Reviews of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge

The Concierge Rooms and Service at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Jambo House, Concierge Experience AllEars Review: http://allears.net/ae/issue550.htm

Animal Kingdom Lodge FAQ: http://allears.net/acc/faq_akl.htm

Animal Kingdom Lodge Photo Gallery:

Concierge Offerings:

Sunset Safari - only offered to AKL Concierge Guests:

Reviewer: disneymom5 Review Date: 02/13/2019

You’ve read all the reviews about the animals and the great theming, it’s a lovely place. It truly is a great resort, although more spread out and expansive than we prefer. Our preference for a similar resort is Wilderness Lodge, with a similar pool and similar architecture in the main building, but everything feels closer, more central and more easily accessible in the WL; plus we prefer that location by the MK. AKL is very nice but it cannot be overstated how inconvenient the location is, particularly with small children, to be SO far away from the other three parks and have to take the buses everywhere. They are such a hassle. With three small children and a stroller…Those busses day after day became a nightmare. For us, it wasn’t worth seeing a few animals to deal with those buses as our only mode of transportation. In addition, you have to pay significantly more for a savanna view room (that’s probably why you’ve come here, to see animals, right?) and the standard rooms are nice, loved the bunkbeds, but if all you’re going to get is a standard room, why not just stay at the Wilderness Lodge and be much closer to everything? But we’re glad we tried it once, and if you absolutely love animals, then this is the place for you. Really nice counter service location.

Pros:

Lovely theming, great pool, lower priced than the other deluxe resorts (the rooms are slightly smaller).

Cons:

Four people max per standard room. Smaller rooms that most deluxe resorts, and SOOO far from the other 3 parks

Reviewer: Mel Review Date: 12/30/2018

This is our second time staying Club Level at AKL. This experience at Christmas in 2018 was very good and much better than a few years ago. There were hot options at breakfast and cocktail hour. The staff were very helpful with providing food for our daughter with a food allergy. Everyone was very helpful in the lounge. I do wish the club level rooms were closer to the club area. We also had some problems with our room not being cleaned properly, which sort of messed up our first day. We saw many animals and loved the resort.

Pros:

Great food options and helpful planning ahead of arrival

Cons:

Rooms can be far from lounge

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

Our room was ok, rooms for club level are very high up, at least ours was.
the food was exceptional. In the evening for the desert time they showed
a disney movie.

Pros:

friendly helpful cast members good food

Cons:

rooms to high up, would have liked to see the animals more straight on

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I had stayed here with DVC rented points and wasn't aware of all the DVC rules, such as you only get towers ever so many days, if you want them daily you have to pay per towel... The hotel itself to visit is great, the theme and atmosphere is awesome and great restaurants. But to stay here, I DO NOT THINK IT IS WORTH THE MONEY. If you are going to spend a majority of your time in the hotel, then maybe splurge. But my family has stayed at the All-Start resorts many times and had better staff service and overall experience that here at a fraction of the cost.

The pool here isn't that much better. The location is basically where All-Star resorts are.

When we stayed here we had issues with our tickets that I knew how to resolve and the desk staff argued with me on the solution to finally admit I was right and do what I suggested to start with. When we checked out, I waited 2 hours for check my bags with magical express and we still didn't get them checked the line was so long and service was so slow.

We had an safari view and barely saw animals out of our room.

Pros:

Good restaurants and atmosphere but you can get those from visiting, you don't have to stay here and pay the high cost.

Cons:

Services wasn't good it actually seemed to be the worst service we ever had, they won't clean your room or give you new towels daily without paying extra for it. Doesn't seem like there is much extra value to pay for based on the price.

