Reviews of Chefs de France - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Chefs de France Dining Location

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: French, American

Cuisines: French
Read more about Chefs de France including a link to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
France - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by LouO Review Date: 04/29/2019

Gave me a chance to try French food

Pros:

Gave me a chance to try French food

Cons:

I wish they had some sort of variety platter to try different things

Reviewed by Wade Review Date: 04/24/2019

I made a reservation for myself at 8:00 p.m. thinking this would be enough time to eat, walk outside, and watch Illuminations. Checked in at 7:55 p.m. and...waited...waited...waited. Finally at 8:23 p.m. my name was called. I was seated by a window, so at least I thought if I have to I could possibly watch Illuminations through the window. My waiter had a few large tables surrounding me and I thought that may not be a good sign...it wasn't. It took another 10 minutes to order and my food started arriving at 8:45 p.m. I ordered the Prix Fix thinking it might move a little quicker. Salad, Seared Salmon and dessert. After watching Illuminations through the window I asked my server if I could exit and watch the last 6-7 minutes outside before he brought my dessert. This was fine and they waited to bring dessert until I returned. I left the restaurant around 9:35 p.m. The food was very good, not great. The baguette bread is always warm and a nice "French" touch. The ambience is very nice here - really a great nod to French brassieres in Paris - and the wait staff is attentive. My only two complaints were I was seated so late and they don't accept Tables In Wonderland for dinner.

Pros:

Great ambiance, wait staff, and location in Epcot. Food is usually very good.

Cons:

I seem to always get seated late and they don't take Tables In Wonderland for dinner - lunch only.

Reviewed by ret1958 Review Date: 04/18/2019

We really wanted to love this place, but found the food just average. We had the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package in 12/18 and I looked at list showing this was 1 table service credit on Meal Plan and was told it was 1 by others, but my fault, I did not read fine print for Dinner Package and it was actually 2 meal credits! We would not have been really satisfied with 1 credit, let alone 2!We even asked when server took our order and he said appetizers were included, why since this 1 credit and he just said No, they are included! We just thought maybe they were here. He never said 2 credits...not that it mattered at that point..we were there. Server did not come back to refill our drinks, meal took awhile to come out. Food much better at Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, even Biergarten.

Pros:

Nice setting.

Cons:

Not good enough as far as we are concerned. Tight setting.

Reviewed by tillch2 Review Date: 04/17/2019

We had dinner here on April 6th. We split the steak which was very good and each had the onion soup which was super filling. They waiters sang happy birthday to my daughter which made her night (she is 29 and they are all very handsome :)

Pros:

food, service, location

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/28/2019

My work and I ate dinner here on January 10, 2019. We both had the onion soup whic was very good. My wife had the salmon and I had the Beef Bourguignon. My wife liked the salmon. However, the beef was dry and over cooked. The bottom of one of the pieces was burned and hard. Not something I would ever order again. Also, because the restaurant is popular, the tables are close together and the room is VERY noisy.

Pros:

Servers were very good and the atmosphere was appropriate for the setting.

Cons:

Noisy. Not all of the food was worth the price. Not a consistent quality.

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

My boyfriend and I ate at Chefs de France for lunch on Wednesday December 5th which was excellent and not a “signature” two credit restaurant like Monsieur Paul of which we ate at on Tuesday December 4th for dinner and was horrible. It was cold out that morning on Wednesday December 5th and the hostess standing outside, while obviously cold, greeted everyone with a smile checking in. We had reservations that I made six months in advance online but they were letting in walk-ins with no reservations. The french onion soup is AMAZING! By the time I got done eating that I hardly had room for my entree which was Macaroni Gratin - similar to mac & cheese. Good service and beautiful restaurant.

Pros:

French onion soup, far superior to Monsieur Paul upstairs

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/24/2018

Service was a bit slow. Filet ordered as medium came out as rare. Braised beef was good, the baked macaroni was a bit dry.

Pros:

Taken on time for reservation.

Cons:

Extremely busy restaurant. Food just ok.

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 10/01/2018

Party of 5 ate here Labor Day weekend. This is a favorite of ours but this time found it disappointing. Ordered our usuals. French onion soup, steak and augratin potatoes. My husband always ordered a seafood dish and they took it off the menu. It took forever to get our food, it wasnt full. Our waiter seemed like he had other things to do as you could never find him. The food just wasnt the quality thst we were used to having. We probably will try somewhere else next and maybe revisit later. FYI on dining plan in the past was able to sub dessert for soup or salad was told cant do that anymore. Not sure if true or not

Pros:

French onion soup

Cons:

Wasnt up to quality this time

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

We love eating here my husband loves their salmon. We always end up talking to the waiter about what part of France they are from. We are from Wisconsin and a few want to be Chefs and wanted to visit our states cheese making facilities.

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

some of the food is very rich

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 09/30/2018

We only had dinner here once and it was certainly memorable. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and were lucky enough to be seated by a window so we could people watch while waiting for our food. My husband and I both had the beef bourguignon and it was delicious not to mention a huge portion. Our waiter was super friendly despite the language barriers between us but we understood each other perfectly.All in all we loved it. yes it's crowded and a bit loud but it's certainly a place we will go back to. Would highly recommend!

Pros:

Food and service and atmosphere! Everything!