Reviews of Backlot Express

View Menus at Backlot Express Dining Location

Read more about Backlot Express including links to menus and reviews here:

Counter Service - Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/17/2019

My daughter and I wanted to try all new restaurants this visit and tried the Backlot Express. It was the worst food we’ve eaten in any of the Disney parks! I had the hamburger which literally tasted like a piece of shoe leather - so dry!! My daughter had the chicken and biscuits- with the raspberry sauce. Who puts raspberry sauce on chicken and biscuits! It only needs white gravy. Needless to say she said it was a very odd choice on Disney’s part to do that and she was definitely not a fan!

Pros:

None. Very difficult for ECV to maneuver

Cons:

Food was terrible

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Very large space, some in outside. Usually not busy. Nothing fancy or special but I prefer this to ABC Commissary which it is similar to.

Pros:

Can watch Star Wars show, large space so you get a seat, usually not busy

Cons:

Some is outdoors if you don't want to be outside, average with nothing special here

Reviewed by dsnyak5 Review Date: 02/02/2013

My friend and I both ordered a grilled turkey sandwich. Seemed a good, reliable choice. Inedible. Without a doubt the WORST food I have ever had in my 21 years of going to WDW. We ended up just throwing it all in the trash, it was that bad. Such a waste. Avoid this place!

Pros:

Cons:

everything

Reviewed by brb214stoon Review Date: 01/29/2013

Absolutely the worst food we ate while on our 10 day trip.

Pros:

shady areas to eat

Cons:

food is the worst in disney!

Reviewed by Vivian Review Date: 06/17/2019

Love the atmosphere here. Not great but above average theme park food.

Pros:

Quick to get food.

Cons:

Not enough seating

Reviewed by ret1958 Review Date: 04/18/2019

Visited 12/18. Good for a quick meal. We wanted to try Holiday snack and it was good. Also shared a burger. Average theme park burger.

Pros:

Quick meal

Cons:

Just average

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 01/28/2019

Ate here twice in Jan 2019 out of convenience and because the kids loved the honey mustard here. Chicken tenders were good, burgers were a bit bland and dry (which is pretty typical of a Disney quick service but without the toppings bar). We liked grabbing a table outside to watch the Padawan show, which is very cute.

Pros:

good Padawan show viewing from outside, good honey mustard

Cons:

burgers are meh

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 10/09/2018

We eat here every visit as we can always count on the food being good. Our recent trip to the Backlot was no different on Sept 23. Food choices were good. Mobil ordering was quick and easy and the atmosphere was good. We got there at a good time as the crowd was lower so have ample seating choices. While not top notch food, it is good with many selections. Dark Side chicken and waffles were one of my choices but went with burger. Wife had the capresse sandwich. All was good as well as the drinks. Can't miss here again.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, mobile order

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We like the Galaxy chicken salad, nice selection of greens, has black beans and avocado

Pros:

great salad

Cons:

crowded

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

good food

Pros:

good food and service

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios