Reviews of Coral Reef - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Coral Reef Restaurant Dining Location

Read more about Coral Reef including links to the menus and a review here: http://allears.net/dining/location/coral-reef

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Living Seas - Future World - Epcot

Reviewer: kj831 Review Date: 12/12/2018

My bestie and I ate lunch here yesterday (Dec 12, 2018) as part of the Candlelight Dining Package. It was our first visit to Coral Reef, and we loved it! The restaurant is gorgeous. The lobby isn't as \"ornate\" as the dining area itself. So when you finally enter the dining room, it's beautiful. We sat on the 2nd level of tables near the tank, and we saw tons of fish, rays and more. My bestie has to eat Gluten Free, and she was happy to see they offered lots of options. We both had the Lobster Bisque which was creamy and delicious. For entree I had the Shrimp N Grits, which I liked but for my taste it was a bit spicy. But the shrimp were fresh and not the frozen kind. My bestie had the Mahi-Mahi, which she'd never eaten before. But she ended up cleaning her plate! For dessert I had the Turtle Cheesecake, which is acutally a deconstruced dish, but beautifully presented. And my bestie had the Chocolate Wave, which she said was very rich but still very good. I'm so glad I finally ate here and that the food was excellent. I definitely would go back again!

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, restaurant is gorgeous, well paced meal

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 12/05/2018

We all agreed that this was our best meal of our trip! Connie was our server and she was great! My DH and DS18 had the baked stuffed lobster, and they loved it! They were served with roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus. My DS15 had the lobster mac&cheese with spinach. He called it the fancy mac&cheese and loved it. I had the shrimp and grits. The presentation was beautiful! the dish had just enough heat without overpowering the rest of the flavors. Wonderful! DH and I had lobster bisque instead of dessert. The 2 teens had the wave, which is their fav dessert. We love this restaurant and love the tank and seeing all the marine life.

Pros:

Love the decor and aquarium, great service, and wonderful food

Cons:

not always easy to get a ressie and expensive

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

When the two of us eat here we ask to wait for a table by the aquarium to open up. One thing is hard, it is hard eating fish while these fish are looking at you. We don't order lobster here anymore, the two times we ordered it, it was not very good.

Pros:

aquarium view

Cons:

some of the seafood is not very good

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Think this place is way overrated. Went their with my family of 4. Got a great table right next to the glass. Enjoyed ourselves till the food came. Mediocre at best. It was great for the atmosphere, but the food was a letdown. Nice to check it out once, but won't be back.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

For some reason this place doesn't get the credit it deserves. Steak/seafood themed with a good food selection. Super cool to see all the sea-life in the aquarium. You can almost always get a reservation. This is kind of a sleeper restaurant, I think because maybe the food is good but not nearly as exotic and other things you can get in Epcot. It's worth at least walking in and looking at the aquarium if you want to eat somewhere with more exotic options in Epcot

Pros:

Huge aquarium to look at while dining, can usually get a reservation even last minute

Cons:

More exotic locations to eat for the food, may get a table with a bad view of the aquarium

Reviewer: EmmaM28 Review Date: 09/28/2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here - 2 adults and a 2 year old. The food was of a high quality and our server was excellent. Having lunch was a nice way to break up a busy Epcot day.

Pros:

Loved the scampi pasta dish, good children’s menu, attentive server who made great suggestions

Cons:

We weren’t sat right by the aquarium (we didn’t ask to be) - but it’s still a calm & relaxed atmosphere

Reviewer: BareNecessities Review Date: 09/27/2018

We really enjoyed our most recent meal here. Sitting right by the tank changes your experience of this restaurant. Our food was very good and very tasty. (Seafood places can sometimes be bland.) The mani-mahi was just right! The service was very good and very conscientious, as one person in our party has a severe health concern, although not an allergen. They gave his meal the extra attention needed, without dismissing it - we've heard this before in other places: "it's not an allergy." While true that it wouldn't bring about an instant 911 call, it would cause very serious problems within an hour or two. So thank you WDW, and the chefs at Coral Reef. Although it seems noisy, it's a muted noise. We've only ever had great food and great service. The lighting is designed for maximum viewing, but this place would lend itself very nicely to having a little corner having dimmed lighting, but that's because this place speaks to the romantic in me!

Pros:

Whole wall aquarium views, and tasty food.

Cons:

nothing comes to mind

Reviewer: magicalcouple Review Date: 09/27/2018

I admit, I am a repeat customer here for nostalgic reasons above all else. However, if the food were terrible in my opinion, I wouldn't repeat at all! The lobster bisque is my favorite appetizer and it never disappoints. I've tried various entrees but the latest was the shrimp and grits which were filling with a bit of a kick to it. I also love the chocolate wave dessert, which is one of my favorite desserts anywhere, anytime! Quite often I am sat by the large aquarium tank because more often than not, when visiting, I am a one top. But I have enjoyed all my seating in the restaurants. I will warn that it is exciting for children to be dining with an aquarium and many times I've had children I don't know at my table, climbing on the aquarium where I am eating. I understand what's going on and do not begrudge them their excitement. But if you will be annoyed by this behavior, don't ask to sit by the aquarium. Not saying it will happen, but it can and does!

Pros:

Ambiance, Bread, Dessert!

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

Not alot of selection and kinda bland

Pros:

Great views

Cons:

Food mediocre

Reviewer: Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

If you're looking for a unique experience, this is an excellent restaurant to go to. Every seat in the restaurant faces a very large aquarium tank - just awesome. For my meal I had lobster bisque, grilled mahi-mahi, and the chocolate dome for dessert. Everything tasted great. This restaurant was very accommodating for gluten allergies. Everyone at the table enjoyed everything that they ordered. Highly recommend this place!

Pros:

Amazing to sit and watch the aquarium as you are having dinner.

Cons:

Need to have a reservation.