Reviewer: klee Review Date: 09/26/2018

Club Level was absolutely wonderful. We were celebrating our anniversary so we decided to do something special this trip. We were greeted at the door and taken up to the lounge where we met with our concierge cast member. He checked us in and made sure we knew about all the offerings in the lounge and that all our reservations were correct. Shortly after entering our room, we received a nice goodie bag with decorated pins for our anniversary and chocolates. Cast Members around the parks commented several times about the glitter decoration on our pins so this was not the normal look. Our room was very nice and the view was wonderful. We greatly enjoyed our stay and all the free snacks and drinks available in the lounge. The best part was having items we purchased in the parks delivered straight to our room.

Pros:

Free snacks, drinks, desserts, and appetizers in the Club Lounge. Souvenirs were delivered to our room instead of having to pick them up during gift shop hours.

Cons:

The turn-down service was nice but at around 9:00pm so it was a bit inconvenient some nights.

Reviewer: Mars325 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We stayed here in early September for five nights. The cast members are unfriendly. The only time they paid any attention to us was when we checked in, and even then they seemed bored and distracted. The lounge is WAY overcrowded. Our room was on a different floor, far from the lounge. Ovbiously Disney can designate as many rooms as they like as CL this way, instead of the old model of doing it where there was a club level floor, and you would be limited in the number of guests making use of the lounge. At the AKL, if I did not go right up to the lounge first thing, we could not get a table. In the evenings, people would crowd around just waiting for the staff to bring the food out and they would descend upon the offerings as if they had never had food before. To get a glass of wine, you had to flag down a passing CM (EXTREMEMLY difficult as they walked by with eyes averted on their way back into the kitchen), who then acted surprised that you were asking for a glass of wine. The last straw for us was when, having paid in the upper hundreds for a savannah view room, we attempted to take our wine back down to our room to enjoy the view (as well as to just get some peace from the OVERCROWDED lounge), we were loudly SCOLDED by the desk CM who told us that THEIR wine glasses do not leave the lounge! Are you kidding me? EVERY hotel I've ever stayed at I have been allowed to take my wine back to my room. Even at the Courtyard by Marriott. We will never return to the CL there. EVER.

Pros:

The food itself.

Cons:

Service (NONE), overcrowding, distance from room to lounge, unfriendly staff.

Reviewer: EMFR Review Date: 01/21/2018

We stayed there for a week in October. We always split our room stays so had just come from a week in WL CL, which was fantastic. We had no idea that the Club Level would be so different in a similar resort. Consistency please! On arrival we were directed to our room, which was on another floor and some distance from the lounge. We returned to the club lounge to request a different room which we were allocated. (There was another family there at the same time demanding a move as well). This was still on another floor and although closer to the lounge, was still a reasonable walk away. We again requested another room, however there were none available in the resort. We requested a move to another resort, but there were no vacancies. Disappointed, we returned to our room. The room was a standard room with standard amenities, no robes, additional toiletries or anything that would indicate the room was a club room. We then received several free FP to compensate and although the gesture was appreciated, the fact remains that the resort has multiple flaws in club level service. DVC members seem to be the main focus of service - their rooms are on the lounge level, the busses always stop there first, and ordinary club guests appear to be an inconvenience. The serving staff in the lounge were downright rude on at least two occasions and incompetent on some others. They watch what you eat and drink like a hawk - we’re not greedy by any means, but you can ask for two drinks at one time apparently, we didn’t know this (hubby asked for 4 which was two each as there was a line and it would have saved us from queuing up twice - this request was refused). We were treated like children and told off by a member of staff for using a tray to take food back to our room! The lounge was frequently packed and not an enjoyable place to spend time, with an unfriendly atmosphere.

Our TV was broken so we reported it, nothing was done so we reported it again, it still wasn’t fixed so we reported it for a third time to be told “you don’t stay here to watch TV”. We borrowed DVDs from desk just so we could watch something other than the Disney infomercial channels. Would never set foot in this resort again (we are actually very reasonable people and not fussy but you should get what you pay for) and wouldn’t recommend it for anyone else. Spend a little more and stay elsewhere, or stay in a normal room and get the DDP with the saving!

