Reviews of Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/chef-mickeys/breakfast

Read prices, menu items, and more about Chef Mickey's

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by mbcarol5 Review Date: 10/21/2013

I was disappointed with this after I had heard such good things. It was so big you could only see the characters if they were close to your table. The food was just ok. I like the Chrystal Palace much better for breakfast.

Pros:

characters

Cons:

too big

Reviewed by bmdisney Review Date: 12/18/2014

We did not have a good experience partly because of our own mistake. Our party of six included 4 children ages 9, 7, 4 and a baby. I did not anticipate my 4 year old being terrified of the characters. My mistake! She is. It normally fearful (she rode Space Mountain later in the day) so I was not expecting her to be terrified of them. So, before sitting down for a meal with this price it would be good for you to know how children will fare. I know...I know...this mistake was on me. I was not quite prepared for the server's tip to be automatically added in. We were a party of 6 but one was a baby. I don't consider myself a cheapskate but $25 for a server who came to our table twice was steep. Food was decent, nothing outstanding. I was really looking forward to this meal as it was our first time but I was underwhelmed.

Pros:

Access to characters, location

Cons:

Automatically adding in tip for party of 6 that includes an infant

Reviewed by angiem0217 Review Date: 02/19/2014

We had ADR and waited about 15 minutes. The characters are great but the food is awful. Not worth the money you pay. We were on the dining plan, but if I had paid cash for this meal I would have been upset. If you want great characters and great food, go to Ohana character breakfast. It is so much better than this one.

Pros:

Characters

Reviewed by Imjustababyduck Review Date: 11/25/2013

We ate breakfast here on 11/9/13. They were quick to seat us and the service was good as well. The food was another story. We have been eating here for years. For the last few years, it has been for the characters (and not the food since the food has been in steady decline). It has the Fab 5, nattily dressed, making for great pics. After this trip, I think we may call it a day on this one. The choices on the buffet and the quality of the food have reached a level that has become unacceptable for what you pay. I found very little that was appetizing on the buffet and ate very little as a result. Our kids are getting older and pics with the characters are not as important to them anymore. We will probably look for better food and less characters in future trips to Disney.

Pros:

Characters

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 01/30/2013

This used to be a favorite character meal of ours, and we recently returned on our January 2013 trip. Unfortunately, the quality of food isn't what it used to be, and the time with the characters was very rushed.

I don't think we'll be returning to this restaurant. We've found character meals at other resorts that we prefer.

Pros:

Classic characters

Cons:

Quality of food

Reviewed by TiggerTrigger Review Date: 09/29/2013

Obviously, you are paying for the characters here, and we had excellent character interaction. We just felt the food was very average and didn't offer any distinctive breakfast items like other popular character breakfasts. Ex. Crystal Palace, 1900 PF, and Cape May all have more elevated food options among their offerings to make you feel like there's a bit more value in the meal. The service this time was really only so/so. It's not the worst we've ever had, but it also wasn't great... which bites since we were a party of 9 i.e. she was getting an 18% tip no matter how bad she was. I think we're going to give this one a rest on future trips.

Pros:

good characters, good location

Cons:

mediocre service

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 01/23/2013

The good, the characters were great. We dined here for my mom's birthday breakfast they sang to her.
The ok, the food, nothing special.
The bad, when we arrived we were told to wait in a seating area, never being told to have our photo taken. Having photo pass+ we wanted our photo. When I asked the server he indicated we could go back to get it done, but they normally take it before you eat. Ended up waiting 20 min to get the pic and have it produced.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

photos, food just ok

Reviewed by vinecliff Review Date: 04/23/2013

We did Chef Mickeys for breakfast on our last trip and we were not thrilled with the food. The food was the same food served at any resort food court on Disney property. One would think that for $120 for three breakfast buffets there would be a better selection. If you are wanting to meet characters Crystal Palace is a much better value.

Pros:

Characters and view

Cons:

Food is ok and expensive

Reviewed by disneyprincess1014 Review Date: 04/09/2013

We went to breakfast at Chef Mickey's to celebrate my son's birthday on our last trip. There were a number of items to choose from including the standards (eggs, bacon, etc) as well as Mickey waffles (caramel sauce on the side), cheese blintzes, breakfast pizza, cheesy potatoes, and quiches. The fruit selection was good also. The food was okay in quality but could be better- eggs were very runny and almost watery in the buffet line and the pancakes were rubbery. It's true that sitting on a buffet affects food but those eggs were awful looking. Crystal Palace has far better food for breakfast.

On the plus side the characters and server were fanstastic. Each character came around and gave the children special attention. Minnie went out of her way to be gentle and not scare the baby. All posed for a number of pictures. Our server was quick, efficient, and kept us posted about which characters were on their way. She also brought a cupcake for my son's birthday.

Pros:

Characters, service

Cons:

Food quality okay

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

Chef Mickey's is the must-do first breakfast to set the mood of your trip. The food is always good, and the characters are great. Our most recent breakfast was the morning they moved over to the Convention Center to start a refurb on the restaurant. It was easy, and the Gang had more room to wander around. The only negative is how popular it is, meaning how challenging it can be to get a reservation.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Popularity

Other topics in Contemporary