Reviews of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

View Menus at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe including a link to the menu here:

Tomorrowland

Reviewed by deb620 Review Date: 06/27/2015

1/2 chicken and slab of ribs meal was very good at a good price. We had to eat at a standing table until a regular table became available. A very busy place.

Pros:

great food for the price

Cons:

seating

Reviewed by WDWDad1974 Review Date: 05/13/2014

When on the dining plan, I try to pack as much value into each meal to stretch the plan and my cash out so that I can splurge on the really good food. This place is an awesome deal for the dining plan. A rack of ribs AND a half chicken, plus sides? My son and I split one, and we had leftovers. There are not a whole lot of options, so if you don't like ribs and chicken, well.....

And everything tasted good too. My wife had the pulled pork, which was good. The chicken was not dry or flavorless--which I had expected. I really like good ribs, and these were not bad, but not the best I've had. Not fabulous, but certainly an enjoyable meal. And, again, an AWESOME DEAL for the dining plan.

Pros:

Portions

Cons:

crowd, options

Reviewed by Leanne2112 Review Date: 05/05/2014

A lot better than I expected, the food was very fresh and the price was reasonable given that it's inside Magic Kingdom :)

Pros:

Fresh food and reasonable price

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 04/03/2014

Dined here for dinner after the fireworks 3-24. The food was good, large portions.
The only downfall to dining so late was the salad and sandwich station was closed at the start, by the end of our dining the chicken station was also closed. This leaves few options.

Pros:

Good food, empty late

Cons:

Stations closed

Reviewed by DisneyJunkie Review Date: 10/31/2013

This is one of our staple quick-service dining locations in WDW, one we always hit when we're at MK. The food portions are more than adequate and the quality is ok to good.

Pros:

Quick, good food in generous portions.

Reviewed by Mich97 Review Date: 08/30/2013

Ate here for lunch in July. Decent food and choices. Tables can be small tho if you have more than 2 people eating.

Reviewed by elkhunter1 Review Date: 08/04/2013

We enjoy eating here for lunch when we come to WDW-decent food and variety-centerally located in the park-usually crowded though.

Pros:

Quality/Topping Bar

Cons:

Crowded

Reviewed by vickie1016 Review Date: 07/31/2013

We eat here every trip for lunch at least twice. Good food, lots of choices, friendly CM. DH & I had the pulled pork - very flavorful. DD (7) had the chicken nuggets. (This was the only place she had nuggets the whole trip!) I also like that the desserts come in a container with a lid. We could not eat the desserts at lunch & was able to put in the cooler for later in the day.

I like the new seating arrangements - You are not seated until you have your food. No more walking around the room looking for an open table while your food gets cold because people are "holding" the tables while the rest of their party gets the food.

Pros:

food

Reviewed by Disney6Pack Review Date: 03/21/2013

Party of 5 (me, DD15, DD14, DS12, and DD10) at Magic Kingdom during Mardi Gras break. We just wanted a mid-afternoon snack, so I ordered chicken nuggets, 2 orders of fries, and 2 drink for the 5 of us to share. I personally don’t think the food is all that great, but the kids love it for some reason. I think they mostly like sitting in the air-conditioned room watching Sonny Eclipse, so we always seem to end up here on every trip. Food is ok, but on a past visit I had the chicken sandwich which was extremely dry. It wasn’t crowded during this visit because of the timing, but I have seen it unbearable in the past during lunchtime. We’ll probably keep coming because it’s a favorite of the kids, but I would probably skip it if it was just me.

Pros:

atmosphere

Cons:

crowded, hard to find a table

Reviewed by Ponchoselmore Review Date: 02/28/2013

I ate here on Feb. 19 for lunch. It was crazy busy, but didn't take too long to get our food. I had the bacon cheeseburger and pilled on the fixings like mushrooms, pickles, and grilled onions. It was a very good burger. The main problem was the crowd, which is not an issue they can control. I don't like walking through all those people with a tray full and searching and fighting for a place to sit. Might try it again on a slow day.

Pros:

Fixings Bar, Good Burger

Cons:

Too Busy and Loud