Reviews of Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner

All Ears® Review: http://allears.net/ae/issue374.htm

Read prices, menu items, and more about Cape May Cafe

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/17/2016

The food here (if you like seafood) is always delicious and the selection is wonderful. We really enjoyed everything we ate. Our experience was not as good this time because of our waitress. At one point she disappeared for 25 minutes. I had to leave early with my daughter who did not feel well and had to go find a manager to let them know my husband would be handling the bill once the server was found.

Pros:

Selection

Cons:

Wait staff

Reviewed by vandort Review Date: 09/13/2015

We always eat at Cape May because we love seafood and we have also had great service. We did enjoy eating our dinner, but we were ill afterwards. My DD, who doesn't eat seafood, was fine. Honestly, I am really disappointed. I expect to pay more for a Disney experience, but I expect the experience to also be better than other non-Disney locations. I know that seafood needs to managed carefully to stay good, but this restaurant can definitely do better.

Pros:

Great selection and atmosphere

Cons:

sick after meal

Reviewed by kw1411 Review Date: 08/10/2015

I'm not a huge fan of buffets but we had to try Cape May for the the Crab Legs. We dined here on 7/24. Our reservation was for 5:45 and we got seated right away. Our server was very slow to greet us to take our drink order and I don't think she smiled once or said more than 5 words. Our family focused on the crab legs and they were probably some of the best we've had!!! Hot, always full on the buffet and easy to open. The steamed clams were very good and we also had the strip loin, perfect medium rare! The calamari and fried clams were a little too salty. The kids enjoyed the mini-cupcakes for dessert. I can't say we tried too many other items as the crab legs were our main focus. We almost went back a second time during our 9 day stay. This will be a must do for all future trips!!!

Pros:

Excellent crab legs

Cons:

Slow server

Reviewed by disneyhardin Review Date: 01/02/2015

We had a 5:00 ADR and it was perfect. We checked in just as the restaurant was opening and they must seat the guests at a rate of one table per server and then start around again because we were our server's only table for the first 15 or so minutes of the meal. It was great to have such spot on service.

The buffet was very good. I especially liked the salads and soups. We mostly stuck to the seafood offerings, but there also plenty of things for a non-seafood lover. Everything was very good. We will be back.

Pros:

Great service

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 12/08/2014

We normally love the Cape May Cafe and it is a must do for us each time we go. This time we had a 45 minute wait to get seated w/ ADR. The food was good as always, but the server was just okay. It is a pricey meal unless you are on the meal plan (which we usually are). I highly recommend the food, but service could get better.

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Service was okay; wait time

Reviewed by disneyjill Review Date: 11/11/2014

I have been coming to Cape May Cafe for 20 years now and while it has changed some over the years, it's still a favorite. We ate here on 11/2. All items were refilled promptly, we had fresh crab legs every time we wanted them. The peel and eat shrimp are wonderful. The dessert selection has shrunk since my first trip here in 1994, but after all the crab legs and corn bread, who cares? Still lots of little yummies to choose from. Our server was attentive although drinks from the bar were slow, but not her fault. She apologized several times for that. We were so glad to be there after a horrible day of air travel, we weren't concerned with slow drinks. We arrived 30 minutes early and were seated after 5 minutes, which was not expected. We were fine to wait knowing we were early. My ONLY complaint is that we were seated next to a large party with several noisy kids. This isn't a quiet restaurant by any means--we knew that going in--but these kids were ill behaved noisy. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic spot, just know this isn't it. :)

Pros:

food, service

Cons:

noisy

Reviewed by SMReichert Review Date: 08/22/2014

Was seated 10 min after reservation time. Waiter was prompt and courteous. Plates were cleaned off quickly. Drinks were quickly refilled. Food was good for a buffet (I'm not a big buffet person) My picky 11 y/o son was happy with what he had.
Dessert was good. A good variety of miniature desserts.
Will definitely go there again. In fact, I love the resort!

Pros:

Best meal so far this trip; great service

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 06/02/2014

This was a 4th time eating at Cape May. Made a same day reservation on 05/31. Made the reservation at 4:45pm for 8:10pm. Arrived at about 7:10pm and got seated around 7:30pm. Food quality was good. Roast beef, salmon, pasta was all good. Buffet had limited selection. It's actually kind of small. I don't think the price of this buffet is worth it due to the limited selection. They have also scaled back the number of desserts being offered. It appears the scaling back of items is a standard Disney tactic lately. I dished out $120 before tip for 2 adults/2 kids.

Pros:

Good Quality

Cons:

limted selection and price

Reviewed by imondline Review Date: 06/01/2014

Food quality is consistent. Nice variety. Our most enjoyable meal. Price is a little high.

Pros:

Selection of food

Cons:

Desserts have been cheapened

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 05/30/2014

Service was great. The food was pretty good, but not great. You really have to eat a lot of the crab legs to get the value from this meal. It is very, very expensive. I don't think we will be back for dinner.

Other topics in Beach Club