Reviews of Diamond Horseshoe - Frontierland - Open Seasonally

View Menus at Diamond Horseshoe Dining Location

Read more about Diamond Horseshoe including a link to the menu here: http://allears.net/dining/location/diamond-horseshoe

Very seasonal offerings during peak periods.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

The Diamond Horseshoe is located in Frontierland inside Disney's Magic Kingdom park. It is an all you care to eat western themed meal served family style - where I try to eat at least once on each trip to Disney.

It starts off with their Frontier Salad which consists of Tossed Greens, Tomatoes, Onions, Roasted Corn, and Cornbread Croutons served with House-made Chipotle-Ranch Dressing. Refills are available upon request - I know this for a fact as I love this salad so much I have a hard time moving past it to the main meal. :)

The Saloon Feast consists of Barbecued Pulled Pork, Carved Turkey Breast, Smoked Sausage, Braised Beef, Cowboy Beans, Seasonal Vegetables and Baked Macaroni & Cheese all served on a large platter for the table (I like everything except the Cowboy Beans). Make sure to try the Cornbread too - it is delicious.

If you have any room left you can end your meal with a Campfire Brownie served in an iron skillet.

This meal is pricey, but if you can time it right you can have a good breakfast and then eat here mid-afternoon to cover both lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended.

Pros:

No reason to ever leave hungry! Nice place to stop and eat/rest during a hot afternoon at MK. Reservations rarely needed. If you know there is something you will not eat, you can ask for it to not be included with what is delivered to your table.

Cons:

Pretty pricey, especially for a family.

Reviewer: SKNJ Review Date: 07/17/2017

This is now open year round. The food was ok. The cornbread was good. The salad dressing was a little on the spicy side but good. It is a family style meal. We walked in without a reservation and there were only 3 or 4 other tables occupied when we left. They do not have plain lemonade and the tea is unsweetened.

The manager of this place is also over Liberty Tree Tavern and she spoke with us. She told us that they have had a few menu changes as they are trying to get this one figured out. The service was very good and once the server realized our youngest has ADHD, he took it upon himself to keep him entertained. They allowed our son to be a "greeter" at the front door, gave him the lighted tinkerbell clip, and even played games with him.

The desert was excellent. It is a very rich chocolate chip brownie with marshmellow crème on top of grahm crackers. It is basically a smores. It would be better if it was served with a scoop of ice cream. It was one of the best deserts that I had this visit.

Pros:

Desert

Cons:

drink selection

Reviewer: Quinniebear Review Date: 02/28/2015

Visited on February 27. Ordered a brisket sandwich with fresh chips. The carved pork was dry and tasted terrible. Sandwich covered in a horrible onion sauce. The fresh chips turned out to be a bag of lays because "the kitchen can't keep up." No apologies. My husband's portabella salad was passable. Both of us said it was worse meal ever on Disney property.

Pros:

Inside seating good service

Cons:

Poor quality food

Reviewer: peytonshea02 Review Date: 06/04/2014

This was open over Memorial Day weekend - having never been there I decided to give it a try. I was the only one in the group hungry, so I got to have 1 meal solo! I ordered the Barbecued Turkey Sandwich. I had no idea what to expect when I ordered it because it had no description but it sounded good. It ended up being exactly like a pulled pork sandwich (but obviously turkey ;) ) - It had a nice tangy BBQ sauce and was served on a large, soft roll. It was really good and hit the spot!