Reviews of Cabanas - Casual Dining

Located on deck eleven, the theme of the restaurant is meant to evoke images of a California beach, complete with palm trees, Adirondack-style chairs, tables topped with seashells, and decorative surf boards. The dining room has a very light, open, airy feel with large windows allowing in plenty of natural sunlight and showcases beautiful views of the ocean below.

Cabins serves "buffet" breakfast and lunch and a casual full service (limited menu) dinner.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

great selection and very good

Pros:

fast and good

Cons:

crowed and noisy

Reviewer: mamandragon Review Date: 11/01/2017

The food and atmosphere of the area is amazing. With all the people on board it never felt crowded. It was great to eat there and look out the windows at the scenery. Food was terrific. The buffet was well presented and lots of choice. The wait staff were great and very attentive.

Pros:

Great Experience

Reviewer: Elaine Hammond Review Date: 06/01/2016

We love Cabanas. they have an excellent selection for everyone. The food is always hot and fresh.

We especially like breakfast and sitting out on the deck if it's not too windy.

Next cruise we might try their table service for dinner since sometimes you don't want a "fancy" meal.

Pros:

Fantastic selection

Reviewer: Bobdes Review Date: 05/26/2016

First off, the there was nothing that I ate at Cabanas that I didn't like. All of the food was great during breakfast and lunch. We sat outside and enjoyed the breeze. So nice.

The only thing I don't understand is that the bottom of the 'U" shape of the actual buffet, there is different food and we ended up stumbling upon it. It would have been nice if workers informed folks of what was available. For example... you pass all of the eggs (scrambled, benedict, etc.) in the beginning of the buffet, then when you pass the fruit and Danish, which is typically the end, there was a section with Fried Eggs, Omelets and Minute Steaks!? Weird set-up!

The only thing to ruin the serenity of enjoying your breakfast out on the deck of the ship overlooking the ocean was the screaming of misbehaved kids and their parents doing nothing to curtail their behavior.
perhaps, they should make a small buffet up on the adults only deck? Hmmm...?

I know this is a DISNEY ship, but it is NOT Disneyworld. ;-)

Pros:

Great Selection!

Cons:

misbehaved kids...sorry.

Reviewer: shannie0615 Review Date: 09/16/2013

I just got home from my cruise today. Cabanas had a poor layout. There really needs to be extended he's for breakfast & dinner, as the ship is packed and tries to cram too many people in one place, thus making seating an issue. We went to cabanas for dinner at 730pm on the last night, after Disney Believe show, to find it closed. The only food available to eat was hamburger, hotdog, or chicken tenders....very disappointed. Carnival Cruise lines have buffets up until 11pm or so most nights. Perhaps DCL should consider a 24 hr pizzeria & sandwich option. Room service leaves few choices as well. Breakfast at cabanas has great potatoes; hash browns were overcooked/very crunchy; scrambled eggs were too runny; Mexican breakfast wrap was best thing I ate during the whole cruise. Overall, in comparison to CCL, the food on DCL leaves a lot to be desired. Even in the dining room at night, the serving portions seem like they wouldn't satisfy a 3 year old. On Castaway Cay, my bun on my spicy chicken sandwich was so hard, i could crush it with my thumb; i had to take off the top portion of my sandwich, just to eat it, as I wasn't going to stand back in the super long line. And seating for lunch on Castaway Cay really was awful...felt like a school kid on a field trip. I'm not sure I would sail DCL again.

The soft drinks are free, but the cups are too small...and the cups at breakfast are even smaller!! There is also a need for more beverage stations outside, esp near the 18+ pool & at the pizza/hamburger area.

Pros:

some food was good

Cons:

need extended hrs

Reviewer: fluffy30 Review Date: 09/08/2013

We had our first lunch on board and one breakfast here during our 3-day cruise and found the food to be good. There was a great selection and some of our favourites were lamb chop and peel and eat shrimp. There was also great selection of fresh fruit. There is both indoor and outdoor seating though securing a table can be difficult.

Pros:

Great variety

Cons:

Can get a little hectic

Reviewer: mickeymom5 Review Date: 04/07/2013

We ate every lunch and breakfast here every day. The food was excellent. We were on our cruise on Easter weekend. Even though the ship was full, it didn't feel that crowded. They encourage you to just go where you want and not follow a line...I am a teacher so this goes against everything I am used to...but it was never a problem. We drink Coca-Cola for breakfast and there were only small juice cups to use...we had to make many trips back for refills!

Pros:

yummy breakfast

Cons:

small cups at breakfast