Reviews of Backlot Express

View Menus at Backlot Express Dining Location

Read more about Backlot Express including links to menus and reviews here:

Counter Service - Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

We purchased a 'Boba Fet' souvenier stein, the BB8 Lemon Cupcake, and the Chocolate Chewbacca Specialty cupcakes. I was pleasantly surprised that the BB8 one was SUPER-delicious and smoothe flavored.

Tables are all over inside and out but be aware that it gets INSANELY crowded during lunch times. To break up the monotony, we noticed that there was an incredibly-bouncy cast member periodically awarding free food surprises randomly through the crowd. That was lots of fun to watch and worked well keeping people's spirits up through the NUTTY lunch rush.

We LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT and will definitely be back. Just know that this place is tucked right across Star Tours and at the end of the Indiana Jones Show exit.

Pros:

Star-Wars themed souvenier steins, waffles, and desserts!

Cons:

quite crowded at lunch

Reviewed by mindylee847 Review Date: 03/02/2015

I had the Grilled Veggie Sandwich on February 27th, 2015 with carrots as my side and apples slices for dessert. This was hands down, one of the best sandwiches I had the entire week. It tasted almost like a pizza, but even better. There was plenty of seating and the line moved quickly. I definitely recommend grabbing a bite to eat here.

The carrots were kind of bleh but they do have ranch cups and you get a hefty portion.

Pros:

Delicious Veggie Sandwich, Lots of Seating

Reviewed by Disney6Pack Review Date: 03/21/2013

Party of 5 (me, DD15, DD14, DS12, and DD10) dined here for lunch during Mardi Gras break. We had never eaten here, but I decided to try it based on the reviews I had read and the fact that it offered free drink refills. The park was crowded because of the holiday and there was a cheerleading competition. Lines to order were long, but moved quickly enough. Food came out quickly enough and we found a table next to the condiments and drink refill station. I had the buffalo chicken bites (which were not on this website’s menu), oldest 2 DDs had burgers, and 2 youngest kids had chicken nuggets. Everyone enjoyed their food and enjoyed being able to refill our drinks before leaving the restaurant. I can’t believe I’ve never tried this in all the years that we’ve been coming here. We really enjoyed it and will come back again.

Pros:

food, location, free drink refills

Reviewed by disneyhappy09 Review Date: 02/02/2013

Hamburgers were great. Wonderful self service area for adding extras to your burger. Quick, great options for seating. My son and I shared a burger and it was more than enough for the two of us.

Pros:

Great burgers

Reviewed by tinkiebell Review Date: 11/02/2015

I hit this in mid-afternoon between meals, so it was relatively quiet and not too busy. My burger was large and very good! Enough to share if I hadn't been so hungry. Other meals we've gotten there have been satisfying as well.

Pros:

lots of seating indoors or outdoors, decent food

Reviewed by wdwfreak Review Date: 11/12/2013

We shared the warm turkey and cheese on multigrain ciabatta bread, really good! What a nice surprise! They also had a pumpkin spice cupcake that was excellent, best of our trip and we tried 5 or 6 different cupcakes! We really enjoyed the seating and atmosphere here, will go back for sure!

Pros:

cool atmosphere, great food!!

Cons:

may have limited hours

Reviewed by disneyhardin Review Date: 10/25/2013

We seem to always end up at Backlot Express when we go to Hollywood Studios. We ate here the first week of Oct. The place is always very busy at lunch, but we found a table without too much searching. I had the chicken nuggets and DH had the burger - both were good and hot. The best part of the meal was the desert - we both got a seasonal cupcake that was carrot cake and was made to look like Witch Minnie.

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Always Busy

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 03/10/2013

Good themed area and service was quick. We always eat here and try to get a seat near windows to see Star Wars show. The food choices are good and standard fare for Disney. The quality is good so you can always find something to eat.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Reviewed by Ponchoselmore Review Date: 02/28/2013

I ate here on Presidents Day, Feb. 18, for lunch. Ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger and was surprised at how quick my order was filled, especially since they were packed. The burger was great, but the best part was the marble cheesecake. One of the best counter service desserts I've had.

Pros:

Good food, fast service

Reviewed by disneyhorsefan Review Date: 01/22/2013

We ate here twice during our January trip. Both times, my sister and I shared a CS meal on the dining plan and felt that it was more than enough food.

We had the chicken nuggets and carrot sticks/french fries, and tried both desserts.

The place was no frills, the service was speedy. The food was simple but warm and tasty. There was plenty of seating both inside and outside.

We would definitely eat here again!

Pros:

Food, quick service

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios