Reviews of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Disney's Art of Animation Resort offers family suites.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_artan.htm

Video Tour of Rooms and Resort:

Reviewed by thorntda Review Date: 04/11/2013

We have stayed at the AOA Resort 4 times since opening, and we have stayed in Nemo, Cars and Lion King, since we bring the grandparents with us we have not stayed in the Little Mermaid Section. We have has a wonderful experience everytime. The food choices are different in the food court which is a nice change. The rooms are great we give the grandparents the bedroom and the husband and I with our small daughter use the other part of the room works out great having two bathrooms makes it so easy when getting ready in the morning, it is our new go to resort if we can not get a good deal at one of the deluxe villas.

Reviewed by charmed Review Date: 03/27/2013

We would recommend this value resort to everyone- We will stay there whenever we travel to Walt Disney World.

Pros:

Stayed in Little Mermaid-Great place to stay-Loved the decor- Cast members did great job keeping it clean and supplied- everyone was friendly- pools were fabulous- great poolside movies every night- food at food court was delicious- We wish all food court

Cons:

we have no cons

Reviewed by WingsAt46 Review Date: 03/09/2013

Wow! My granddaughter (4) and I visited for a week in early December 2012. Our suite was great! Near the Little Nemo pool (NOT a little pool) we had 2 full bathrooms- one with a tub and the other with a shower, a small kitchen area (microwave, sink, and college dorm sized fridge), a very comfortable bed, along with a Murphy bed and a sofa pull-out, we had plenty of room and plenty of storage.
The food in cafeteria was good, not hot enough, and didn't look quite like the pictures but was surprisingly tasty!
The temperature inside the arcade was FRIGID so all I wanted was to get out of it but g-daughter enjoyed playing until her $5 ran out.
The bedspread was the heaviest of anything I've slept under. I could hardly move my legs and felt pinned to the mattress! We laughed about it every night.
Just returned from a week in Saratoga Springs (2/25-3/2/2013)and with so much to complain about I suggested to my husband that we get our money back and return to Art of Animation for $162 LESS per night. He just didn't want to pack up and move.

Pros:

food, pool, life guards, theme, grounds, cast members

Cons:

no cell phone reception in room or near walls of building

Reviewed by Lyrid_M Review Date: 02/13/2013

DGF and I went to the AoA a little while back, and the resort really was everything I wanted it to be. All the CMs were very friendly and attentive, the buses ran smoothly (Even after MNSSHP, the line for the bus really moved), and I loved the Big Blue Pool (Something about hearing the music underwater really caught my attention).

I love how they have the Food Court laid out. Never waited in line to order food longer than 5 minutes, and not to mention the food was actually better than most CS places around the world! I read some people upset over the dinnerware options, but I for one like the environmental approach. Honestly, is it all that to throw your silverware in a bin, toss plates in another, and toss the trash out, all in one spot? Panera Bread has been doing this for years.

Also, the LM rooms were nice for us. Just enough space to fit our stuff for the week, and never felt cluttered. Bathrooms feel roomier than at the other value resorts, too. And as a side note, the walk from the LM wing, Bldg. 9, to Animation hall is less than a 5 minute walk. Tedious at night for a refill, but we were usually thirsty long after the machines had been turned off for the night, anyway.

Summary of this long winded review is this: We loved it here. We'll probably be coming here for years to come, and I'm okay with this. As a matter of fact, we've already planned out next vacation there for the beginning of 2014. Let the countdown commence!

Pros:

Food Court, Pools, Atmosphere, CMs, Buses, Rooms (LM wing)

Cons:

Wi-Fi, Cell service (Room only)

Reviewed by kcosby Review Date: 02/09/2013

Our family stayed at Art of Animation on Sunday, January 27th and left Friday, February 1st. We arrived around lunchtime and decided to eat at the Landscape of Flavors. Food was very good and the produce was fresh. After lunch, we checked in and even though we couldn't go to our rooms immediately. they advised that they would text me when it was ready. Enjoyed exploring the different sections. I was most impressed by the Cars section of the resort. We stayed in the Little Mermaid section (Building 9 on the 1st floor - yes!). Rooms were great for the time we were there. Discovered the refrigerator was part of the dresser so that made drawers limited but plenty of hangars did the trick for our clothes. Ate breakfast every morning at Landscapes of Flavor and was not disappointed. Loved the croissants! Would go back again tomorrow. Enjoyed the resort thoroughly!

Pros:

Cons:

Distance to room from the main lobby

Reviewed by mamalydia Review Date: 01/07/2013

This was our 1st visit and it was great! Front desk as extremely helpful..got to check in as soon as we arrived at 11am! Room in NEMO section was perfect....close to main lobby, food court and pool. Hotel themes were great!! Took LOTs of pictures!!

Housekeeping was GREAT!! Clean rooms, rooms were FULLY stocked with all necessary items, shampoo, towels, places,cups,utensils. We had our own bus transportation to/from parks, DID NOT share the ride with any other hotel..this is a PLUS, especially after a very LONG day at the theme parks! We will definitely return to this hotel! Price was great for the NEMO Suite, and room enough for 4 adults!!!

Pros:

great location;bus transportation;great housekeeping;fun hotel theme

Reviewed by motoman41 Review Date: 01/06/2013

Just got back from stay 12-28 to 1-3-13. Had a king room in Building 7 of Little Mermaid. Great room on 3rd floor in back facing Hourglass lake and Pop Century. Long walk to Animation Hall and bus stop and main pool.

Room has motion sensor thermostat so room got hot in middle of night. when I got up it turned air on. Food court was crowded at times but ok.

Will probably stay at Pop Century again next time.
If you stay in a suite up front, you will be ok.

Pros:

Nice decorations, Big pool, New rooms

Cons:

Long walk to bus and food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/25/2019

Absolutely loved this resort.

Pros:

The Nemo suite was so cute and just perfect size for me and my two grand daughters. The paintings and sketches in the hall ways were amazing.

Cons:

Food was getting a bit old after a couple of days. It really wasn't that good:(

Reviewed by Melanie D Review Date: 10/01/2018

Art of Animation was the second value we have stayed at and we loved it. We stayed in a Cars suite and it was adorable. We will definitely stay here again.

Pros:

The theme is awesome. It was so cute seeing the kids with the statues from the films.

Cons:

Long walk at the end of the day to Mermaid and Cars rooms.

Reviewed by vickey t Review Date: 09/30/2018

Haven't been back since it opened as I am a DVC member but we had a blast. My son especially loved pulling down his bed and making the table disappear

Pros:

Colorful and lively

Cons:

food court at that time was a bit blah