Reviews of Candlelight Processional (Epcot)

A Disney tradition of over 30 years, the Candlelight Processional is a moving presentation of the Christmas story in readings by a celebrity narrator and music by a Mass choir and 50-piece orchestra. Included in your Epcot Admission. Event is free for stand-by seating or purchase a dinner package that includes general reserved seating.

Candlelight Processional FAQ: http://allears.net/tp/h_cpfaq.htm
Candlelight Program: http://allears.net/tp/hol_clight2.htm

Reviewed by Dee519 Review Date: 06/17/2019

This is the most amazing production on property. It is so beautiful and moving. What you see and/or hear is so amazing. The orchestra, the conductor, the trumpets, the Voices of Liberty, the choirs with kids from all over and the narrator are ALWAYS FABULOUS. I love this show!!!!!

Pros:

Everything about it

Cons:

can't always get in to sit and be surrounded by the show

Reviewed by Tink1027 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Everyone's favorite, the telling of the Christmas story. There is nothing to dislike about this show. The music, castmemebers, narrators are all wonderful. It is such an incredible preformance, it give me chills. I would suggest the dining package so you can get seats early and in the reserved area. A have to a Christmas time. LOVE IT

Reviewed by kj831 Review Date: 12/12/2018

My review is honestly (to quote Buzz Lightyear) to infinity and beyond! Saw Bart Millard from Mercy Me, do his 2nd show (first being the 5:00 show) at 6:45 last night. It was as always AMAZING! Bart was wonderful, and you could see on his face just how much fun he was having, and how in awe he was. The singers and orchestra were perfect. Right before the show ended , Bart said his daughter told him \"You know Dad, there are a lot of famous people who get to narrate that show. Like John Stamos, Uncle Jesse from Full House. So who's narrating while we are there?\" Everyone erupted in laughter. This is simply the best thing Disney does.

Pros:

EVERYTHING

Cons:

nothing

Reviewed by BareNecessities Review Date: 09/27/2018

This is one of the ONLY reasons I'm willing to brave iffy weather with my vacation dollar (the other is the Christmas Illuminations show)! This presentation is for any and all music lovers. Well over 100 voices plus an orchestra! The vibrations from that much live music produces goose-bumps every.single.time! I've heard some incredible narrators, and some that were less-than-adequate public speakers. If you can, try for the show that starts once it's dark - the choir members processing into the venue with their candles - very very moving! We've attended with and without the dinner package seating. Always worth it, no matter what - with the closer seating from a dining package, it's even better! I especially appreciate the breakfast addition to dining package offerings from Epcot resorts. That works best for us, and really frees up the day until showtime!

Pros:

The best narrators.

Cons:

The worst narrators. Choose carefully.

Reviewed by kchappy84 Review Date: 12/10/2015

We attended the 5:00 show on December 2. Neil Patrick Harris was the moderator, and he was wonderful. I've read a lot of comments about the lines. We had a 2:30 reservation at Biergarten with the dinner package. After we ate, we walked down to the USA pavilion. People were already lined up - including people with the dinner package. The standby line is on one side of the theater, and people with the dinner package are on the other. We got in line at about 3:30. They let us into the theater at about 4, so it was a fairly short wait. The front rows are covered. It started pouring before the show started, so we were glad to stay dry. I don't believe they let the standby people into the theater until much closer to 5:00.
The show itself was fantastic. NPH was great, as were the singers and the choirs. It really got our group into the Christmas spirit. I highly recommend this event, but I would only ever do it with the Dinner Package. There was a horrible standby line.

Pros:

a wonderful experience

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 12/20/2014

We attended the 5pm Processional on 12/17. Chita Rivera narrated for us. We did have the dinner package. Joined the line at 4pm; my mom was in a scooter and decided to just stay in it for the show so we were directed to a special non-transfer line and were the fourth group there. They allowed the person in the scooter/wheelchair plus two others.

Our line was seated first and we had an excellent spot: close to the center of the theater and in the first row behind the VIP section. The show was beautiful, and can be enjoyed even by those who are not religious, like myself. All the performers do a fantastic job and are a joy to watch. Definitely a show to get you in the Christmas spirit!

Pros:

Beautiful, uplifting show

Reviewed by jdetrick Review Date: 12/13/2014

Amazing! We saw Levar Burton, who was the best narrator I've ever seen. The choir and orchestra were as exceptional as always. One of the gems of the World.

Reviewed by Disney Ranlin Review Date: 12/07/2014

We went to the 12/4/14 show. We had a dining package, so we were able to get some good seats. The singing was incredible and the narrator did an amazing job. We will definitely see this again and it was well worth the cost of the dining package and the long wait to get in. I recommend everyone see this show.

Pros:

The music and Christmas Story.

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 01/08/2014

This is our third year attending the processional. James Denton was our narrator and he was really good, but the star of the show if the music. It is just so beautiful and moving. Waiting to get my tickets for next year!

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Show is a MUST do for the holidays! Try to book for a time when the celebrity narrator is someone you are interested in. My oldest has performed 4 years and the show is so amazing. Neil Patrick Harris, woman that voices Ariel, and Whoopi have been her favorite narrators. NPH is her number one, for sure. I liked Trace Adkins though she found him too monotone. But the deep traditional southern voices just fit for me. It is the traditional religious Christmas story with orchestra and chorus. The center chorus are employed by Disney and sides are church/community/school choral groups that advanced through the audition process to qualify so everyone is AMAZING! That said, they have totally changed how they seat the venue so the stand by line is not a good plan unless you want to wait hours and don't care which show you see for the day. We have parents that don't get in to the show their child is performing in (the 5:00 performers are often different than the 6:30 performers etc so let as many school groups have a shot to get in.) Now you more of less must do the Dining Package to get a guaranteed seat at the show of your choice. Those people are all loaded into the venue first and IF there are open seats, then they move to stand by line. One show probably only 100 got in from stand by and there were hundreds of hopefuls. The dining isn't like just a few reserved rows - they will sell out the theater to dining if enough people book. But if in EPCOT, why not dinner and a show? Eating there is part of the charm. And the show has a celebrity narrator, fabulous orchestra, and amazing singers. Definitely puts you in a holiday mood if you connect to the Christian Christmas celebration.

Pros:

Amazingly done! Celerity narrator!

Cons:

Don't count on standby line - book a Dining Package to be sure to get in.

Other topics in Festival of Holidays - Candlelight Processional, MVMCP