Reviews of Candlelight Processional (Epcot)

A Disney tradition of over 30 years, the Candlelight Processional is a moving presentation of the Christmas story in readings by a celebrity narrator and music by a Mass choir and 50-piece orchestra. Included in your Epcot Admission. Event is free for stand-by seating or purchase a dinner package that includes general reserved seating.

Candlelight Processional FAQ: http://allears.net/tp/h_cpfaq.htm
Candlelight Program: http://allears.net/tp/hol_clight2.htm

Reviewed by newtloot Review Date: 12/16/2014

We attended on Dec. 2--Neil Patrick Harris did a great job narrating, and we loved the show. The choir was wonderful, and the orchestra was great--can't say enough good things about this experience, except.....
We ate at the Biergarten under the processional dining pkg., and to my surprise when we checked in at the hostess station, this was costing us 2 credits ea. from our dining plan. I may have missed this info somewhere, but it should be made more plain when making the reservation.
I have to say, looking back, I wished we had passed on the pkg. and just taken a place in the stand by line. We waited in our line for 2hr for the 8:15 show, and our 'reserved' section didn't seem all that much bigger than the seats for the stand bys, and their line was shorter when we first walked up.
All in all, the show is a must see. I just wouldn't purchase the pkg. again.

Pros:

The story of the birth of Christ, beautifully told, along with a wonderful orchestra, accompanied by a very talented choir.

Cons:

Purchasing the dining pkg. for reserved seating definitely not worth the price/wait in line.

Reviewed by dandnmom Review Date: 12/26/2013

The program is lovely - singers are talented, Trace Adkins did a nice job, gives good meaning to the real purpose of Christmas. Had a rather loooong line to get in but moved quickly (as part of the paid meal package). Paid package was a real time saver - saw others in stand by line waiting over 2hrs to get in... we only waited a short time. Only frustration was Disney split the theater- standby on one side and meal package on others... would have "felt better" if they had given the best seats to the meal packages up front (for what was $$ paid). Good to do if you have the $ and want to eat at one of the restaurants anyway but if watching money, just sit outside the pavilion and listen - that's the best part (You go for the music and reading -the singers and orchestra don't "do" anything - no dancing, etc)

Pros:

wonderful focus on the real meaning of Christmas

Cons:

those who were standby got just as good if not better seats

Reviewed by ajrob Review Date: 12/30/2014

First and foremost the Processional itself is a 10!

The way Disney seats you is the only downfall.

I participated in the diner package for reserved seats. Party of 3 dined in Itlay and paid top-dollar for lunch to avoid waiting in the "stand-by" line. Which by 11:15am was a long line already(World Showcase opens at 11am). So, ADR at 2pm for 5pm show..... come out of luch by 3:15 to see the "reserved seating" line is about a mile long. Ridiculous! I mean the line was past Morroco. Why do you think people get on the reserved line so early?? I found out firsthand that Disney allows the "stand-by" line to go into the theather at the same time as "reserved seating". Stupid! By the time the Processional started, ushers were still trying to find seats for "reserved seating" people. Families were broken up into different seating areas. That should not go on if you take the time to make ADR and pay the restaurant for your meal. On the dining plan it counts as 2 meals per person.

I'm glad I decided to get on that line early, I'm glad I had a nice seat for the show, but don't think I would go through the trouble again. Going to lunch(had to wait a bit for our ADR) then standing in that line for almost 2 hours took alot of time out of our day.

Again, the show is beautiful, the music, singing and Neil Patrick Harris as our host was wonderful.

Pros:

seats

Cons:

waiting in line

Reviewed by emjohnson03 Review Date: 12/20/2015

This was great! We were lucky because we didn't get in till right before show time! Everyone says to do a dining plan but we went on a Friday night and the first show. It may have been because the actress wasn't too popular but we got seats and enjoyed every second.

Highly recommend for the Christmas feel and the music was great.

Pros:

music, atmosphere

Other topics in Festival of Holidays - Candlelight Processional, MVMCP