Reviews of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

View Menus at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe including a link to the menu here:

Tomorrowland

Reviewed by elkhunter1 Review Date: 08/04/2013

We enjoy eating here for lunch when we come to WDW-decent food and variety-centerally located in the park-usually crowded though.

Pros:

Quality/Topping Bar

Cons:

Crowded

Reviewed by vickie1016 Review Date: 07/31/2013

We eat here every trip for lunch at least twice. Good food, lots of choices, friendly CM. DH & I had the pulled pork - very flavorful. DD (7) had the chicken nuggets. (This was the only place she had nuggets the whole trip!) I also like that the desserts come in a container with a lid. We could not eat the desserts at lunch & was able to put in the cooler for later in the day.

I like the new seating arrangements - You are not seated until you have your food. No more walking around the room looking for an open table while your food gets cold because people are "holding" the tables while the rest of their party gets the food.

Pros:

food

Reviewed by Disney6 Review Date: 06/07/2013

Since we did not feel like waiting in the rain for Be Our Guest...we went to our old stand by, Cosmic Rays. It is typically food but the three stations mean that everyone can select from different types of options. DS17 got a burger which he loaded up with all kinds of things from the fixin' bar. 2 of us had the chicken meal and it was tasty although I have had better green beans. Two had chicken tenders meals and they liked choices as well. I think the only bad decision was the kids chicken nugget meal.....the chicken was just plain yucky! We let DS8 share with the rest of us because it was that bad. It was crowded and not easy to snag a table but we managed and were full when we left.

Reviewed by lamystreaux Review Date: 06/07/2013

Great quick service! Love the toppings bar. How can you go wrong with cheese sauce for the burgers and fries. My wife really like the pulled pork.

Pros:

toppings bar

Reviewed by beccab Review Date: 04/16/2013

Ate here for dinner on our recent trip, the first week of April. All had bacon cheeseburgers and fries. Love the toppings bar...and admit that we all have a soft spot for Ray and his lounge songs.

Not the best food you'll ever have but it's decent and a family favorite.

Pros:

toppings bar, ample choices

Reviewed by shell65 Review Date: 04/01/2013

It was a fun place to eat. The staff was nice and the food was good.

Pros:

great variety, good food

Reviewed by Disney6Pack Review Date: 03/21/2013

Party of 5 (me, DD15, DD14, DS12, and DD10) at Magic Kingdom during Mardi Gras break. We just wanted a mid-afternoon snack, so I ordered chicken nuggets, 2 orders of fries, and 2 drink for the 5 of us to share. I personally don’t think the food is all that great, but the kids love it for some reason. I think they mostly like sitting in the air-conditioned room watching Sonny Eclipse, so we always seem to end up here on every trip. Food is ok, but on a past visit I had the chicken sandwich which was extremely dry. It wasn’t crowded during this visit because of the timing, but I have seen it unbearable in the past during lunchtime. We’ll probably keep coming because it’s a favorite of the kids, but I would probably skip it if it was just me.

Pros:

atmosphere

Cons:

crowded, hard to find a table

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 03/10/2013

Ate here again over February break right at 11 so no lines. The chicken meal is why we eat here. That is always good and plenty of food. Burger I had was dry and not very hot. Its good when not crowded so you can get a table outside easily.

Pros:

chicken meal

Reviewed by Ponchoselmore Review Date: 02/28/2013

I ate here on Feb. 19 for lunch. It was crazy busy, but didn't take too long to get our food. I had the bacon cheeseburger and pilled on the fixings like mushrooms, pickles, and grilled onions. It was a very good burger. The main problem was the crowd, which is not an issue they can control. I don't like walking through all those people with a tray full and searching and fighting for a place to sit. Might try it again on a slow day.

Pros:

Fixings Bar, Good Burger

Cons:

Too Busy and Loud

Reviewed by doironi Review Date: 02/09/2013

Wow, this restaurant is noisy and very crowded. It's hard to get what you order. There's always a problem with the order. The seagulls outside of the restaurant are a real pest, they try to steal food from people eating outside and of course, some brainless people feed them so go figure.

Pros:

Descent food

Cons:

service, noise, seagull outside