of food ( couldn't finish ) but none of it good, or hot. The dinner foods were all bad also. In the past I have enjoyed the food here, not this time. I cannot recommend anything here - sadly.

Pros:

On site - thats the only goo dthing about it!

Cons:

Food quality - always jam packed - food not hot

Reviewer: mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We used snack credits here after our lengthy days in the park. The food wasn't the greatest and the lines were long. I'm talking like standing in line for food for over 45 minutes long. Aside from convenience, I wouldn't rate there dining hall very high.

Pros:

Open late

Cons:

LONG lines

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 06/24/2016

The food is typical food court type food, but the line moves quickly and everything I tried was decent. The best thing they have here, and I believe it is exclusive to the Pop food court, is the tie dyed cheesecake! I had two while I was there! Very unique and not just pretty to look at! It seems to be a brightly colored tie dyed cheesecake like the name says but the crust I believe is a layer of red velvet cake! YUM!

Pros:

lots of choices

Cons:

crowded and loud

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 05/14/2016

We walked over from AOA where we were staying a couple of times to get a variety. Staying for two weeks, the food courts get old. Having another option is the nice thing about staying at AOA and Pop. We got fish and hot dogs a couple of times. All was good.

Pros:

Cons:

Reviewer: bosslady79 Review Date: 03/11/2016

Glad they have brought back the nachos.
Very accommodating for food allergies, however, the wait to speak to a chef was long. The wait was also long for the specially prepared food.
I advise the person with a food allergy order 20 minutes before the rest of the party.

Pros:

Variety for gluten allergy

Cons:

Long wait

Reviewer: kelhalmom Review Date: 12/23/2014

We were very pleased with the food court food during our stay the week of December 7th. We ate here several times and also ordered pizzas once. The pizza was great, the roasted chicken with potatoes and green beans were amazing (even the kids ate it up), and the kids say the mac and cheese was some of the best they ever had. The only thing that wasn't great was a buffalo chicken flatbread my mother and husband ate. Every thing else was fantastic. There is a little area to sit near the ice cream that has TVs that play cartoons and kid sized tables and chairs. It was never crowded and my kids enjoyed it there!

Pros:

fast, easy, yummy

Reviewer: CinCin Review Date: 11/27/2014

I stayed at Pop Century for 11 nights and dined in the food court for both lunch and dinner several times. I had a very difficult time choosing something to eat as the majority of options just weren't healthy and I didn't want anything breaded and fried, fried without breading, or served on bread, pasta, stuffing or potatoes. I was in search of a grilled chicken breast and some green vegetables other than broccoli. The only vegetable choices other than potatoes seemed to be broccoli, green beans, or corn. The veggie choices were not all available at once, so to opt for a veggie plate wasn't going to be a choice. I tried the fancy turkey sandwich from the first bay but I didn't want the dressing or cranberry sauce or any of the bread really. I was hungry for a simple turkey sandwich and they made me one with just meat and bread. While they were quite accommodating, the turkey was thickly sliced and wasn't the same as the turkey that comes on the shaved turkey sandwiches in the refrigerated case. I didn't like it at all. (Those were sold out which is why I had them trying to build me one). I had the sesame chicken one night and it came with rice and broccoli, but the rice had absolutely no flavor at all. I think it was precooked, processed, and then reheated and served. I don't know, but it had all the flavor processed out and a weird texture more like orzo than rice. I did enjoy the pot roast dinner very much and although it had some fatty portions, the portions were generous enough that even after removing those, I still had more than I could eat. I tried the fried chicken patty with the pasta and alfredo sauce but it wasn't at all like the chicken alfredo that they served with the salad and breadstick in 2012. I was disappointed. The pasta was just a cheap filler and with dietary restrictions on carbohydrates, there were few choices for me to pick from. I was frustrated to the point that I walked over to Art of Animation and dined there. I found some wonderful choices there like roasted acorn squash, spinach and they had basmati rice! I wanted to try the Elvis inspired cupcake I had read so much about, but never saw it there. I didn't even see an empty spot with a label as if it were sold out. I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like Disney service and pride has gone out the window. The food service staff didn't seem to happy working there and weren't welcoming or friendly at all with the exception of the chef at the omelet station and one of the girls at the adjacent station with the bounty platters. Other than those two who actually smiled and greeted me, the rest weren't any different that at any other fast food place. It did not used to be like that at Disney resorts. You knew you were at Disney because there was a feeling in the air, and the cast members were happy and friendly and were always "on stage". They smiled and greeted you and everyone you passed acknowledged you with a greeting and welcome or something. Sadly, it isn't like that for the majority anymore. I stood in line waiting for an order and got to listen to two of them talk about their personal lives and relationship drama and it was like they completely forgot they were on stage. The food wasn't bad here by any means, but there weren't many healthy options and with 1 hot vegetable choice other than potatoes there is not much except a cold salad, or cold celery stick and carrot tray from the cold case. My favorite meal from here ended up being the pre made pre packaged shaved turkey and cheese sandwiches from the cold case, but they apparently were everyone else's too as they were ofter sold out by dinnertime. I would dine here again, but I couldn't do it every day as the lack of choices available to me and wanted a fresh new meal and not the same thing over and over. I heard raves about the meatloaf and even though the sign said it was meatloaf night, and it was only 1830 they didn't have any. The server did check for me though. I just don't know what to say about this food court. I want to love it, but I don't. I don't want to bash it either though as it wasn't poor at all, it simply wasn't my tastes.

Pros:

Grab and go food, chocolate croissant, made to order omelet

Cons:

not many healthy choices available, needs more variety of hot vegetables offered at one time

Reviewer: goldensunshine Review Date: 09/29/2014

I just returned from a week at the Pop Century and was extremely disheartened at the food choices for dinner. I am one of those "weirdos" who don't eat meat off the bone because it unfortunately grosses me out, so aside from the pasta selections, or a sandwich of sorts, I was out of luck. I stayed a few years ago at the All Star Sports and had turkey and other selections that I loved, so this was disappointing. I ended up with the chicken parm with pasta. It was tender, but dry - it had no sauce on it and the marinara sauce was like watered down tomato paste. I am usually the type that will eat anything too and like it, while others turn their noses up. The burgers were always cold and had a funny taste to the meat. We had the burgers twice thinking maybe it was a fluke the first time. The only thing we enjoyed were the nachos.

What really sealed the deal though was the personality and attitudes given to the guests by the Everything Pop servers. The dessert line where you can get ice cream, at one point, was empty of anyone to assist a long line and when she finally came strolling out of the back, she was slow, apparently annoyed and not very friendly to people. The burger line, they argued with one another, rolled their eyes at people and never greeted anyone with a smile. I couldn't believe this was Disney! The remainder of the hotel staff were friendly - even the mousekeeping staff, but this was enough for us to rethink the Pop Century in the future.

Pros:

The Nachos were good

Cons:

The staff

Reviewer: manatee2420 Review Date: 07/21/2014

We ate lunch here once and dinner here once. Both were equally as crowded, especially around the drink stations. The sushi was very good. I expected it might be slimy from sitting, but it tasted fresh. I saw on the label it was actually brought in from the Japan pavilion in Epcot. The Pop nachos were also good with a wide selection of toppings. I was a little disappointed that they no longer serve the shrimp lo mein I have read so much about on this site.

Pros:

wide selections

Cons:

crowded