Reviews of Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner

View Menus at Dining Location

Read more about Cinderella's Royal Table including a link to the menu here: http://allears.net/dining/location/cinderellas-royal-table

Sit-down service

Reviewed by khh1997 Review Date: 07/28/2014

We ate dinner here on July 26, and it was magical. Our daughter had just turned 10, so we told them when we made the reservation. They had a giant balloon waiting for her, and at the end brought out a special cupcake and sang. Our meals were excellent. I had the crawfish, shrimp, and grits for starters, and it could have been a stand alone meal. The grits were extra creamy and made with gouda. Being from MS, I am extremely picky about my grits and hardly ever approve of restaurant grits, but these were outstanding. For my entree, I had the beef tenderloin on a bed a mashed potatoes. It was cooked medium just like I had ordered it and was very flavorful and juicy. For dessert, I had a cake that had chocolate ganache, chocolate cake, and a white chocolate decoration. It was all so very good! We don't eat here every trip because of the price, but nothing beats it for a special occasion!

Pros:

special meal

Cons:

price

Reviewed by lizzie1974 Review Date: 02/05/2014

We went to dinner here on the 20th of January for our daughter's 8th birthday.
The food was very good. Certainly at least what I would expect for the price. We were all happy with our meals. One odd thing about the kid's dessert offerings: the item described as "cones" were not filled with ice cream. I think it's deliberately misleading. I guess it was some sort of yogurt (?). This was disappointing for the birthday girl.
We were seated in a primo spot at a window. I was so happy about that. Our reservation was for 6:40. The fireworks went off as we were being served dessert. Perfect timing. It was truly amazing and unique to see them from our table.
Here's the one bizarre aspect. Once you are called to come into the castle, there can be in crazy long wait. We were apparently the first of a huge group of people who were basically all let in at a slightly staggered pace. When we were let into what turns out to be a waiting and photo area, there was no one else there but the photo pass guy.
After a few minutes, Cinderella came down the staircase for photos. This was a pretty quick process. Then we were instructed to have a seat and wait (again) for our names to be called to go upstairs to be seated. By the time we were called, this waiting area had completely filled with people. Probably a good 50 people easily. Luckily, we were the first of all of these people to escape the waiting area. Probably waited for about 15 minutes though. So, all tolled, we were in that waiting area for 20-25 minutes.
Our waiter, Mustafa, was excellent. He brought our daughter a candle with her dessert and sang happy birthday to her. Very, very nice touch.
Then there was one funny thing. We saw another waiter, Nabil, serving a table over from ours. He had been our waiter at Spice Road Table the previous day!! Is that weird? I waved and he definitely recognized us. I can't imagine what the chances of that are.

Pros:

location

Cons:

wait time

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/08/2014

We took my step mom here for a recent trip so she could see the inside of Cinderella's Castle (as everyone should at least once). It started out a little rocky. I can never tell what line to stand in at the reservation desk and the people behind the desk are never ever helpful. This time we arrived at 4:28 for a 4:40 reservation. I was told that I had to come back at 4:30..really. While I was standing there it turned to 4:29, but it didn't matter. I had to walk to the end of the line and wait again. Just absurd.

Once we got inside to take pictures, the photographer just started shooting without even warning us. I was amazed that we got one decent picture. The large family in front of us got all kinds of pictures and help from the photographer to get a good picture...we got nothing. Guess you need to have little children for that? Strange.

I kept telling my step-mom that the draw here was not the food but the atmosphere, so was very pleasantly surprised when the food was really, really good. Our server was really great too.

We have been here 3 times and I really hope that we don't have to go back. The whole up front thing is always a frustration. You do not need that frustration on vacation and for the amount of money that this costs.

Reviewed by mbcarol5 Review Date: 10/21/2013

The princesses all came to our table and gave the kids autographs. They were both pretty thrilled. The food was ok, but not the best we had all week. The castle was pretty awesome.

Pros:

princesses

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 10/19/2013

Our group of 8 ( 5 adults 3 children) had lunch here on Oct 13th. The experience was wonderful and well worth the price. From the minute you walk in and have pictures taken with Cinderella to the end of the meal, the cast members are very attentive and make you feel very special. The princesses are portrayed like you see them in the movies and they take time at each table talking and taking pictures with you. The food was one of our best meals while at Disney, and I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. You get shared appetizers of cheese, humus and flat bread, then you get to pick your entrée and dessert. The menu doesn't have a lot of choices but what we got was very good. I chose the short rib, which was cooked perfectly and was very tender and the cheesecake was to die for. I would highly recommend this character meal.

