Reviews of Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel Bar

View Menus at Enzo's Hideaway Tunnel Bar Dining Location

Cuisines: Italian

Cuisines: Italian
Menu and additional information: http://allears.net/dining/location/enzos-hideaway

A speakeasy inspired by Roman aperitivo bars, located in the storied rum-runner tunnels that adjoin Maria & Enzo's. Inspired by Florida's true history of rum running, Enzo's Hideaway will pour Prohibition-era cocktails at its Tunnel Bar and serve a casual menu of hearty Roman dishes, such as the city's legendary Bucatini alla Carbonara (hollow spaghetti with creamy egg and pancetta sauce) and Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe (square-cut spaghetti with pecorino and black pepper).

Reviewed by orangebird Review Date: 09/26/2018

We really enjoy dining here. The service is top notch, the atmosphere is most enjoyable and you really do feel like you are in Rome back in another time. The menu has greatly improved since opening as well. We have only been during lunch hours but you can actually have a nice conversation there and not have to strain like in so many other disney springs location. Yes it is high but what isn't at disney springs in terms of sit down dining, it is well worth the price. We can't wait to go back.

Pros:

atmosphere, service

Reviewed by elainep Review Date: 09/15/2018

Had a 6:45 ADR at Enzo’s Hideaway on Monday, July 2nd. Checked in at the podium shortly before my reservation time and was seated immediately. Thought the dining room and bar area were charming—the place looked just like the “fixed up” basement it’s supposed to be. My server was Salvator and he and his coworkers did a great job of taking care of me—very attentive service, but not overly so. Ordered a Stag’s Leap chardonnay, the Cesare salad and the snapper (which I remembered to request a little more well done) and was served with sides of potatoes and vegetables. All were excellent—this was easily the best meal of my trip. Enjoyed every bit of it and will be bringing friends when we visit the World next month.

Pros:

Great atmosphere, attentive service, really good food

Cons:

Some may not like dining in a place with no windows

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/19/2019

Our group of 4 enjoyed our late-lunch here. Spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli and burger got high ratings. Cocktails by the pitcher were a good deal. We had two of the most charming waiters who kept us laughing with their stories. Good service.

Pros:

First visit-nice experience-good food-great service-nice atmosphere

Reviewed by JNOW Review Date: 09/27/2018

Fantastic dining experience. Amazing service. Cool atmosphere. Great food - easily shareable. Had the lasagna - it was piping hot so be careful of burnt tongues. Very knowledgeable about wine list and willing to let you try before buying. Love the 'speakeasy/hidden' atmosphere. That really appealed to my 10 year old daughter.

Pros:

Great wine list; great food; great service; great atmosphere

Cons:

The bathroom is very hard to get to - and kind weird to walk into the other restaurant

Reviewed by Collette Review Date: 04/23/2018

We enjoyed the arborio rice cone appetizer and the huge bowl of bean soup with plenty of pasta for our appetizers. The rigatoni had good flavors and crunchy bacon-like bits, but perhaps not enough sauce on it. The bistecca pizzaiola is a weirdly-shaped slab of sirloin steak, somewhat chewy, but with a small dab of a good sauce and some nice roasted potatoes and veggies. The amarena sundae was a disappointment, as there were very few cherries and little cherry sauce, and the chocolate ice cream was too intense. It's a cute space with cool theming and a more intimate feel than other Disney Springs eateries, but you have to trek "backstage" to use the restrooms at The Edison restaurant.

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

Route to restrooms

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

I love the concept of this restaurant - a 'rum runner' tunnel that Maria and Enzo found when they were remodeling their existing restaurant. Having the entrance a little hidden is also fun. My favorite entrance into this location is through an unmarked door in the lower level of The Edison - it just feels like you could be finding a secret speakeasy back in the 1920's. Heads up: once you are inside, the atmosphere changes to an upscale Italian restaurant - no speakeasy attire/format here.

That all said, I was not as impressed with the food as I was hoping to be. I've eaten here a couple of times with mixed results. The Salumi e Formaggi is amazing - although it is disappointing that they price it as $17 per serving, but require that you purchase at least two servings (it should just be priced as $34).

I did not have as much success with the pasta. The taste was fine, but it was just bowl of pasta with no garnish. I guess for +$20 I was expecting more. Friends of mine ordered the Classic Lasagna Bolognese and were very happy with it.

On my third trip to Enzo's Hideaway I tried the Salmone (salsa verde, roasted seasonal vegetables, fingerling potatoes) which was very tasty, but I was surprised at the small portion of vegetables.

I think this is a fun place to go have a drink and/or appetizers especially if you like 'hidden' locations. Dinner is fine, but not the best place at Disney.

Pros:

Fun to find the hidden tunnel entrance

Cons:

Food is not the best you will find at Disney