Reviews of Backlot Express

View Menus at Backlot Express Dining Location

Read more about Backlot Express including links to menus and reviews here:

Counter Service - Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: Dfan79 Review Date: 05/14/2014

Backlot is a good place to eat because of the entrees, cupcakes and atmosphere. I like it so much I've been there 3 times. The last time I got Chicken Nuggets during my visit and they were really good. Exactly what you would expect them to be. The thing that made the meal so great though was the dessert. The Chocolate Cherry Cupcake that came with my meal was amazing. The cupcake is mostly chocolate with a cherry filling. It's a specialty cupcake, so it is only available at certain times of the year. Other times of year they might have a Lemon Meringue or a Strawberry Cupcake.

I also like the theme of the place, it looks like an old movie prop warehouse. There’s random props all over the place like the Toon Patrol car from Roger Rabbit, a mini sub, statues, paintings, etc. Even the toppings bar looks like a red tool chest. Plus there’s a refill machine in case you want to fill up before you leave and since I’m cheap/thrifty I always do.

Pros:

Atmosphere, Cupcakes

Reviewer: jenniemouse Review Date: 01/28/2014

Very crowded and hard to find a seat. Bread on my sandwich was burnt. Limited choices for kids on dining plan. Hubs had a burger it was fine. Nothing great. Fun to watch Jedi show.

Pros:

ok place

Cons:

not the best food

Reviewer: Hstepzinski Review Date: 11/19/2013

This is just basic theme park food. It was nothing great but it was convenient for a quick bite and it had very little line.

Pros:

small line

Cons:

nothing outstanding

Reviewer: wdwfreak Review Date: 11/12/2013

We shared the warm turkey and cheese on multigrain ciabatta bread, really good! What a nice surprise! They also had a pumpkin spice cupcake that was excellent, best of our trip and we tried 5 or 6 different cupcakes! We really enjoyed the seating and atmosphere here, will go back for sure!

Pros:

cool atmosphere, great food!!

Cons:

may have limited hours

Reviewer: gthurber Review Date: 11/10/2013

Good quick service meal. Lots of seating both indoors and out so nice to find a cool place to sit!

Pros:

Good quick service food. Lots of seating.

Reviewer: HOBBES Review Date: 10/29/2013

We went in here about 7.50 one evening, just before closing to get something before Fantasmic. I ordered the hot dog, which was OK-not as good as Caseys but fine for a quick bite. DH ordered the grilled turkey and cheese, and despite there being only 3 other people placing orders at the time, and the chef assembling it to order, still managed to morph into a veggie sandwich by the time we sat down. DH was not pleased (he hates veggies!) The CM that served me was most aplogetic and replaced it immediately but its very disheartening when there was so few customers in there for them to make that mistake.

Pros:

always good food

Cons:

in a restaurant with only 4 people waiting they still managed to get our order wrong!t

Reviewer: disneyhardin Review Date: 10/25/2013

We seem to always end up at Backlot Express when we go to Hollywood Studios. We ate here the first week of Oct. The place is always very busy at lunch, but we found a table without too much searching. I had the chicken nuggets and DH had the burger - both were good and hot. The best part of the meal was the desert - we both got a seasonal cupcake that was carrot cake and was made to look like Witch Minnie.

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Always Busy

Reviewer: Mich97 Review Date: 08/30/2013

Ate here this past July. Typical park food and decent food. Had no problems finding a seat but it can get crowded during peak meal times.

Reviewer: brittos Review Date: 07/05/2013

Ate here on 6/12. Good quick service, but overly crowded due to the rain storm that came in. Everyone taking shelther and seats from people actually trying to eat. Good turkey sandwinch, and chicken nuggets just like all the others.

Pros:

quick service

Cons:

no table availability

Reviewer: nicole0992 Review Date: 05/08/2013

We chose to have lunch here during our recent trip. We just tried the chicken nuggets and fries. They were good. Same as every other counter place. The parfait dessert was not good at all.

Pros:

Good choices

Cons:

Can get very crowded and loud