Reviews of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

View Menus at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe including a link to the menu here:

Tomorrowland

Reviewed by DisneyJunkie Review Date: 10/31/2013

This is one of our staple quick-service dining locations in WDW, one we always hit when we're at MK. The food portions are more than adequate and the quality is ok to good.

Pros:

Quick, good food in generous portions.

Reviewed by Hstepzinski Review Date: 11/19/2013

The location is great and very convenient for our plans. The food was terrible though. It was dry and really overcooked. I had a hard time eating the bread because it was thick and dry. My daughter only ate her food because she was so hungry but still only ate about half. My son who is a toddler had a hard time even chewing the food we shared with him.

Pros:

location

Cons:

dry overcooked food

Reviewed by Mirner77 Review Date: 01/09/2014

We ate lunch here on January 6th, 2014. My 15 year old and I both had chicken sandwich with cucumber salad, my 7 year old had the nuggets with carrot sticks and grapes and my husband had the burger and fries. The toppings bar was great! It was nice to have the onions, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms and a wide variety of toppings. I would have liked to see banana peppers! The cucumber salad was yummy! Almost like a pickle with vinegar. It was tasty. My husband liked the fries also. This restaurant was a little chaotic and messy. I think I'd choose somewhere else next time, but the chicken sandwich was good and my husband enjoyed the hamburger as well.

Pros:

Toppings bar & indoor seating

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 04/03/2014

Dined here for dinner after the fireworks 3-24. The food was good, large portions.
The only downfall to dining so late was the salad and sandwich station was closed at the start, by the end of our dining the chicken station was also closed. This leaves few options.

Pros:

Good food, empty late

Cons:

Stations closed

Reviewed by Leanne2112 Review Date: 05/05/2014

A lot better than I expected, the food was very fresh and the price was reasonable given that it's inside Magic Kingdom :)

Pros:

Fresh food and reasonable price

Reviewed by WDWDad1974 Review Date: 05/13/2014

When on the dining plan, I try to pack as much value into each meal to stretch the plan and my cash out so that I can splurge on the really good food. This place is an awesome deal for the dining plan. A rack of ribs AND a half chicken, plus sides? My son and I split one, and we had leftovers. There are not a whole lot of options, so if you don't like ribs and chicken, well.....

And everything tasted good too. My wife had the pulled pork, which was good. The chicken was not dry or flavorless--which I had expected. I really like good ribs, and these were not bad, but not the best I've had. Not fabulous, but certainly an enjoyable meal. And, again, an AWESOME DEAL for the dining plan.

Pros:

Portions

Cons:

crowd, options

Reviewed by Dfan79 Review Date: 05/14/2014

Cosmic is a great counter service because of the variety of foods and the splendid atmosphere. I had the Rotisserie Chicken, it was terrific and really juicy. The sides kinda missed the mark though, the Mash Potatoes tasted like they’d accidentally dropped too much spice on it and the Green Beans were hard. Afterwards I had the Carrot Cake for dessert, as always it was good, but it's just an average treat. The Carrot Cake is not something that was made in the restaurant. This and the Chocolate Cake are at most of the counters in Magic because they are premade at a factory and easy to distribute.

The atmosphere is even better at Cosmic’s. The rooms lack of pictures on the walls and color pattern (purple, blue and white) are kinda boring, but it makes up for it in other areas. The place is huge and there are two sections that are a nice place to just chill. One of the best seating areas is in the back of the place, it has a humongous room length window. From it you get a beautiful vantage point of Cinderella’s Castle. There is also a place you can watch an animatronic alien named Sunny Eclipse. He performs everyday on a stage in the main room, just this is reason enough to visit Cosmic Rays.

Pros:

Atmosphere (Sunny)

Cons:

Atmosphere (Colors and Blank Walls)

Reviewed by peytonshea02 Review Date: 06/04/2014

We were all in the mood for a burger and we were in Tomorrowland - so Cosmic Rays it was! We waited in line for only 5 minutes, ordered 4 Angus Bacon cheeseburgers, 3 with fries and mine with cucumber salad (that healthy thing snuck up on me again). All the burgers were hot and fresh. We added yummy stuff from the topping bar and consumed our lunch while listening to the Alien. I will say, the cucumber salad was excellent! I loved it! I wish all places had this as an option instead of fries.

Reviewed by LISAE Review Date: 08/23/2014

Very long queue to get McDonalds type of chicken nuggets, waited for about 15 minutes then couldn't find seating.

Pros:

centrally located

Cons:

very poor fast food, long wait and no seating

Reviewed by jluck Review Date: 10/04/2014

Visited end of September 2014.
Issue #1. The dining room has some animatronic alien DJ and it was SO LOUD.
Issue #2... you have to go through 3 different lines to get the types of food. Family of 7 here, so of course had to go through all three lines to get something for everyone.
Most of the food was ok, not outstanding but not bad. The hotdog tasted very odd, not rotten, just odd.

The one thing I did like is that you can use the topping bar and get a lot of sides.

Pros:

quick meal

Cons:

horrible lay out, LOUD dining room