Reviews of Brown Derby Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Hollywood Brown Derby Dining Location

Read more about Brown Derby including links to the menus here:

Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We used to enjoy eating here but since they changed to the lunch/dinner menu it is not as good. There used to be several items on the menu that we liked but did not like the salmon we both had this last time.

Pros:

decor of the eating area good service

Cons:

price quality of the food

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

The food is higher end but very expensive. Not a place to go unless you have $ to burn and want to have a more "high end" dining experience from a service side. The food is good, but overpriced. Feel like kids are welcome here almost based on the atmosphere. Can do dining with an engineering (I never have) or the Fantastic dining package for a fixed price (I have done this).

Pros:

Good service

Cons:

Signature dining ($$$ or 2 dining credits) with small portions and bland theme

Reviewer: MarLieb Review Date: 09/27/2018

After being disappointed in all of the other Hollywood Studios restaurants, Hollywood Brown Derby has become our go-to when in the park and it never disappoints. The service and food are always excellent. As a special treat, my son ordered the kobe beef this time around and he was not disappointed!

Pros:

Food, service, fun old-Hollywood atmosphere

Reviewer: elainep Review Date: 09/15/2018

After a LONG morning at Hollywood Studios on Tuesday, July 3rd (got there before 6:30 a.m.to fully experience the new Toy Story Land), I checked in at the podium at the Brown Derby shortly before my 12:10 ADR time. I was seated within minutes. I always enjoy walking down the stairs into this dining room—it’s a weird departure from theme park into old Hollywood. I was seated at a table for 2 at the upper level which is always good—you get a nice view of the entire dining room. I always get the same thing here for lunch: the andouille-crusted chicken breast sandwich with roasted potatoes instead of slaw. I am so glad they started offering lunchtime sandwich options. I can’t stand the combined lunch/dinner menus that seem to be the standard at many of the WDW sit-down restaurants these days--who wants to pay $40-50 for lunch? And, eat a full, heavy meal? Anyway, this meal did not disappoint. My only complaint is that they no longer offer Fess Parker chardonnay by the glass. Ramey was fine, but I’ve always enjoyed the nod to former Disney film stars.

Pros:

Old Hollywood atmosphere

Cons:

Same menu for lunch and dinner

Reviewer: JessicaBonnell Review Date: 02/13/2018

We ate here for lunch at the end of January. We had a reservation time of noon, which is when they open, so no wait at all. We are the first people seated and had the whole place to ourselves for awhile! The atmosphere is great and our server, Justin, was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and I heard him speaking with the people next to us about a food allergy. He was very professional.
The food was good...not great. I was really excited for the Cobb salad, but it was just okay. I wouldn't get it again. My husband had the burger and really liked it. My 8 year old had the hot dog. It was a hot dog.
We had the dessert trio of grapefruit cake, lemon cheesecake, and blueberry cobbler. They were all good. (not great)
I enjoyed going, to say I went. But, I would have been irritated to use one dining credit(we weren't on DDP)...let alone TWO!!!

Pros:

atmosphere, server, presentation

Cons:

average food

Reviewer: jannielane Review Date: 01/03/2018

We had a dinner reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby at 6:30 on Thanksgiving evening. We finally were seated and had menus in our hands at 8:35! When our entrees arrived, the restaurant was in the process of closing and tables were being set up for the following day. The food was not awful, but certainly not worth 2 Dining Plan credits or a 2 hour wait, which meant that we also missed Fantasmic. The manager on duty was unsympathetic, did not offer any compensation for missing Fantasmic (we had FastPasses, as did the many people around us who were also being told that seating was running 2 hours behind). I had the cioppino, which was just plain weird. It was lukewarm and what I suspect was meant to be broth was congealed at the bottom of the bowl. Only the grapefruit cake was worth eating. We won't be going back.

Pros:

Not many

Cons:

Extremely slow, food not up to usual standards

Reviewer: SharW Review Date: 11/16/2017

Always have to wait 15-20 minutes past appointed time - very limited waiting area. Restaurant is very noisy. Food was good but quality has declined the past couple of years. Usually eat here twice during our stay - come every October. Will only make reservation for one time next year.

Pros:

Service was great

Cons:

Very noisy - limited menu

Reviewer: SusieH212 Review Date: 08/20/2017

What a great dinner we had here! Loved the atmosphere & had a great cast member too. We had the Vegetarian Pho, served with spring rolls, which was delicious!!!

Pros:

Vegetarian option!

Reviewer: Geri604 Review Date: 04/30/2017

My mom and I split the entrée Cobb salad and a filet - this was the perfect amount of food for each of us. As always, the salad was amazing, and the filet was very good. My dad had the lamb two ways, mainly because he wanted the chop; he didn't care much for the lamb belly (but we didn't think he would). For dessert we did two of the sampler trios - one with 2 crème brulee and 1 grapefruit cake, and one with 1 crème brulee and 2 grapefruit cake - so each of us was able to have our two favorites. I just wish they would offer a full size portion of the cake like they do at the lounge outside.

Pros:

Wonderful server; the Cobb salad; the grapefruit cake

Cons:

I wish they;d go back to the full size grapefruit cake slices

Reviewer: AL Review Date: 12/05/2016

If you go, save your dining credits and just order the COBB SALAD. It's amazing, and pretty much the only thing that was outstanding. I regret spending double table credits for something that I could have just bought. The triple pork plate just didn't look appealing, but server Tim was outstanding. Trust me, just buy the Cobb Salad and the dessert trio.

Pros:

Ohmygoodness the COBB SALAD!!!

Cons:

Over priced for meh kind of food.