Reviews of Brown Derby Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Hollywood Brown Derby Dining Location

Read more about Brown Derby including links to the menus here:

Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by Elaine Review Date: 06/12/2019

We always try to eat here on our visits to WDW. We chose lunch this time and overall it was great. Have to make a reservation though. They do take walk-ins, but why waste that time when you can be spending time riding the rides!

Pros:

Great food and drinks. They do have and outside bar seating area which is first come, first served which is nice but can be hot at high noon.

Cons:

A bit overpriced, but I always find the food quite good.

Reviewed by LouO Review Date: 04/29/2019

Choices on menu are bit elevated (compared to other places to eat in the park); however the served food was was a bit disappointing compared to all the hype I have heard about the place.

Pros:

Limited menu (possibly to some)

Cons:

Limited menu (possibly to some) Food was lackluster (compared hype about the place) Children might not enjoy it

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/20/2019

Actually about the Brown Derby Lounge - outside. This was an amazing lunch, views of the star wars show, amazing sliders and a margarita flight.

Pros:

Great food, great location,good prices - for Disney or anywhere.

Cons:

No ADR, limited seating, outside - so weather could be an issue.

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Great cobb salad

Pros:

fun phone calls

Cons:

price

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We used to enjoy eating here but since they changed to the lunch/dinner menu it is not as good. There used to be several items on the menu that we liked but did not like the salmon we both had this last time.

Pros:

decor of the eating area good service

Cons:

price quality of the food

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

The food is higher end but very expensive. Not a place to go unless you have $ to burn and want to have a more "high end" dining experience from a service side. The food is good, but overpriced. Feel like kids are welcome here almost based on the atmosphere. Can do dining with an engineering (I never have) or the Fantastic dining package for a fixed price (I have done this).

Pros:

Good service

Cons:

Signature dining ($$$ or 2 dining credits) with small portions and bland theme

Reviewed by MarLieb Review Date: 09/27/2018

After being disappointed in all of the other Hollywood Studios restaurants, Hollywood Brown Derby has become our go-to when in the park and it never disappoints. The service and food are always excellent. As a special treat, my son ordered the kobe beef this time around and he was not disappointed!

Pros:

Food, service, fun old-Hollywood atmosphere

Reviewed by elainep Review Date: 09/15/2018

After a LONG morning at Hollywood Studios on Tuesday, July 3rd (got there before 6:30 a.m.to fully experience the new Toy Story Land), I checked in at the podium at the Brown Derby shortly before my 12:10 ADR time. I was seated within minutes. I always enjoy walking down the stairs into this dining room—it’s a weird departure from theme park into old Hollywood. I was seated at a table for 2 at the upper level which is always good—you get a nice view of the entire dining room. I always get the same thing here for lunch: the andouille-crusted chicken breast sandwich with roasted potatoes instead of slaw. I am so glad they started offering lunchtime sandwich options. I can’t stand the combined lunch/dinner menus that seem to be the standard at many of the WDW sit-down restaurants these days--who wants to pay $40-50 for lunch? And, eat a full, heavy meal? Anyway, this meal did not disappoint. My only complaint is that they no longer offer Fess Parker chardonnay by the glass. Ramey was fine, but I’ve always enjoyed the nod to former Disney film stars.

Pros:

Old Hollywood atmosphere

Cons:

Same menu for lunch and dinner

Reviewed by JessicaBonnell Review Date: 02/13/2018

We ate here for lunch at the end of January. We had a reservation time of noon, which is when they open, so no wait at all. We are the first people seated and had the whole place to ourselves for awhile! The atmosphere is great and our server, Justin, was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and I heard him speaking with the people next to us about a food allergy. He was very professional.
The food was good...not great. I was really excited for the Cobb salad, but it was just okay. I wouldn't get it again. My husband had the burger and really liked it. My 8 year old had the hot dog. It was a hot dog.
We had the dessert trio of grapefruit cake, lemon cheesecake, and blueberry cobbler. They were all good. (not great)
I enjoyed going, to say I went. But, I would have been irritated to use one dining credit(we weren't on DDP)...let alone TWO!!!

Pros:

atmosphere, server, presentation

Cons:

average food

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 01/03/2018

We had a dinner reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby at 6:30 on Thanksgiving evening. We finally were seated and had menus in our hands at 8:35! When our entrees arrived, the restaurant was in the process of closing and tables were being set up for the following day. The food was not awful, but certainly not worth 2 Dining Plan credits or a 2 hour wait, which meant that we also missed Fantasmic. The manager on duty was unsympathetic, did not offer any compensation for missing Fantasmic (we had FastPasses, as did the many people around us who were also being told that seating was running 2 hours behind). I had the cioppino, which was just plain weird. It was lukewarm and what I suspect was meant to be broth was congealed at the bottom of the bowl. Only the grapefruit cake was worth eating. We won't be going back.

Pros:

Not many

Cons:

Extremely slow, food not up to usual standards

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios