Reviews of California Grill

View Menus at California Grill Dining Location

Children's Dinner Menu

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Asian
Full Service

Explore the California Grill Dining Location: http://allears.net/dining/location/california-grill

Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/dinner

Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/child-dinner

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 04/11/2018

I have now had dinner here twice and brunch here once, with 2 more reservations coming up in June and October. This place is the best for a first class meal and top shelf wine and cocktails. Firework viewing after dinner is also a huge plus!!!

Pros:

Decor and Food

Reviewed by Aimee McCann Review Date: 12/20/2017

The hostess took my cell number but we never received a text. It took awhile for the hostess to find us as they did not announce names. But we were seated next to the window with a great view of the castle MVMCP fireworks. Our waitress, Wendi, was able to answer all questions about the menu well and gave her recommendations which we found spot-on. The oysters, filet and scallops were delicious. We've eaten at CA Grill 3 other times and this visit will not be our last. Had a great time and were not rushed. Wendi gave us time to watch the fireworks, but was attentive to refilling drinks and bread during that time.

Pros:

Quality and quantity of food. Wait staff excellent. View of fireworks

Cons:

noise

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 11/03/2017

California Grill is a must-do for every trip for us, and this time, with friends, and the Halloween fireworks, it lived up to its reputation. Food was amazing, and service is always superb. Can't beat the view or the atmosphere. Only negative is that it wasn't quite as good as Jiko was the night before, which isn't a negative at all. This one shall remain on the list for every trip.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

Not as good as Jiko

Reviewed by disneyhardin Review Date: 10/27/2017

This was our first time eating at California Grill. Our ADR was for 8:55, but we checked in and were seated a little early.

When we walked off the elevator into the restaurant, I was very surprised at how loud and bustling the place was. We still had a wonderful dinner, but if you are looking for a quiet "date night" sort of restaurant, this is not it.

We were seated and had our appetizers just before the fireworks. Right at 9:00, we went out on the balcony and watched. It was an amazing view - the music is piped in nice and loud.

Our server was fantastic and our food was very good. For appetizers we had Oysters Rockefeller and the Goat Cheese Ravioli. They were both very good. For our entrees we had 2 different steaks. They were both prepared very well and the mashed potatoes were very good. For our deserts we had the chocolate cake and the beignets. All our food was excellent.

Pros:

Fireworks View is Spectacular

Cons:

Restaurant is very loud

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/28/2017

This was our first time dining here and we cannot wait to return. We were so lucky to be seated at the window, although it looked like you would have a great view no matter where you sat.

I am still dreaming about the steak I had and everyone else loved their food. Watching the fireworks while enjoying your dessert was such an awesome and unique experience with the music being piped in.

It was very pricey, but well worth the splurge for the very unique and memorable experience. Would love to do it again someday.

Reviewed by Prenjkt Review Date: 07/04/2017

Had dinner there June 29 for the first time after going to WDW for so many years. Totally worth it. Fabulous atmosphere and great service. Food was delicious and presentation very nice. The fireworks from the observation deck was very good. A real treat. Going back in July!!!

Reviewed by Collette Review Date: 06/30/2017

This was our first visit to the renovated space, and we weren't very impressed. Too many tables forced one of a couple to have their back to the windows, instead of the tables for two being parallel to the wall of windows so both people can see out. The bartender brought us the wrong wine-by-the-glass. The menu is shorter and seems narrow; I wish there would have been a wider array of choices.

Pros:

Good food, wine selection

Cons:

Bleh decor, price

Reviewed by obxgoer Review Date: 05/09/2017

This was my first time at CG. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and at ease. Our waiter was attentive and had recommendations that were spot on. My salad bar tomato meringue which may sound weird but was delicious. This was hands down one of the best salads I have ever had. I could eat this every day for the rest of my life and be happy. The beef filet and risotto likewise tasty. My daughter had sushi and goat cheese ravioli and was very pleased. It was busy but no one was disruptive.

Pros:

Beautiful setting, delicious food

Reviewed by mharder Review Date: 03/06/2017

My wife and I ate at California Grill on February 27, 2017. We are repeat diners there, and this was probably our fifth or sixth visit. We were taking friends there for their first time.

As with all of our prior visits, we very much enjoyed it. We had a great table next to the window, where we could watch the sunset and the fireworks.

Our waiter gave us just the right amount of attention. Attentive but with discretion. He was very helpful when it came to selecting a wine and his recommendation was spot on.

My wife and I each had the filet and it was cooked perfectly. Our dinner companions also told us their meals (pork tenderloin and yellow fin tuna) were excellent.

Definitely going back!

Pros:

Food, wine, service, view

Reviewed by tiggeress Review Date: 02/07/2017

I don't know about the reviews that say the food isn't as good as it was previously, since our food was as wonderful as it has always been.

Our server was the best of our trip, gracious, pleasant, efficient, and thoughtful (she brought my drink outside to me unrequested because she thought I would probably want it). I hate when servers approach the table talking, interrupting conversation, and she never did this. Our meal was perfectly timed and orchestrated.

My only, fairly minor, complaint is the restaurant not enforcing its own rules of attire. This is a fancy restaurant, that people pay a lot of money for and plan far in advance for reservations to eat here. There should never be people at the next table in shorts, t-shirts, flipflops and mouse ears (yes, all 7 people). They should be required either change their dress, or be put in a separate room with all the other people who don't want to follow the rules.

Even so, we loved it. This dinner, along with their brunch, were by far the best meal experiences of our trip.

Pros:

As Wonderful As You've Heard

Cons:

People Not Dressing As Required

Other topics in Contemporary