Reviews of Backlot Express

View Menus at Backlot Express Dining Location

Read more about Backlot Express including links to menus and reviews here:

Counter Service - Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Very large space, some in outside. Usually not busy. Nothing fancy or special but I prefer this to ABC Commissary which it is similar to.

Pros:

Can watch Star Wars show, large space so you get a seat, usually not busy

Cons:

Some is outdoors if you don't want to be outside, average with nothing special here

Reviewer: dsnyak5 Review Date: 02/02/2013

My friend and I both ordered a grilled turkey sandwich. Seemed a good, reliable choice. Inedible. Without a doubt the WORST food I have ever had in my 21 years of going to WDW. We ended up just throwing it all in the trash, it was that bad. Such a waste. Avoid this place!

Pros:

Cons:

everything

Reviewer: brb214stoon Review Date: 01/29/2013

Absolutely the worst food we ate while on our 10 day trip.

Pros:

shady areas to eat

Cons:

food is the worst in disney!

Reviewer: Becky B Review Date: 01/28/2019

Ate here twice in Jan 2019 out of convenience and because the kids loved the honey mustard here. Chicken tenders were good, burgers were a bit bland and dry (which is pretty typical of a Disney quick service but without the toppings bar). We liked grabbing a table outside to watch the Padawan show, which is very cute.

Pros:

good Padawan show viewing from outside, good honey mustard

Cons:

burgers are meh

Reviewer: mschu2112 Review Date: 10/09/2018

We eat here every visit as we can always count on the food being good. Our recent trip to the Backlot was no different on Sept 23. Food choices were good. Mobil ordering was quick and easy and the atmosphere was good. We got there at a good time as the crowd was lower so have ample seating choices. While not top notch food, it is good with many selections. Dark Side chicken and waffles were one of my choices but went with burger. Wife had the capresse sandwich. All was good as well as the drinks. Can't miss here again.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere, mobile order

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We like the Galaxy chicken salad, nice selection of greens, has black beans and avocado

Pros:

great salad

Cons:

crowded

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

good food

Pros:

good food and service

Reviewer: mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We ate here since it was close to our attractions we had planned around lunch time. My husband ordered the Darth Vader chicken & waffles while I had the chicken nuggets because I couldn't make a decision. He really liked the chicken & waffles and enjoyed the Darth Vader cupcake as well. I thought the BB8 lemon cupcake was a nice compliment after my chicken nuggets. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for decent food at a decent price. They do have lots of seating available although its tough to find a spot when its busy.

Pros:

Great star wars theme

Cons:

Hard to find seating during busy time

Reviewer: Figment Family Review Date: 03/22/2017

Went in with low expectations with the state of Hollywood Studios currently. We were pleasantly surprised. The Dark Side chicken and waffles were filling and fairly tasty. The kids meal version is a good value as compared to the adult portion.

Pros:

Decent food fast

Reviewer: bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

We purchased a 'Boba Fet' souvenier stein, the BB8 Lemon Cupcake, and the Chocolate Chewbacca Specialty cupcakes. I was pleasantly surprised that the BB8 one was SUPER-delicious and smoothe flavored.

Tables are all over inside and out but be aware that it gets INSANELY crowded during lunch times. To break up the monotony, we noticed that there was an incredibly-bouncy cast member periodically awarding free food surprises randomly through the crowd. That was lots of fun to watch and worked well keeping people's spirits up through the NUTTY lunch rush.

We LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT and will definitely be back. Just know that this place is tucked right across Star Tours and at the end of the Indiana Jones Show exit.

Pros:

Star-Wars themed souvenier steins, waffles, and desserts!

Cons:

quite crowded at lunch