Reviews of Crystal Palace Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Crystal Palace Dining Location

Read more about Crystal Palace including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/crystal-palace

Buffet Character Lunch/Dinner
Pooh and Friends

Reviewer: Colleen Review Date: 09/30/2018

We’ve eaten here a few times. The food is ok, pretty standard buffet fare, but the desserts are quite good. The atmosphere is nice, and the servers are good. The main reason we eat here is for the Winnie the Pooh characters who my grandchildren love. This was the best character interaction we had with my 6 month old grandson. A very pleasant lunch experience.

Pros:

Winnie the Pooh characters, nice atmospere

Cons:

Ok food, usually a bit of a wait to be seated

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Buffet that isn't very good for food. It's cool to meet Winnie the Pooh characters and that's why you would come here, there are better buffets. They do have a march the kids can join in that is neat.

Pros:

Get to meet the Winnie the Pooh characters. Buffet if you are very hungry. Have a march the kids can participate in.

Cons:

The buffet selection is small and food isn't very good compared to other buffets.

Reviewer: morgaa2 Review Date: 09/29/2018

We have had a bad service or food experience here and the character interaction is great.

Pros:

Food and character experience

Cons:

Very busy so reservations are essential. Also, A/C runs very cold...probably to keep Pooh and friends comfortable but I often feel like I need a sweater (even on hot summer days)

Reviewer: cmschn Review Date: 09/27/2018

We went here for one of the earliest possible dinner reservations. It wasn’t crowded yet and that along with our seat by the window really reduced the chaos that buffets can have. The character interaction was ok, most of the characters didn’t really stick around, but Tigger was great. He tickled my daughter and she couldn’t stop laughing. The food was very good; we were impressed by all the buffets at WDW. However, if I had to rank the food deliciousness at the buffets we tried on our trip, Crystal Palace would be ranked last. Overall, we had a pleasant experience, but not enough that we would need to return, unless my daughter desperately wanted to see Piglet and Eeyore again. I would recommend as a nice break from touring the park, but not a must.

Pros:

See Piglet and Eeyore, good food, pretty restaurant, good service

Cons:

Nothing that really wows

Reviewer: mom_629 Review Date: 09/27/2018

Like home.Loud,friendly and fun.my daughter and I have an unusual allergy, the chief came out and showed us what on the buffet we could eat. Wonderful!!

Pros:

Fun good food

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewer: Hayls Review Date: 09/26/2018

Last trip to WDW we wanted to switch it up and try the dinner buffet. It was not bad, but I definitely prefer breakfast.

Pros:

buffet offers many options, characters come to your table.

Cons:

you cannot get outside the building when it is raining and everyone is trying to take cover.

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/15/2018

Crystal Palace has been a go-to for us for 11 years and counting. We most recently dined here on Monday, 9/3/18 before MNSSHP. Our reservation was at 5:20pm; like Wine Country Trattoria in Disney California Adventure, they now take a cell phone number and text you when your table is ready. Got lots of compliments on my Halloween outfit from nearly all the CMs. One even asked where we got our ears from - they're several years old and not in stock anymore.

We were seated and meeting Pooh by 5:28. I know Disney is doing away with straws across property unless you ask for them. I'm really skeeved out by drinking directly from a glass that other people have also drank directly from - I'm sure we've all encountered a glass with someone else's lipstick marks on it at some point or another. Yes, we were given straws when requested, no problem.

The food was very good. They had pork with a peach sauce and strip loin with a horseradish glaze. I didn't take either of the sauce options but the meat on its own was good. Great mashed potatoes and mac 'n cheese. I can't remember if it was here or Tusker House where I tried the Tropical Homemade Coleslaw, but I didn't like it. Easy even for picky eaters to find something to eat here.

Numerous dessert options, including a bunch of Halloween themed ones. They had "Rabbit's Garden Worms and Dirt" which is simple yet satisfying. Smores Tart was very good. Blueberry mousse dome that had an Eeyore tail decoration looked cute but had an odd texture that I did not like at all. Pooh's Honey Cream Pot was good. I was looking forward to the Mickey's Not So Scary themed Chocolate Bark, but it was very disappointing. It looks like there are crumbled gummies baked on (purple and orange, of course) and that's all I could taste. No chocolate flavor at all.

We usually come here for breakfast but I'm glad we visited at dinner. Started our evening off with some characters and filled up for the night, although then we were so full we couldn't find room for any of the special Halloween food items in the park!

Pros:

Good variety of food, nice character interactions

Cons:

Chocolate bark had no chocolate flavor

Reviewer: Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

Came here for lunch and found it as a typical buffet.

Decent food, good character interaction, the only disappointment was the roasted turkey. As a Chef I can tell you they are using butterball turkey or smothering the turkey in butter, that's all you could taste.

Debating if I should come here again. Not a bad experience, great for families with kids who like Winnie the Pooh

Pros:

characters, buffett

Cons:

turkey

Reviewer: saffie Review Date: 11/24/2017

Let me just preface this review by saying I did NOT want to eat here. This reservation came about because it was my son's birthday, and both he and his child-at-heart dad wanted to meet Winnie the Pooh. I'm not a huge fan of buffet dinners; I usually find them bland and sketchy at best. So I made the reservation 180 days out with serious reservations of my own, and the entire time I'm asking them, "Sure you don't want to change your mind?" Well, they didn't, and sure enough, we wound up at Crystal Palace. And I'm so glad we did! We were matched with the most wonderful server on the planet (wish I could remember her name, but she was thoroughly British and thoroughly cool!) There was food for even the pickiest person in our party. Everything was tasty (with possibly the exception of the green beans; they were just plain) and the desserts almost destroyed us; we had to try them all several times over and we were already full from dinner! The characters took the time to take pictures with everyone in our party, and I really appreciate that. I can't think of a single thing that went wrong during that dinner, and for that, this place gets a solid ten from me. Can't wait to go again!

Pros:

character interaction; service

Cons:

Can't think of any

Reviewer: Km888 Review Date: 10/14/2017

Be prepared for a long wait even with ADR- very popular.
I took my 10 year old son for breakfast and we really enjoyed it. The food was good (we generally prefer breakfast for character meals - lower price and breakfast food seems to translate better at the buffets, especially when you are trying to time character visits to the table).
Characters circulate fairly quickly - suggest visiting around 10:30 near the end of breakfast service - good mid-morning break and plenty of food to hold you until dinner!

Pros:

Characters! Food