Reviews of Biergarten - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Biergarten Restaurant Dining Location

Cuisines: German, American

Cuisines: German, American
Read more about Biergarten including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/biergarten

Buffet - Lunch/Dinner
Live Entertainment
Germany - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 10/14/2017

I think I would skip this restaurant on my next visit. My boyfriend and I ate here in September 2017. It was pouring rain and the check-in line extends to outside and moved slowly, so we only got even wetter having to check-in. You're seated with others, which isn't horrible, but the way the tables are set up it's hard to see the entertainment, which hardly lasts and then they leave off of the stage already. I felt like my boyfriend was in line 45 minutes just to get his food. The buffet lines were huge and one side of the buffet didn't have everything the other side of the buffet had. I thought the food was so-so and definitely not work the $85. I'd rather eat somewhere else like Via Napoli which was fabulous.

Pros:

Entertainment -- but too short!!!!

Cons:

Both sides of buffet didn't have the same food / crowded / seated with others

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 10/06/2017

We ate her 9/22 party of 6 checked in about 10 min early and was seated with another couple. They were young and celebrating anniversary and I don't think knew that they would be sitting with another family so they kept to themselves and we respected their privacy. Our waitress came and got our drink orders and we went to stand in the long line at buffet. I have eaten here before and it was ok but my ds girlfriend was with us and has never ate here so she wanted to try it. Again the food was ok it took forever to get through the line and heaven forbid if you forgot anything because you would have to get in line again. This was the worse line I have ever had to wait in to get food. I was shocked at how the flow was moving. The entertainment was ok but didn't last long and they took a break. I remember the show lasting longer and they playing more songs. They played wedding songs not tradional German songs that they played int he past. Of course the kids enjoyed it and danced in the front. Our waitress never came around to refill drinks and other waitresses took our plates away. The price isn't worth it for us and this will probably be our last time going here for awhile. We are DVC & AP members so come to DW freqently and still have many restaurants to try yet.

Pros:

Buffet, entertainment

Cons:

long lines for food, unattentive waitress

Reviewed by MM from Connecticut Review Date: 06/09/2017

There is a little entertainment show during the meal, which is a lot of fun and gets crowd into a festive mood. However, we were brought to a table on the very end/side of the stage. I quickly asked to switch, and am so glad or we would have missed out on the fun. Food is pretty good with wide assortment. If not on the dining plan, then expensive for kids who barely eat. Disney needs to have Jr. Price for buffets because it is absolutely ridiculous to charge Adult price of $35+ for a 11 year old kid.

Pros:

Super Fun

Cons:

Sit with strangers

Reviewed by SnowWhite14 Review Date: 05/31/2017

This was our families first time here and it was a great meal! There was a variety of food for everyone's taste, even our picky eaters who enjoyed the chicken and potatoes. Make sure you save room for dessert, which was everyone's favorite. The show during dinner was great and the kids enjoyed the chance to get up and dance.

Pros:

food, entertainment

Reviewed by Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

DH and I ate here on March 10, 2017. It was our second time visiting here and enjoyed it very much both times. We were seated with a very chatty woman and her young daughter. We knew the seating was in groups beforehand so this wasn't a shock. All the food was great and the entertainment fun as usual. Service was great as well. It can be hard to hear the waitress or your dining partners during the performances though.

Pros:

food, atmosphere, service

Reviewed by Meyer4 Review Date: 04/25/2017

I liked the atmosphere. The live music show was fun. Had to sit between a family of 4 and a elderly couple. The food selection was great. Had a little of everything.

Pros:

Food Selection

Cons:

Group seating

Reviewed by MartinK Review Date: 04/13/2017

We dined here on April 4, 2017. This was my 3rd time eating at the Biergarten, my husband's 2nd, and our son and his friend's first experience. We had the QS dining plan, so we paid out-of-pocket for this meal, which was $46/person if I'm remembering correctly.

We had a great table close to the dance floor and had a wonderful waitress. The potato leek soup was a hit with our whole party as was the best macaroni and cheese I've ever tasted. I also enjoyed the salmon and the potato dumplings. The desserts, for those of us who saved room, were delicious. The schnitzel was a little overdone this time, but all in all it was a great meal.

Pros:

variety, entertainment, service

Reviewed by Amanditabonita Review Date: 02/27/2017

This was our second visit to this restaurant. We dined here for my DH's birthday and our anniversary at his request. This is his new favorite restaurant (used to be Liberty Tree). For those worried about eating German fair, there are plenty of items for a mild palette. There is a selection of sausages, roasted meats, cold salads, soups, bread, and other items. I really enjoyed the potato soup as well as sausages, and cabbage selections. My DH is very picky and stuck with the more mild sausages and carby side dishes like potatoes and bread. The desserts are small so you can get a variety. They had items like cheesecake, apple struedal, and German chocolate cake. All very good. The entertainment is fun. It's a live band playing traditional German instruments and there is room for dancing. If you are a small party, you will have to share the table as it is group seating, 6 seats per a table. The ambiance is very nice.

Pros:

tasty food, entertainment

Cons:

group seating

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 02/17/2017

My family of 6 ate lunch here on December 15th. This was our first visit here. It is expensive! We did not use the dining plan. The service was excellent. Everybody was friendly. We were seated with an older couple that were celebrating their 40th anniversary. We were celebrating DD 21st bday. We had a great time! DD is on a dairy free diet and so a chef came out and took her around the buffet to show her what she can have. Also extra dairy free chocolate desserts were brought to her at the table. The cheese soup was a big hit with my DH and DSons. I found it to be too salty though. The meatballs and salmon were wonderful! I enjoyed the salads, the beets, potatoes au'gratin, pretzel bread and the white sausages. The desserts were wonderful and since they are small you can try a variety of different ones. The show was also fun and we're all happy to have finally tried it.

Pros:

Big selection and friendly staff with a good floor show to top it off

Cons:

price

Reviewed by disneyhardin Review Date: 11/18/2016

This was our 3rd time eating here. It is one of my husbands absolute favorite places to eat at Disney.

Our ADR was for 7:30. We checked in, got a buzzer and sat down on a bench - we were then paged immediately. We were seated with a family of 5, a single guy whose wife wasn't feeling well and went back to the hotel and then DH and I. Everyone we sat with were friendly and we chatted with them.

Our server was very efficient with drinks and clearing plates.

The food was good. We had been snacking at the Food and Wine Festival and I wasn't super hungry. The macaroni and cheese was the best thing on the buffet. I ate a huge serving of that. The meats were all good.

I was disappointed that the soup was tomato and not cheese like the last time we were there.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere