Reviews of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

View Menus at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe including a link to the menu here:

Tomorrowland

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

like the grilled chicken sandwich, is average. we went here so my friend could
try the hidden menu pork/beef burger. She said it was great.

Pros:

variety of offerings

Cons:

ordering system is complicated

Reviewed by RodNShirle Review Date: 09/27/2018

Could be better. The chicken platter is good. Hamburgers and chicken strips are average. Grand-daughter loved the mac and cheese. Once in awhile there will be a deli section open, but last couple of times that is closed, so I don't know if they no longer offer or not.

Pros:

There is a fixin's bar for the burgers and dogs. This spot is always open so that helps if you are eating late.

Cons:

Very average

Reviewed by parksutton Review Date: 06/03/2016

Ate here on a Tuesday in May for lunch. It was good. The best thing was the portions, it cost a bit more then the average place at disney but the portions are very big. I actually ordered the combo chicken and rib plate and split it with my son. The food tasted good and the fixings bar was very nice touch too. You can add mushrooms, pickles etc.

Lines were long but moved quickly. We went at approx 1:15 and there was no seating available so we came back at 2:30 and there was plenty of seating.

A good variety for the picky eaters in the group.

Overall a good experience. As with most things in disney I wish it was cheaper.

Pros:

Portions

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 07/10/2015

During our recent trip (June 25 to July 5) we ate here once in the late afternoon before the diner crowd hit. Lines were short and we got our food fast. Usually we get the chicken or ribs but it was too hot for a heavier meal. So we settled on burgers, dogs and chicken sandwiches. Food was ok except the burger was somewhat dry. Plenty of fixing at the bar but I think they also took out the hot cheese here. It's decent for counter service for the standard fare. The seating is crowded and not very spacious so if you have two trays its hard to navigate.

Pros:

Decent food

Cons:

Load area, small seating

Reviewed by Dfan79 Review Date: 05/14/2014

Cosmic is a great counter service because of the variety of foods and the splendid atmosphere. I had the Rotisserie Chicken, it was terrific and really juicy. The sides kinda missed the mark though, the Mash Potatoes tasted like they’d accidentally dropped too much spice on it and the Green Beans were hard. Afterwards I had the Carrot Cake for dessert, as always it was good, but it's just an average treat. The Carrot Cake is not something that was made in the restaurant. This and the Chocolate Cake are at most of the counters in Magic because they are premade at a factory and easy to distribute.

The atmosphere is even better at Cosmic’s. The rooms lack of pictures on the walls and color pattern (purple, blue and white) are kinda boring, but it makes up for it in other areas. The place is huge and there are two sections that are a nice place to just chill. One of the best seating areas is in the back of the place, it has a humongous room length window. From it you get a beautiful vantage point of Cinderella’s Castle. There is also a place you can watch an animatronic alien named Sunny Eclipse. He performs everyday on a stage in the main room, just this is reason enough to visit Cosmic Rays.

Pros:

Atmosphere (Sunny)

Cons:

Atmosphere (Colors and Blank Walls)

Reviewed by Mirner77 Review Date: 01/09/2014

We ate lunch here on January 6th, 2014. My 15 year old and I both had chicken sandwich with cucumber salad, my 7 year old had the nuggets with carrot sticks and grapes and my husband had the burger and fries. The toppings bar was great! It was nice to have the onions, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms and a wide variety of toppings. I would have liked to see banana peppers! The cucumber salad was yummy! Almost like a pickle with vinegar. It was tasty. My husband liked the fries also. This restaurant was a little chaotic and messy. I think I'd choose somewhere else next time, but the chicken sandwich was good and my husband enjoyed the hamburger as well.

Pros:

Toppings bar & indoor seating

Reviewed by StacyLovesDisney Review Date: 10/02/2013

Each year I eat here just because of convenience to the area we are near. This year I got the grilled chicken sandwich. Once again my meal was so overcooked or had been sitting for a long time that it was dry and chewy. My daughter got the chicken noodle soup with mickey shaped noodles. She loved that. The cucumber salad is delicious, though you get a small portion. Be prepared if you have a large party. Our party of 5 was squished around a round table because all of the booth tables were already taken.

Pros:

Sonny Eclipse

Cons:

Some of the Food

Reviewed by nurseholly Review Date: 10/02/2013

The food was ok, but the ordering system with the different bays is not very efficient. My family wanted different things, so we had to split up. That's not too big of a deal until its time to find each other again after getting your food. It was quite chaotic! The entertainment is Chuck E Cheese like, which my kids enjoyed. The food is nothing to write home about, and I prefer Pecos Bill.

Pros:

cute entertainment

Cons:

confusing ordering system

Reviewed by Disney6 Review Date: 06/07/2013

Since we did not feel like waiting in the rain for Be Our Guest...we went to our old stand by, Cosmic Rays. It is typically food but the three stations mean that everyone can select from different types of options. DS17 got a burger which he loaded up with all kinds of things from the fixin' bar. 2 of us had the chicken meal and it was tasty although I have had better green beans. Two had chicken tenders meals and they liked choices as well. I think the only bad decision was the kids chicken nugget meal.....the chicken was just plain yucky! We let DS8 share with the rest of us because it was that bad. It was crowded and not easy to snag a table but we managed and were full when we left.

Reviewed by beccab Review Date: 04/16/2013

Ate here for dinner on our recent trip, the first week of April. All had bacon cheeseburgers and fries. Love the toppings bar...and admit that we all have a soft spot for Ray and his lounge songs.

Not the best food you'll ever have but it's decent and a family favorite.

Pros:

toppings bar, ample choices