Reviews of Big River Grille and Brewing Works

View Menus at Big River Grille and Brewing Works Dining Location

Full Service Lunch/Dinner

Lunch-Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/big-river-grille-and-brewing-works/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/big-river-grille-and-brewing-works/child-lunch-dinner

AllEars® Review:

Reviewer: Dnields Review Date: 02/13/2019

I had dinner here (with friends) this past weekend. I really wanted to post because the reviews have been mixed, at best. We had a great meal and a great experience. The service was friendly, and we were seated quickly (party of 5). We had adults and one child (picky eater). Everyone found something, and the food came out in a timely fashion. I had a burger (the black and blue), and it was probably the best burger I've had on property. These days, it's impossible to get a truly medium rare burger, but they could make it as rare as I wanted. I really was surprised about how great our experience was. I was the only beer drinker, and loved their selections. But everyone else was just as happy. We went there as a fallback, but I would now make it a destination.

Pros:

Great food. Friendly service. Good beer selection. Burger made perfectly.

Cons:

None really.

Reviewer: auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family dined here on 8/31/19. The waiter was exceptionally attentive to our rather large party. The burger comes with chips, so I asked him if there was anything else I could possibly get for a side. He mentioned fruit, so our entire party asked for fruit as our side. Much to our surprise, he brought each of us a bowl full of grapes to snack on before the meal. And he refilled them! Our meals still came with the chips, but the fruit to snack on while we waited was perfect for this really hot day.

Pros:

No wait

Cons:

Food is barely average.

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

My niece asked me to attend a beer tapping with her at Big River and it was fun! I had wine but she had the featured stout served with a tiramisu
dessert and the cost of her duo was $3! A Disney World bargain!!! There was a good turnout for the new beer. It was a fun atmosphere.

Pros:

a new experience

Reviewer: debg32 Review Date: 05/29/2017

My last experience here was not good. My sister and I were looking for a place for a quick lunch while the men played golf. We decided to give it a try. The nachos were great. The cheese sauce they use was spicy but not too spicy. I had a garden salad with chicken and she had the Caesar salad with chicken. The chicken was seasoned just right. The portions were huge and we couldn't finish it. Our server was great. He constantly checked on us, made sure our drinks were filled and even brought us a refill in a to go cup. A few days later her boys and their friends decided to try it and they liked it too. Also, they do take out. We were staying at the Boardwalk and decided to eat at the pool. We called in an order and picked it up. We all enjoyed dining poolside.

Pros:

Caesar Salad and Nachos

Reviewer: allec999 Review Date: 10/01/2015

Ate a late dinner here after the Fantasmic show mid-week. Sat right at the bar, bartenders were friendly and helpful. I just had a burger, which was decent. My wife had meatloaf, which she could not eat. Probably won't go out of our way to come back here, but if we're staying at the Boardwalk again, very well could try it again.

Pros:

Bartenders friendly

Cons:

Mixed results for the food

Reviewer: CLHoward72 Review Date: 07/23/2015

First visit here. The indoor seating is way too cramped but we didn't want to eat outside in the heat. The menu is very small but there was something for all of us. We did not try any of the beers but the food was okay, nothing special. We enjoyed the meal but probably won't go back again in the future.

Pros:

Location at Boardwalk

Cons:

Cramped seating

Reviewer: caltex Review Date: 05/24/2015

The craft beer and selection is good. In fairness, I only ordered an appetizer - asiago artichoke and crab dip. It was okay at best. But the kicker was that there a mom and daughter next to my table and she said their food was not good...shortly after they left. The menu looks like typical pub food so I didn't have high expectations, but the dip at $13 left me wondering if something was missing.

Pros:

Beer, Location

Reviewer: bjtrax Review Date: 04/23/2015

The turkey and swiss on toasted sourdough bread was outstanding! The chocolate chaos for dessert was fantastic. Waiter very friendly and helpful. We returned and got the same meal as a carry-out. You had to order at the bar, and the bartender was not very interested in taking or delivering our order. Still, an excellent meal & outside seating is nice on the Boardwalk.

Pros:

food, Boardwalk location of outside seating, waiter

Cons:

less then friendly bartenders

Reviewer: LISAE Review Date: 08/24/2014

On the last day of our trip we had cancelled our reservation and so after a morning in Hollywood Studios we decided to chance a walk up here in the knowledge that no reservations can be made.
The interior has a definite bar feel so not a place for a quiet luxurious meal but we weren't expecting this.
Had an amazingly friendly server who just put the best finish to an amazing two week holiday.
Had the house brewed pilsner which was very like a traditional European lager - so enjoyable that I had a second glass.
Son had a chicken Caesar salad (about the seventh of the trip and he said by far the best), I had a very nice burger, daughter had New York Strip with garlic mash and husband had salmon.
All very nice indeed and much better than expected.
For dessert we had three NY cheesecakes and one chocolate cake. Huge portions and very, very scrummy.
A real hidden treasure.

Pros:

fantastic food and the best server of our two week trip.

Reviewer: DisneyTheVs Review Date: 05/26/2014

We heard that you can just show up and get into this restaurant. We arrived and was given a pager for 4 guest and about 5 minutes later we had a table. The table was small for 4 people as there was not leg room. My wife and I split the Hickory Bacon Burger ($12.50) and kettle chips. They brought out the burger and chips split onto 2 plates. The burger is 8 oz. and is enough for us to split. We had the Chocolate Confusion for dessert and enjoyed every bite and keep talking about going back, but never had a chance to get back for another slice. There was plenty for us to split. We will be back on future trips.

Pros:

Chocolate Confusion

Cons:

Small tables