Pros:

Beautiful decor

Reviewed by vickie1016 Review Date: 07/31/2013

We only ate here because DD(7) went to BBB & dressed as Cinderella.

Best part was meeting Cinderella for the picture before dinner. She was lovely.

Dinner was average at best. Small portions, just ok choices. Our server was very nice & very attentive. When DD food was served, something was on her plate - possibly a strand of hair?? Server took it away & came back with a brand new plate of food.

The princesses were so rushed, you could barely get one picture with our camera. Now what bothered me was across from us was a table that included 4 girls of different ages. The princesses made such a fuss over that table - which in itself is great. That is the way the princesses should behave. But then when they came to our table - DH & I & DD(7), they were so rushed, Aurora forgot to come to our table all together!! I could sense that DD was aware of this so diner was not so magical.

Not too sure I will return again. I think Disney is missing the whole point of eating in Cinderella's Castle - so much more could be offered to make this more magical.

Pros:

Eating in the Castle

Cons:

everything else

Reviewed by dvcmember1983 Review Date: 06/12/2013

Our waiter was wonderful. He was prompt with drink refills and even had a wand for our infant. He was nice enough to make sure he could have the wand before he gave it to him. The food quality was okay. My beef came burnt on the outside and the portions were very small for the cost of $60 a plate for this meal. The au gratin potatoes were very good. The princesses were wonderful. They engaged my girls in conversation. It made me happy to see them so excited and speech less like they were in the presence of a celebrity!

Pros:

service, characters,

Cons:

food quality and portions

Reviewed by MrsH42608 Review Date: 04/28/2013

We went to Cinderella's Royal Table for Dinner, mostly because we wanted to try it & see the inside of the castle. If we could have gotten a reservation for breakfast, I'm sure we would have enjoyed it more, but for dinner it is just so below Disney quality, it is surprisingly bad.
I am a Disney super-fan, addict, whatever you want to call me so most of the time, in my eyes Disney can do no wrong. Which is why I was was surprisingly disappointed with this experience. After we were checked in we were told Cinderella wasn't available to do our photo so they would come and get us durin gour meal to come down and do it, which was just really inconvenient. I would have rather done it at the end but then we would have had to wait around for the picture. Anyway the what should have been enchanting spiral staircase leading up to the dining room was well, filthy, and musty and desperately needs to be cleaned. Once we were in the dining I was surprised by the thickness in the air and the smell wasn't a smell that made my mouth water, it was more of a hospital cafeteria type smell. While our waitress was wonderful, attentive and helpful, she was definitely the highlight of this experience.
There is no way to sugar caot this- the food is bad. The rolls served before dinner were the best part. I 100% understand that you're there for the experience, but I mean come ON at least try a little bit with the food! Its Disney, there is NO excuse for such poor quality food, period. We did laugh and smile and enjoy the little wishing ceremony and the princesses were absolutley delightful but the meal itself and the poor ventilation or whatever it was kinda left me with a pretty disappointed feeling. I mean, its Cinderella Castle and it is NOT cheap, it is THE Disney World icon, you would think they would really want to dazzle whomever was able to land such a coveted reservation. But I guess they don't have to, so they dont- which kind of stinks if you ask me.
Anyway, I've heard Akerhaus in Norway at Epcot is better and less expensive so maybe we'll try it next time to compare.
To sum it up, I have dreamed of being inside that castle since I was a little girl and I was disappointed- boo hoo poor me ;) Not the end of the world and I still adore all things Disney but seriously, LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

Pros:

The service, the princesses

Cons:

The food, the smell, the lack of magic.

Reviewed by Cameragrl Review Date: 04/27/2013

This is our third time eating here and by far the best. The wait time was a little longer than expected but once we were seated the food was excellent and served very quickly.

Pros:

Cons:

Wait time

Reviewed by cjwsrt6 Review Date: 04/14/2013

My fiance and I went to the Royal Table one night for a nice, romantic dinner, which it was everything we expected. The wait wasn't bad. We were one of the first to get our pictures taken then right up for the good part, food.

Our server was great, very polite and willing to work with us. All of the food from the salad to the tenderloin and chicken we ordered were perfect. I am not a dessert person but our server was nice enough to at least get me a bowl of strawberries.

Without the dining plan, I'll admit we probably wouldn't have tried this due to cost but it was amazing.

Pros:

Great atmosphere, awsome good, great service

Cons:

none that i know