Reviews of Big River Grille and Brewing Works

View Menus at Big River Grille and Brewing Works Dining Location

Full Service Lunch/Dinner

Lunch-Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/big-river-grille-and-brewing-works/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/big-river-grille-and-brewing-works/child-lunch-dinner

AllEars® Review:

Reviewed by CLHoward72 Review Date: 07/23/2015

First visit here. The indoor seating is way too cramped but we didn't want to eat outside in the heat. The menu is very small but there was something for all of us. We did not try any of the beers but the food was okay, nothing special. We enjoyed the meal but probably won't go back again in the future.

Pros:

Location at Boardwalk

Cons:

Cramped seating

Reviewed by MK1972 Review Date: 01/16/2013

Ate here on marathon weekend. Would liked to have sat outside on the boardwalk but the wait was 20 minutes and DH and I were starving since we'd run the 1/2 that AM. Got seated inside right away. Server was pleasant and attentive. Both of us ordered a basic burger and thought it was delicious. I'm very picky about my hamburgers so that is a compliment. However, I failed to notice that it only came with potato chips and not french fries. Because I didn't notice, not sure if it was possible to request fries. So found that to be a bit dissapointing. Also, $14.95 is pretty expensive for a hamburger and potato chips.

Pros:

Great burgers

Cons:

bit expensive

Reviewed by auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family dined here on 8/31/19. The waiter was exceptionally attentive to our rather large party. The burger comes with chips, so I asked him if there was anything else I could possibly get for a side. He mentioned fruit, so our entire party asked for fruit as our side. Much to our surprise, he brought each of us a bowl full of grapes to snack on before the meal. And he refilled them! Our meals still came with the chips, but the fruit to snack on while we waited was perfect for this really hot day.

Pros:

No wait

Cons:

Food is barely average.

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 05/24/2015

The craft beer and selection is good. In fairness, I only ordered an appetizer - asiago artichoke and crab dip. It was okay at best. But the kicker was that there a mom and daughter next to my table and she said their food was not good...shortly after they left. The menu looks like typical pub food so I didn't have high expectations, but the dip at $13 left me wondering if something was missing.

Pros:

Beer, Location

Reviewed by emix Review Date: 04/26/2014

The night we chose to go to Big River it was drizzling and cool outside. We requested a table inside and were seated immediately. The temperature inside was colder than out on the boardwalk. We did not wish to shiver through our meal and got up from the table to tell the hostess that it was too cold inside. She made no effort to look into it and seemed fine with the fact that we were leaving. We decided that if this was the way they served us before even ordering, that it probably wasn't going to get any better.
As a result, I can not comment on the food or drinks only the lack of interest in guests' concerns exhibited by the staff.

Pros:

Convenient for Boardwalk guests

Cons:

Uncaring staff, Too cold inside restaurant.

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 02/18/2014

I’ve eaten here two other times, both times I came away disappointed in the food. This time the food was fine, but the experience in the restaurant was terrible!! We only ate here as a last resort as the Flying Fish Cafe and Kozzina’s had nothing on their menus that appealed to my wife. We were staying at the Boardwalk Inn and wanted something close as it was raining heavily.

We arrived about 6:30PM on Wednesday, February 12, 2014. We were seated upon our arrival at a table on the left side of the restaurant near a window looking out onto the boardwalk and their patio. Our server was good throughout our meal.

After we ordered, several groups arrived and promptly began drinking heavily. As they drank, they got louder and louder. By the time out food arrived, I could not hear my wife speak at all, and she was sitting next to me. This was the loudest restaurant I’ve ever been in! Even though our food was good, the noise killed the experience for us and we will never return. When we were leaving, we spoke to a family under the awning at the front of the restaurant, and they also thought the noise levels were deafening.

This restaurant is more of a bar, then a restaurant.

Pros:

Burgers, Location

Cons:

Noise, Noise, and more Noise

Other topics in Boardwalk