Pros:

Beautiful resort to look at

Cons:

Service, bus service, terrible club level

Reviewer: LynnM Review Date: 03/31/2017

We stayed at AK club level 3/9 - 3/13/17 and were very disappointed this time. The club level staff ignored us in the lounge. At check in we asked for a quiet room and were told we would be away from the elevator as requested. When we got to our room that was not the case, the room was right off the elevator corridor. The next morning after not sleeping very well due to elevator noise, staircase noise and a service room above our room we voiced our complaint. Sue said she would let management know. Later that day she got us a credit for one night which was very nice. But, besides Sue, the attitude of the staff was not what we are used to at Disney. We will not stay club level there anymore.

Pros:

Beautiful resort

Cons:

club level service was terrible

Reviewer: cdancel Review Date: 03/20/2017

Checked in and hostess gave my son his birthday pin and a cheetah print visor. She then escorted us up the elevator while singing the Mickey Mouse song. MANY other guests joined in the singing while we marched to the elevator. She told us not to try and push the #6 elevator button but rather just hold our band to it and it would take us there. Another cast member greeted us on the 6th with a welcome gift bag full of trail mix, scroll of welcome and hotel info. He then offered us alcohol while we waited for a room but we declined and just partook of the offered snacks which included jelly beans, cookies, fresh fruit and create your own trial mix: goldfish, yogurt covered pretzels, cashews, cranberries, golden raisins, and African spiced nuts. A room was ready but we wanted a bunk bed room which took about thirty minutes to clean for us. My son enjoyed watching Sister Act and snacking while I perused the small book lending library in the lounge. We came back at dinner time to the lounge and on the menu they had broccolini, mashed potatoes, butter curry turkey, as well as African stew. I remember reading that the club did not serve enough food to count as a meal and I would disagree. I think they served enough at breakfast and dinner to fill me up. However the lunchtime offerings definitely would not hold me over. For breakfast we had African quinoa which was quinoa with diced fruit and you could add additional fruit or brown sugar. They also had oatmeal, boiled eggs, fresh fruit such as pineapple, berries, grapes, grape fruit, bananas, etc, croissants, bagels, yogurt, jams, butter, cream cheese, scones, muffins, milk, juices, teas, and the cappuccino machine. We definitely got our money's worth with the food. They also kept the lounge very clean with a constant supply of staff members clearing the tables, refreshing the food supplies, and taking special requests from diners. I tried to tip one but he said they were not allowed to accept tips. Staying concierge level is also the only way to get the great views from the 6th floor. I have never stayed fancy level at any other hotel so have nothing to compare it to. Also should note that we paid less for it as we had the Florida resident discount rate and the concierge level was only about $20-$30 more per night than a non concierge level room. But we loved it, would recommend, and would do again.

Pros:

Free food, great views, great customer service

Reviewer: Disney Dad Review Date: 10/19/2016

I have been to WDW more than 20 times, and decided to take my family to the AK lodge. We splurged on a Club Level, one bedroom suite. The room and lodge were fantastic, and as always Boma and Jiko were perfect!

However, we won't be back to the Club Level room. The club service continues to deteriorate.
I timed my check-in time at just over one hour (3pm on a Sunday). We were given a small, not helpful map to navigate the large resort without offer of Bell service or useful directions.
Several times, the cast members in the Club Level were complaining about their staffing ratios (apparently decreased from 4 to 3 cast members per shift) and needing to arrive for work at 5 am.
When they didn't know the answer to a question, they made up an answer instead of looking up the correct answer. As a savvy Disney traveler, this is sad. The AK lodge has a wonderful physical building, but the Club Level is not worth the considerable expense.
For a truly great Club Level experience, I recommend Yacht Club. It has always been warm and welcoming.

Pros:

Beautiful lodge, spacious room, comfortable rooms, quiet rooms

Cons:

Lounge staff