Reviews of California Grill

View Menus at California Grill Dining Location

Children's Dinner Menu

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Asian
Full Service

Explore the California Grill Dining Location: http://allears.net/dining/location/california-grill

Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/dinner

Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/child-dinner

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 01/23/2017

I come here on every trip. This is the first time I've felt slightly let down, but that's only in comparison to what I've experienced in the past. This food was very good, but I've had several great meals in the past here.

Pros:

Very good food, wonderful view

Cons:

No longer great food

Reviewed by Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

We dined at the California Grill on September 14, 2016, for our anniversary. This was our second visit and the first since the renovations. Both times were seated in a back corner room by the window. So we were not in the main dining room with a view of the Magic Kingdom. However, it was quiet and romantic, and the view from our table was of the fireworks from Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I prefer it to the open, main dining room. We walked out on the top for a view of Wishes.

The renovations have updated the color and lighting, but overall nothing too noticeable. It is still a wonderful, upscale restaurant with the menu to match.

We started with the Spicy Kazan Roll, which was a large portion and the spicy sauce in the middle was to die for! It was almost a meal in itself. My husband enjoyed the swordfish, but my pork was the best. I had never had lacquered belly before (it needs a new name lol), but it was my favorite part. Fork-tender and flavorful.

Excellent service as before and we didn't wait long for our table even though we arrived early for our reservation. It was a very memorable meal.

Pros:

Food with a View

Reviewed by DePasquale Review Date: 07/04/2016

Our excellent server made us feel very welcome and seamlessly paced our meal to coordinate with the fireworks show. A very special overall experience.

Pros:

Very welcoming and accommodating

Cons:

Actually, none

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 05/20/2016

CG is a must-do for every trip. This time a slight disappointment as my filet was just a bit overcooked, closer to medium than the medium-rare I ordered. Server offered to take it back, but I declined. It was still delicious, and my wife's chicken entree was perhaps the best chicken dish I've ever tasted. Fritters for dessert were also amazing.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

Filet slightly overcooked

Reviewed by disney 522 Review Date: 03/02/2016

The first word that comes to mind is disappointed - we first ate here 2 years ago and i have been dying to return - i was so excited this time when we were able to fit it in to our trip - however, i will not make another reservation here - first of all, the dress code policy applies to no one! There were the sloppiest looking people eating there - i know we are on vacation and busy all day but i did like the fact that we could have one night of getting dressed nicely(khakis) and have a Nice dinner atmosphere - then the food was not nearly as good as i remember - it was no better than any other higher scale chain restaurant - i did like the new decor and we had a wonderful view of the fireworks but really if i was not on the dining plan i would have been upset for the amount i would have paid for a just ok meal

Pros:

Great atmosphere

Cons:

Not as good as previous

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/11/2015

We had another great meal at the California Grill. We also had had a great view of Magic Kingdom.

It is a little pricey, but I would recommend eating here to anyone.

Pros:

Great Food and service

Reviewed by Billjo6 Review Date: 10/22/2015

California Grill has always been one our favorite places to eat when we visit Disneyworld. The food is outstanding and the service has always been top notch. We know this restaurant has become popular with families because of the dining plan. As a result, the atmosphere in the restaurant has changed over the years. But, after our experience at the California Grill last night we our eliminating it as a stop on future Disney visits. We requested to be seated in the Wine room as it always seemed to be a quiet haven inside the restaurant. As we entered the room we were nearly knocked down by two young children having a race around the table. The hostess had to ask the parents to have their children take their seats. We were seated next to a family with two older children who appeared to be behaving appropriately for their age and surroundings. As usual, the service was outstanding and the food was fantastic. Everything was going great until the two children at the table next to us decided to have a burping contest. The took turns seeing who could burp the loudest. Both parents were on their phones and appeared to be oblivious of their children's behavior. The contest ended when their server brought the check to the table. The parents never intervened.
When you visit a restaurant of this caliber and expense you have certain expectation about the experience. If you like great food, service and views California Grill is the peace to go. But, be aware of what else may come with this experience. After last night, we will be spending our dining dollars elsewhere.

Pros:

Food, service, view

Cons:

Uncontrolled children

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 10/01/2015

Had dinner here Sept 14. CG never disappoints, Food was outstanding and service was as well. The whole fireworks aspect just makes it a must-do every trip. And I want to point out that this time, there were a couple tables nearby with small children who were actually very well behaved! (I've read complaints about loud children at such a nice restaurant, and I've had that complaint myself, so I figured it's only fair to point out the good as well as the bad.)

Pros:

Food, service, atmosphere

Reviewed by clayalex02 Review Date: 09/08/2015

My sister and I ate here on August 31 and we very much enjoyed the meal after having to reject the first table we were offered. They tried to seat us at the very first table in the restaurant, not sure why there is even a table there as it is in the middle of traffic and would have been horrific. Our next table was in the very back of the restaurant in what looked like an addition. We could not see the Magic Kingdom but could see Epcot and Hollywood Studios, unfortunately by the time we were seated the fireworks for both were over. Ordered cocktails off the menu, both were very good, but the names escape me now. The waiter was very personable and we liked him, even though he thought we were a couple and tried to give us ambiance with the candles. We started off with the Dragon Roll, which was yummy! I ordered the pork two ways, which I thought was very well done and enjoyed it very much. Sister had a filet which she also enjoyed. For dessert, I ordered the breadpudding, which was not bread pudding and was not even the cobbler that the waiter tried to say it was. Not good! So I helped Sister eat her fritters which were warm and doughy pillows of goodness. The only disappointment of the night was that we were in the middle of eating when the fireworks show started which we went to watch and our food was left out on the table. We saw others that had been covered.

Pros:

food, view

Reviewed by Sparrow Review Date: 08/29/2015

Party of 9 celebrated my birthday on August 8, 2015 at California Grill. Service was wonderful - food was excellent. Everyone in the party enjoyed the meal.
They brought a small birthday cake to the table and then sliced it into 9 pieces for everyone - no charge. We each had already ordered desserts which were delicious.
The view outside was really nice and we all enjoyed the night breeze and views.
I don't have one negative thing to say about this restaurant. Service, food, wine - everything was exceptional and I really enjoyed my birthday dinner.

Pros:

Service and food great

Other topics in Contemporary