Reviews of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

View Menus at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe including a link to the menu here:

Tomorrowland

Reviewed by Warner Review Date: 05/18/2016

I love Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe! I think it is a wonderful place to eat with fun entertainment (Sonny Eclipse!!!) and good food! I had the chili dog (which was fantastic!) and fries which were OK, and the chocolate cake which was excellent! Also, there is a wide variety of food on the menu but the chili dog is my fav.

Only con it's a little hard to find a seat but not too bad.

Pros:

Good food, nice atmosphere, SONNY ECLIPSE!!!

Cons:

little hard to find a seat

Reviewed by meltort Review Date: 04/25/2016

My 15-year-old daughter and I shared the half chicken and ribs with mashed potatoes and green beans and chocolate cake. It was enough food for us. We didn't even eat it all. I wasn't expecting the green beans to be as tasty as they were but I enjoyed them and I think I'm a green bean snob. I didn't think they would have much taste but they were fresh and this meal was a nice change from fried foods.

Pros:

tasty food

Cons:

didn't enjoy the "lounge performance" after a long day

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

My party of 6 went here on a evening magic hours night. So Bay 1 was closed when we got there. That is the food we usually order. But not to worry there were other options available. DH and 2 DS had the big bacon cheeseburgers.They liked them. DD had the pork bbq sandwich and she loved it! DS12 had to order a children's meal in order to get his chicken nuggets so that's what he got and liked it. I ended up with the Greek Salad. It was a good vegetarian option for those who are vegetarian or prefer some non- meat meals. The salad was really good! I had the carrot cake so did others it was good.

Pros:

Big menu with a lot of options

Cons:

Can be loud and pretty crazy

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 11/11/2015

I make no secret that tho is never my first choice to eat at Mk but my mom likes it. We visited for lunch on the wed after Columbus day. We were 4 adults and ds11. I got the chicken sandwich, Ds and dh got pulled pork sandwiches...found a bone and parents got burgers. We were literally told where to sit which was nice in a way however the split us up even though they knew we were 5. Fortunately the woman next to my parents left and we sat there. It was hard to navigate through crowds and there was a monitor at the bathroom hall which was a little much, I am not in elementary school and need permission to use the bathroom. I don't. Need to go back food is average park food better choices that are less crowded and not so controlling .

Pros:

we were seated

Cons:

fixins scarce

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 09/19/2015

We always eat at Cosmic Ray's at least once per trip. The multi-bay ordering system can be chaotic, but the food is always good and fresh. The toppings bar is an added plus. As a family of six, we appreciate not struggling (typically) to find seating together. It can be loud if you're in the main room listening to Sonny Eclipse, but the other dining rooms are much quieter.

Pros:

good food for a quick service location

Cons:

little hectic at time of ordering

Reviewed by whitney37354 Review Date: 07/15/2015

We enjoyed it so much, we ate here twice in one trip. DH & I had bbq sandwich combo & DD had chicken nugget combo. They were very good & DD had more nuggets that she would eat: that's saying something! We had short waits at Bay 3. We enjoyed Sunny Eclipse. I thought the toppings bar was very good. The best part of the very good meal was the sugar free mango gelato. I am a chocolate lover, but the mango was better than the chocolate. We have a new favorite CS in MK.

Pros:

Mango Gelato!

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 07/10/2015

During our recent trip (June 25 to July 5) we ate here once in the late afternoon before the diner crowd hit. Lines were short and we got our food fast. Usually we get the chicken or ribs but it was too hot for a heavier meal. So we settled on burgers, dogs and chicken sandwiches. Food was ok except the burger was somewhat dry. Plenty of fixing at the bar but I think they also took out the hot cheese here. It's decent for counter service for the standard fare. The seating is crowded and not very spacious so if you have two trays its hard to navigate.

Pros:

Decent food

Cons:

Load area, small seating

Reviewed by deb620 Review Date: 06/27/2015

1/2 chicken and slab of ribs meal was very good at a good price. We had to eat at a standing table until a regular table became available. A very busy place.

Pros:

great food for the price

Cons:

seating

Reviewed by bjtrax Review Date: 04/23/2015

The chicken dinner: 1/2 rotis. chicken, crunchy green beans, & garlic mashed potatoes. It is a very good meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed by ajrob Review Date: 02/09/2015

ok, so the food is counter service, not great but really not bad. Usually get burgers, chicken sandwich, etc.

The biggest problem with this counter service is the seating, and it keeps getting worse!

If you do not leave someone behind to "guard" a table or tables, your food will be freezing cold by the time you find a table.

The tables are small and crowded, does Disney not realize they give customers trays with all their food on it but provide tables not big enought to hold them. Forget about multiple trays...Disney needs to open more restaurants to accomodate all their guests. It shouldn't take 1 hr for a quick-service meal. Table service is almost easier.

The Cosmic Ray show has been there since I visited in the 80's so of course we keep going back, but not always worth a walk down memory lane with the crowd in there.

Pros:

Food, entertainment

Cons:

seating