Reviews of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

View Menus at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe Dining Location

Read more about Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe including a link to the menu here:

Tomorrowland

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

Food isn't anything special but we usually end up getting lunch here. Ordering one of nuggets/fries and an extra side of fries feeds my 2 teen girls and wards off them getting hangry.

Pros:

Quick, filling. Toppings bar is great if you like a lot of toppings on your burger

Cons:

Nothing special in terms of food. There are better options if you want more than just basic offerings.

Reviewed by ajrob Review Date: 02/09/2015

ok, so the food is counter service, not great but really not bad. Usually get burgers, chicken sandwich, etc.

The biggest problem with this counter service is the seating, and it keeps getting worse!

If you do not leave someone behind to "guard" a table or tables, your food will be freezing cold by the time you find a table.

The tables are small and crowded, does Disney not realize they give customers trays with all their food on it but provide tables not big enought to hold them. Forget about multiple trays...Disney needs to open more restaurants to accomodate all their guests. It shouldn't take 1 hr for a quick-service meal. Table service is almost easier.

The Cosmic Ray show has been there since I visited in the 80's so of course we keep going back, but not always worth a walk down memory lane with the crowd in there.

Pros:

Food, entertainment

Cons:

seating

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 11/11/2015

I make no secret that tho is never my first choice to eat at Mk but my mom likes it. We visited for lunch on the wed after Columbus day. We were 4 adults and ds11. I got the chicken sandwich, Ds and dh got pulled pork sandwiches...found a bone and parents got burgers. We were literally told where to sit which was nice in a way however the split us up even though they knew we were 5. Fortunately the woman next to my parents left and we sat there. It was hard to navigate through crowds and there was a monitor at the bathroom hall which was a little much, I am not in elementary school and need permission to use the bathroom. I don't. Need to go back food is average park food better choices that are less crowded and not so controlling .

Pros:

we were seated

Cons:

fixins scarce

Reviewed by jdetrick Review Date: 12/13/2014

It's not bad for counter service, but it's not great either.

Reviewed by jluck Review Date: 10/04/2014

Visited end of September 2014.
Issue #1. The dining room has some animatronic alien DJ and it was SO LOUD.
Issue #2... you have to go through 3 different lines to get the types of food. Family of 7 here, so of course had to go through all three lines to get something for everyone.
Most of the food was ok, not outstanding but not bad. The hotdog tasted very odd, not rotten, just odd.

The one thing I did like is that you can use the topping bar and get a lot of sides.

Pros:

quick meal

Cons:

horrible lay out, LOUD dining room

Reviewed by doironi Review Date: 02/09/2013

Wow, this restaurant is noisy and very crowded. It's hard to get what you order. There's always a problem with the order. The seagulls outside of the restaurant are a real pest, they try to steal food from people eating outside and of course, some brainless people feed them so go figure.

Pros:

Descent food

Cons:

service, noise, seagull outside

Reviewed by Nurserachet Review Date: 01/17/2013

It pains me to say anything negative about anything in Disney because I believe they try so hard to give high quality food. The lines moved so slowly I thought I might have mistakenly been in line for space mountain! (Joke) Food was average and I really didn't expect more, but the prices were so high! $8 for a hot dog and fries! And I know food at Disney is high, I have eaten literally dozens of meals in all parks and resorts. It was a plain, regular hot dog. I have to say, they do have one of the best views of the castle from the outdoor patio.

Pros:

This sweet little CM that was giving menus to the folks in line

Cons:

Pretty much everything

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 01/01/2013

Ate here Dec 2012, went to the first bay, chicken, since the lines were the shortest. Ordered quickly but had quite a wait to receive the food. Had the grilled chicken, was cooked correctly but not much in the way of taste. Other family members went through the burger line, which took much longer. Hard to find a seat and it was hard to get near the condiment station. The kids got a kick out of Sunny Eclipse. The 3 different bays for food seem to streamline the ordering process but if you have kids that want different types of food it could be difficult ordering for everyone.

Pros:

Range of menu items

Cons:

can get very crowded

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 01/28/2019

We typically love this place (Sonny is fun, toppings bar is very good) but our last trip in Jan 2019, we only visited once. Shared some chicken nuggets and fries - which were fine. This place is currently under construction so seating was very limited and Sonny is not currently showing. We hear he'll be back so we'll try this again next visit.

Pros:

inexpensive, good toppings bar

Cons:

current construction has limited seating and Sonny is not available

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

like the grilled chicken sandwich, is average. we went here so my friend could
try the hidden menu pork/beef burger. She said it was great.

Pros:

variety of offerings

Cons:

ordering system is complicated