Reviews of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Roller Coaster, more turns than drops, with interactive queue.

Reviewed by dznyfn1 Review Date: 06/19/2019

Long wait with little to no air circulation once you get into the main que

Pros:

It is a classic

Cons:

Jerky

Reviewed by courtney Review Date: 06/17/2019

I remember going on this ride as a kid and still love riding it every time I go. Great for all ages

Pros:

Great for kids and adults alike

Cons:

Queue can get fairly long, there is a height requirement

Reviewed by dawn Review Date: 06/13/2019

this is just a fun roller coaster! old and young come off this ride smiling and wanting to go again!

Pros:

fast, not too rough, theming

Cons:

none!

Reviewed by Purpie Review Date: 06/13/2019

I absolutely this ride! Lots of nostalgia for me as I have ridden this since I was a child coming here. I love the immersion in the wilderness theme through the queue and ride. It has a fun theme throughout rather than just being rails. You get a view as you ride, it’s pretty smooth and somewhat tame if you aren’t an Expedition Everest, coaster fan. I love the fast turns and dips, and moments where it slows down to take in the view.

Pros:

Fun, smooth, picturesque, nice nightly views, nostalgic

Cons:

Long lines, hot (temperature) area in summer

Reviewed by plipari Review Date: 06/12/2019

BTMR is a must-do for our family. We love the speed and that it's an outdoor attraction. The theming is great and has appeal for thrill seekers and those who might be a little bit on the edge of thrill seeking.

Pros:

Fun ride, great theming. On the tame side for a thrill ride.

Cons:

Waits can be long without a fast pass. The ride can be a bit jerky if you don't brace yourself for dips and turns. I prefer a daytime ride when I can see what's coming next and prepare myself. On our last nighttime ride, I slid around the cart the whole time, crashing into my husband on the turns.

Reviewed by Elaine Review Date: 06/12/2019

Always one of our favorite rides. We didn't initially do a fast-pass here as it didn't work with the others we chose for that day. However, we did happen to have one for the Magic Carpet Ride but since it was closed down, we were able to go to another ride to use the fastpass. We chose Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, as who wouldn't? Always such a great ride.....I always forget on how fast this ride goes. So much fun!

Pros:

Fast, thrilling ride. Always one we like to go on during our trip at WDW.

Cons:

Can be really long waits if you don't have a fastpass

Reviewed by JohnC Review Date: 06/12/2019

A favorite

Pros:

Nice coaster

Cons:

Wait

Reviewed by ljd2143 Review Date: 04/24/2019

One of my favorite rides! Try to sit in the back for a more adventurous ride.

Pros:

Fast-moving roller coaster thrill-ride

Cons:

Fast-moving roller coaster thrill-ride

Reviewed by hsmamato2 Review Date: 04/24/2019

Love this little coaster! It's perfect, lots of fun, but not too scary! Love the theming,music and fun ride.

Pros:

It's fun for the whole family

Cons:

wish it were longer

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/24/2019

I absolutely love this roller coaster. The turns and curves are the best. If you can go later at night (closer to closing) the lines are shorter and you may be able to ride a few times in quick succession. The view of the Magic Kingdom at night is pretty cool.

Pros:

Fast turns/curves. All the thrills/speed a roller coaster has to offer without the one super scary big drop.

Cons:

With any ride the lines can be long but timebit rift and it’s not a problem.

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions