Reviews of Candlelight Processional (Epcot)

A Disney tradition of over 30 years, the Candlelight Processional is a moving presentation of the Christmas story in readings by a celebrity narrator and music by a Mass choir and 50-piece orchestra. Included in your Epcot Admission. Event is free for stand-by seating or purchase a dinner package that includes general reserved seating.

Candlelight Processional FAQ: http://allears.net/tp/h_cpfaq.htm
Candlelight Program: http://allears.net/tp/hol_clight2.htm

Reviewer: kj831 Review Date: 12/12/2018

My review is honestly (to quote Buzz Lightyear) to infinity and beyond! Saw Bart Millard from Mercy Me, do his 2nd show (first being the 5:00 show) at 6:45 last night. It was as always AMAZING! Bart was wonderful, and you could see on his face just how much fun he was having, and how in awe he was. The singers and orchestra were perfect. Right before the show ended , Bart said his daughter told him \"You know Dad, there are a lot of famous people who get to narrate that show. Like John Stamos, Uncle Jesse from Full House. So who's narrating while we are there?\" Everyone erupted in laughter. This is simply the best thing Disney does.

Pros:

EVERYTHING

Cons:

nothing

Reviewer: BareNecessities Review Date: 09/27/2018

This is one of the ONLY reasons I'm willing to brave iffy weather with my vacation dollar (the other is the Christmas Illuminations show)! This presentation is for any and all music lovers. Well over 100 voices plus an orchestra! The vibrations from that much live music produces goose-bumps every.single.time! I've heard some incredible narrators, and some that were less-than-adequate public speakers. If you can, try for the show that starts once it's dark - the choir members processing into the venue with their candles - very very moving! We've attended with and without the dinner package seating. Always worth it, no matter what - with the closer seating from a dining package, it's even better! I especially appreciate the breakfast addition to dining package offerings from Epcot resorts. That works best for us, and really frees up the day until showtime!

Pros:

The best narrators.

Cons:

The worst narrators. Choose carefully.

Reviewer: kchappy84 Review Date: 12/10/2015

We attended the 5:00 show on December 2. Neil Patrick Harris was the moderator, and he was wonderful. I've read a lot of comments about the lines. We had a 2:30 reservation at Biergarten with the dinner package. After we ate, we walked down to the USA pavilion. People were already lined up - including people with the dinner package. The standby line is on one side of the theater, and people with the dinner package are on the other. We got in line at about 3:30. They let us into the theater at about 4, so it was a fairly short wait. The front rows are covered. It started pouring before the show started, so we were glad to stay dry. I don't believe they let the standby people into the theater until much closer to 5:00.
The show itself was fantastic. NPH was great, as were the singers and the choirs. It really got our group into the Christmas spirit. I highly recommend this event, but I would only ever do it with the Dinner Package. There was a horrible standby line.

Pros:

a wonderful experience

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 12/20/2014

We attended the 5pm Processional on 12/17. Chita Rivera narrated for us. We did have the dinner package. Joined the line at 4pm; my mom was in a scooter and decided to just stay in it for the show so we were directed to a special non-transfer line and were the fourth group there. They allowed the person in the scooter/wheelchair plus two others.

Our line was seated first and we had an excellent spot: close to the center of the theater and in the first row behind the VIP section. The show was beautiful, and can be enjoyed even by those who are not religious, like myself. All the performers do a fantastic job and are a joy to watch. Definitely a show to get you in the Christmas spirit!

Pros:

Beautiful, uplifting show

Reviewer: jdetrick Review Date: 12/13/2014

Amazing! We saw Levar Burton, who was the best narrator I've ever seen. The choir and orchestra were as exceptional as always. One of the gems of the World.

Reviewer: Disney Ranlin Review Date: 12/07/2014

We went to the 12/4/14 show. We had a dining package, so we were able to get some good seats. The singing was incredible and the narrator did an amazing job. We will definitely see this again and it was well worth the cost of the dining package and the long wait to get in. I recommend everyone see this show.

Pros:

The music and Christmas Story.

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/08/2014

This is our third year attending the processional. James Denton was our narrator and he was really good, but the star of the show if the music. It is just so beautiful and moving. Waiting to get my tickets for next year!

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Show is a MUST do for the holidays! Try to book for a time when the celebrity narrator is someone you are interested in. My oldest has performed 4 years and the show is so amazing. Neil Patrick Harris, woman that voices Ariel, and Whoopi have been her favorite narrators. NPH is her number one, for sure. I liked Trace Adkins though she found him too monotone. But the deep traditional southern voices just fit for me. It is the traditional religious Christmas story with orchestra and chorus. The center chorus are employed by Disney and sides are church/community/school choral groups that advanced through the audition process to qualify so everyone is AMAZING! That said, they have totally changed how they seat the venue so the stand by line is not a good plan unless you want to wait hours and don't care which show you see for the day. We have parents that don't get in to the show their child is performing in (the 5:00 performers are often different than the 6:30 performers etc so let as many school groups have a shot to get in.) Now you more of less must do the Dining Package to get a guaranteed seat at the show of your choice. Those people are all loaded into the venue first and IF there are open seats, then they move to stand by line. One show probably only 100 got in from stand by and there were hundreds of hopefuls. The dining isn't like just a few reserved rows - they will sell out the theater to dining if enough people book. But if in EPCOT, why not dinner and a show? Eating there is part of the charm. And the show has a celebrity narrator, fabulous orchestra, and amazing singers. Definitely puts you in a holiday mood if you connect to the Christian Christmas celebration.

Pros:

Amazingly done! Celerity narrator!

Cons:

Don't count on standby line - book a Dining Package to be sure to get in.

Reviewer: newtloot Review Date: 12/16/2014

We attended on Dec. 2--Neil Patrick Harris did a great job narrating, and we loved the show. The choir was wonderful, and the orchestra was great--can't say enough good things about this experience, except.....
We ate at the Biergarten under the processional dining pkg., and to my surprise when we checked in at the hostess station, this was costing us 2 credits ea. from our dining plan. I may have missed this info somewhere, but it should be made more plain when making the reservation.
I have to say, looking back, I wished we had passed on the pkg. and just taken a place in the stand by line. We waited in our line for 2hr for the 8:15 show, and our 'reserved' section didn't seem all that much bigger than the seats for the stand bys, and their line was shorter when we first walked up.
All in all, the show is a must see. I just wouldn't purchase the pkg. again.

Pros:

The story of the birth of Christ, beautifully told, along with a wonderful orchestra, accompanied by a very talented choir.

Cons:

Purchasing the dining pkg. for reserved seating definitely not worth the price/wait in line.

Reviewer: dandnmom Review Date: 12/26/2013

The program is lovely - singers are talented, Trace Adkins did a nice job, gives good meaning to the real purpose of Christmas. Had a rather loooong line to get in but moved quickly (as part of the paid meal package). Paid package was a real time saver - saw others in stand by line waiting over 2hrs to get in... we only waited a short time. Only frustration was Disney split the theater- standby on one side and meal package on others... would have "felt better" if they had given the best seats to the meal packages up front (for what was $$ paid). Good to do if you have the $ and want to eat at one of the restaurants anyway but if watching money, just sit outside the pavilion and listen - that's the best part (You go for the music and reading -the singers and orchestra don't "do" anything - no dancing, etc)

Pros:

wonderful focus on the real meaning of Christmas

Cons:

those who were standby got just as good if not better seats