Reviews of Biergarten - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Biergarten Restaurant Dining Location

Cuisines: German, American

Cuisines: German, American
Read more about Biergarten including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/biergarten

Buffet - Lunch/Dinner
Live Entertainment
Germany - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by Dsnygrl Review Date: 02/15/2015

We eat at Biergarten every trip and this time was no exception. Actually we ate there twice on our last vacation. I enjoy the buffet and the entertainment. They have made some changes to the items served. They removed the beer cheese soup from the lunch menu, replacing it with a potato soup. The soup was rather bland. I really missed the beer cheese soup which I thought was better than what I'd gotten at Le Cellier. They have added a few new salads to the cold bar, all were yummy. I especially liked the new fresh pickles. They still serve the schnitzelle (spelling?), but now only offer the hunter sauce. I miss the brown gravy. I also liked the spatzle with cheese. The struedel (spelling?) was wonderful as always. On both our meals we had great service. We will return for sure.

Pros:

food was wonderful

Cons:

they took the beer cheese soup off the menu

Reviewed by lcjens Review Date: 01/30/2015

The buffet was nice with plenty of options and traditional German food. The band was fun and we danced a bit after dinner. They have shared tables and we were seated with another family which worked out fine.

Pros:

Seated quickly, friendly staff, good entertainment and food

Reviewed by beilfamily Review Date: 01/11/2015

WOW! Why did we wait so long to eat here? It has always been on our list to try and now it is on our list to do each time. A huge buffet with lots of selections. I never even made it to the dessert side, I was too full. Our kids are 14 and 11 and somewhat picky. They loved the food and the entertainment. You will sit by strangers, but that is part of the fun. Prost!

Pros:

Lots of great food

Cons:

close quarters

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 12/20/2014

Good, hearty food, but could have had a few more salads or vegetable dishes. Nice variety in the desserts. Felt very wedged in against rail and was somewhat difficult to get out to get food at the buffet.

Pros:

food was fresh

Cons:

crowded seating

Reviewed by jdetrick Review Date: 12/13/2014

I know many people like this, but it's not my cup of tea. First of all, the live music is loud. Crazy loud. Don't try to talk to anyone and give up hope of hearing your server loud. Second, the buffets had crazy long lines. It was an easy 15-20 minute wait before you could even get something to eat. I'll also say this is the only restaurant we went to where no one came out to talk to the member of our party who had a food allergy. On the plus side, the food is good (especially for a buffet) and the restaurant looks great!

Pros:

Great atmosphere!

Cons:

Ridiculous lines at the buffet and too loud music

Reviewed by retired605 Review Date: 12/11/2014

This is the first time we have eaten here (and will be the last). We wanted a lunch for the Candlelight and this was all that was available when we booked.
You sit at a table for 8. We had no problem with that - our dining companions were great.
First problem was the server - she started to tell us about the buffet, etc when the entertainment started. We were seated at the far end of the table and she spoke so softly we couldn't hear a word she said. When I told her we couldn't hear her she acted annoyed but didn't repeat anything. Luckily others at the table had been there before so clued us in on what she had said.
This is not a very relaxing place to eat. it is very noisy and crowded. The tables are so close together it is not possible for you and the person seated at the table in back of you to get up at the same time. The buffet lines are crowded and, until you learn how it works, very confusing.
We would not eat here again which is too bad because the food was decent but not worth the trouble.

Pros:

food

Cons:

seating/ atmosphere

Reviewed by KarissaB1 Review Date: 11/30/2014

This was our first time having dinner at Biergarten and it was very good. We were there 11/14/14. Our wait time to get seated was around a half hour even with ADR. This was the worst part of the dining experience. Our server was friendly. The buffet was good. I really loved the fresh pretzel rolls. They were delicious to dip in the beer cheese soup. The schnitzel was also very good. Dessert choices were okay, but the warm apple strudel was very good. The entertainment was fun and the kids in our party enjoyed dancing. I would definitely eat here again.

Pros:

Atmosphere, food

Cons:

Wait time to be seated, crowded

Reviewed by disneyhardin Review Date: 11/25/2014

This was our third time having dinner at Biergarten and it was good as usual. We were there the first weekend of November and it was the shortest amount of time we have had to wait for our ADR - less than 10 minutes. Our server was very friendly and prompt with clearning plates and refilling drinks.

The buffet was good. I really liked the beer cheese soup with the pretzel rolls. The potato dumplings are my favorite.

We were seated with a 4 person family, another couple and us. We didn't really chit chat with the other people too much other than a quick world about what we liked from the buffet.

The band is always fun.

Pros:

Great Food/Good Service

Reviewed by trishie Review Date: 10/27/2014

The food was good, but I wish there were more choices for dessert. Entertainment was great but I wished it lasted a little longer.

Pros:

Food, entertainment

Cons:

Wish the entertainment was longer

Reviewed by Lanmon Review Date: 10/23/2014

The Biergarten has always been a luncheon tradition during WDW visits. This menu has changed ALOT!!! The entire buffet had hot delicious food, carving station with two meats and yummy desserts. Great variety of everything. The cheese beer soup was better than Le Cellier in Canada. We met a very nice couple and spent time visiting and talking and felt no rush leave the Biergarten. Can't wait to go back!!

Pros:

New menu with new varieties

1 4 5 6 7 8 11