Reviews of Backlot Express

View Menus at Backlot Express Dining Location

Read more about Backlot Express including links to menus and reviews here:

Counter Service - Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: dsnyak5 Review Date: 02/02/2013

My friend and I both ordered a grilled turkey sandwich. Seemed a good, reliable choice. Inedible. Without a doubt the WORST food I have ever had in my 21 years of going to WDW. We ended up just throwing it all in the trash, it was that bad. Such a waste. Avoid this place!

Pros:

Cons:

everything

Reviewer: brb214stoon Review Date: 01/29/2013

Absolutely the worst food we ate while on our 10 day trip.

Pros:

shady areas to eat

Cons:

food is the worst in disney!

Reviewer: Warner Review Date: 05/18/2016

We went and it was VERY crowded. The line was out the door and we waited 10-15 just to order. Then, after we finally ordered, we had to search the entire restaurant for a table. We searched for a while until we found these people who were almost done. We still had to wait on them for a little bit though. By the time we finally sat down our food was pretty much cold and stale. However, we had been there in previous visits and the food was pretty good.

Pros:

Food was good

Cons:

Very hard to find a seat

Reviewer: Cstauffer1 Review Date: 11/01/2015

We grabbed a couple meals here as an afternoon snack. The bacon cheeseburger meal was your standard Disney burger i.e. frozen beef patty that has been slightly warmed on a griddle with minimal seasoning and upon receiving you smother it with whatever condiments that are to your liking. The grilled turkey and cheese sandwich on multigrain bread was good, but would have been much better with some sort of herb dressing/sauce. However the highlight of both meals was the crispy, well seasoned french-fries that accompanied both meals and the chocolate mousse and strawberry parfait were tasty as well.

Pros:

not just burgers, condiments

Cons:

food quality

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 10/02/2014

This is the second time we ate here & not much has changed since 2012. The food is your basic QS, burgers, nuggets. I had the bacon cheeseburger, it was a little bland. DH had the turkey sandwich, he thought it was good. The kids all had nuggets, which were okay. They only had one condiments bar open which people continually tried to use. I hate to admit I kind of enjoyed watching people trying to get ice & drinks from a station that had 2 signs explaining that they needed to go down the ramp to get drinks & condiments.

Pros:

Price

Cons:

—

Reviewer: ADisneyGinger Review Date: 05/02/2013

DH and I ate a late dinner here on April 24. Most of the other counter-service options in DHS were closed when we were ready for dinner (7:30-ish), and so our choices were very limited. We got a turkey sandwich and chicken nuggets, as well as the limited-time-magic Worms and Dirt cupcake. I asked for no fries with my nuggets so I could get a price break, so I paid a few dollars less, but my entree still came with fries. The nuggest and sandwich were both very ho-hum, especially for what was being charged. The cupcake was wonderful, but since it is a limited time magic cupcake, it won't be available any more, so I didn't factor that into my rating. In my opinion, DHS really needs to work on its counter-service options, especially later in the evening.

Pros:

Theming

Cons:

Bland food

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Very large space, some in outside. Usually not busy. Nothing fancy or special but I prefer this to ABC Commissary which it is similar to.

Pros:

Can watch Star Wars show, large space so you get a seat, usually not busy

Cons:

Some is outdoors if you don't want to be outside, average with nothing special here

Reviewer: Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

We ate here on September 16, 2016, during a monsoon (e.g. normal Florida evening). The Darkside Chicken and Waffles were fine. Usual chicken fingers, but the Vadar waffles were too cute. Portion size was good and my hubby and split it as a snack.

It is a partly open-air restaurant, so it tends to be noisy. Metal chairs constantly dragged across tile floors and such, but the theming is fun if you take the time to look around - a storage area for movie props.

Unfortunately many of the tables were taken by people not eating, but just avoiding the rain, so that was a bit inconvenient. But all in all, if you are looking for a quick bite, it is just that.

Pros:

Vadar waffles!

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewer: jenniemouse Review Date: 01/28/2014

Very crowded and hard to find a seat. Bread on my sandwich was burnt. Limited choices for kids on dining plan. Hubs had a burger it was fine. Nothing great. Fun to watch Jedi show.

Pros:

ok place

Cons:

not the best food

Reviewer: Hstepzinski Review Date: 11/19/2013

This is just basic theme park food. It was nothing great but it was convenient for a quick bite and it had very little line.

Pros:

small line

Cons:

nothing outstanding