Reviews of Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/chef-mickeys/breakfast

Read prices, menu items, and more about Chef Mickey's

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by bmdisney Review Date: 12/18/2014

We did not have a good experience partly because of our own mistake. Our party of six included 4 children ages 9, 7, 4 and a baby. I did not anticipate my 4 year old being terrified of the characters. My mistake! She is. It normally fearful (she rode Space Mountain later in the day) so I was not expecting her to be terrified of them. So, before sitting down for a meal with this price it would be good for you to know how children will fare. I know...I know...this mistake was on me. I was not quite prepared for the server's tip to be automatically added in. We were a party of 6 but one was a baby. I don't consider myself a cheapskate but $25 for a server who came to our table twice was steep. Food was decent, nothing outstanding. I was really looking forward to this meal as it was our first time but I was underwhelmed.

Pros:

Access to characters, location

Cons:

Automatically adding in tip for party of 6 that includes an infant

Reviewed by angiem0217 Review Date: 02/19/2014

We had ADR and waited about 15 minutes. The characters are great but the food is awful. Not worth the money you pay. We were on the dining plan, but if I had paid cash for this meal I would have been upset. If you want great characters and great food, go to Ohana character breakfast. It is so much better than this one.

Pros:

Characters

Reviewed by Imjustababyduck Review Date: 11/25/2013

We ate breakfast here on 11/9/13. They were quick to seat us and the service was good as well. The food was another story. We have been eating here for years. For the last few years, it has been for the characters (and not the food since the food has been in steady decline). It has the Fab 5, nattily dressed, making for great pics. After this trip, I think we may call it a day on this one. The choices on the buffet and the quality of the food have reached a level that has become unacceptable for what you pay. I found very little that was appetizing on the buffet and ate very little as a result. Our kids are getting older and pics with the characters are not as important to them anymore. We will probably look for better food and less characters in future trips to Disney.

Pros:

Characters

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 01/30/2013

This used to be a favorite character meal of ours, and we recently returned on our January 2013 trip. Unfortunately, the quality of food isn't what it used to be, and the time with the characters was very rushed.

I don't think we'll be returning to this restaurant. We've found character meals at other resorts that we prefer.

Pros:

Classic characters

Cons:

Quality of food

Reviewed by tink Review Date: 03/01/2019

Had a 7:25 reservation they took me at 7:10. I ate solo did not feel out of place.The only thing is there are no cast members with the characters to take your picture,a person at the next table offered to take my picture.A good variety of food, I especially liked the station where they had different toppings for the mickey waffles.I also liked walking to Magic Kingdom after breakfast.

Pros:

The fab 5 toppings for the mickey waffles walking to Magic Kingdom after breakfast

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We have been to Disney three times now with our three young kids and this is by far their favorite Disney restaurant of them all. Not only do you get to see all the big Disney characters without waiting in a line at the park (saving time!) but they have good food for adults with lots of kids favorites to keep everyone happy. We also have two kids with food allergies and the chef came right out to the table and provided each of them a meal they loved and made them feel special!

Pros:

See Disney Characters and interact with them Good food for all ages Great ice cream bar kids also loved the monorail trip into the hotel My kids are older now and we are planning another trip and this is the restaurant they all want to make sure we go to!

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

Chef Mickey's is the must-do first breakfast to set the mood of your trip. The food is always good, and the characters are great. Our most recent breakfast was the morning they moved over to the Convention Center to start a refurb on the restaurant. It was easy, and the Gang had more room to wander around. The only negative is how popular it is, meaning how challenging it can be to get a reservation.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Popularity

Reviewed by kellylsmith Review Date: 03/18/2017

This is our favorite place to eat at Disney. Interacting with the main Disney characters while you eat is the best. The only downside is 'rushing' to get your food from the buffet so you don't miss a character. Otherwise, the food is yummy and plentiful and varied. The pancakes were wonderful. The characters are FUN and always great to meet without having to wait in lines.
The atmosphere at the Contemporary is great with the monorail going through all the time.

Pros:

Characters, Setting, Food

Cons:

Rushed atmosphere

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/17/2016

Chef Mickey's is a must do on each trip. The food choices are wonderful and everything always tastes good. The characters do a great job of having fun with you. Highly recommend this place for breakfast!

Pros:

Character Interaction and Food

Cons:

—

Reviewed by Jamielyn09 Review Date: 11/12/2015

What a great place for breakfast. Our last visit (first week of November) we had a seat right by the window overlooking the Magic Kingdom. It was a great view. The oj is amazing as is all the breakfast food.

The atmosphere is also great! It's a great way to meet characters and not have to wait in line. You get to enjoy a great meal while you wait!

It does get a bit loud because it is a very popular place to eat but we don't even really notice because we are having a great time and enjoying great food.

This is a MUST for your Disney World trip!

Pros:

All-star character meet, great food, fresh squeezed oj

Cons:

NONE

Other topics in Contemporary