Reviews of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Disney's Art of Animation Resort offers family suites.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_artan.htm

Video Tour of Rooms and Resort:

Reviewer: shageek Review Date: 01/08/2017

Very happy with this resort. We have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside. This is our first value resort. In many ways, I liked it more than the moderate! The Themeing was wonderful (Even my non-Disney loving husband enjoyed the theme). If you want a really "Disney" feel I would recommend this resort.

The Food court was very good and the staff was overall very friendly.

It took us less time (even with it being a more crowded time of year) to get to all of the parks. (Hollywood studio 5 minutes, Animal Kingdom 10, Epcot and The Magic Kingdom 15 minutes). I was very pleased with the travel time (We rented a car)! This alone made it worth it! We could even watch the fireworks and hear the music from Hollywood Studios at night!.

The only negative was the beds and the room definitely felt smaller (I expected this though). I also had one issue with a cranky server at the food court. My son was sick and I was a little frazzled that night but she was not very helpful and every request I asked was met with a short and snippy comment. This was only one section of the food court. Overall everyone was wonderful!

Pros:

Close to parks, theme (Disney Feel),Staff, Food Court

Cons:

Rooms a little small, Standard rooms far from food court

Reviewer: pwood78 Review Date: 10/03/2016

We stayed in the Lion King Suites in Building 6 on the 1st floor. We requested 1st floor, near transportation...and we got it. It was a quick walk to the buses, food court, Nemo pool.

We loved the theming. The room was spacious, the beds were super comfy. Ok, so the sofa bed wasn't that comfy because it was hard, but there wasn't that annoying bar going across your back. The 2 bathrooms were great.

Mousekeeping came in early each morning to clean.

We loved swimming in the big blue pool in the Nemo section. The resort was so big, and we spent so much time walking in the parks, we didn't even make it to the Cars or Little Mermaid sections to check them out.

The food in the food court was all delicious. We had breakfast and dinner. The cheeseburger, the surf and surf burger, the meatball sub, the pizza, pancakes, french toast....alllllll yummy!

The buses ran quickly, we never waited longer than 5 minutes the entire week. Coming or going.

We stayed Sept 24-30. The first night we arrived, we took the bus to MK to transfer to Monorail to have dinner at 1900 Park Fare. There was a major car accident, luckily we caught the bus quickly, and the bus driver packed in as many people as he could because he knew that anyone left behind would have a really long wait before the next bus arrived. Some people were angry about packing us in, but once we passed the scene of the accident everyone understood.

I would definitely recommend this resort.

Like I said the con was that when sleeping on the murphy bed near the door in the mornings or late at night I could hear people in the hallway, but it wasn't a lot, basically people coming in or leaving to go to the parks.

Pros:

Cons:

Hear noise from hallway sometimes

Reviewer: jersue96 Review Date: 09/21/2016

We just got back from an amazing stay at WDW! We were originally booked @ POR. We had some issues and were eventually given a Cars Suite due to most of the day spent moving from resort to resort. We have stayed here before in a Mermaid room and loved it! We were very happy with the Cars Suite! The room was very clean, we had 2 bathrooms and a bed for everyone! We were in building 1. The view was amazing! It was a very quite room. We had folks above us and below us and never heard anything! I would recommend this resort to everyone because it has a little bit of something for all! The food court was great! My husband had the made to order omlet and loved it! I had the pasta and it was delicious. The food choices were great! We had a blast in the pool! It was a lot of fun sitting in the low end and watching the fire works the last night of our stay! We loved this resort so much that we booked a Mermaid room for the end of December! Can't wait to go back!

Pros:

A stones throw from everything!

Cons:

Not one thing!

Reviewer: MinnieMouseMama Review Date: 09/03/2016

We booked two rooms in the Mermaid sections with a bit of trepidation. Many reviews said the walk was far, and that the rooms are small. We had low expectations. Our request for adjoining rooms was honored, and we were close enough to transportation. We timed the walk to the bus at under 8 minutes when no one was in a hurry. Having stayed at all the Value and Moderate resorts (and a couple Deluxe) the space did not bother us. We use the room to sleep and shower. Our youngest is 10 and would prefer to stay in the parks all day weather permitting. I must disclose that the adjoining rooms were a benefit for a party of 5 and allowed more breathing room. The theme of the space is just do darn cute. My princess hating husband even admitted that it "wasn't too bad!" The Big Blue Pool was a hit with all and made a huge impression with the under water music. Pool bar guy was great. The cars pool is cute but very, very small. Not sure what happened there. Mousekeeping was sufficient. The room was rather clean, but due to mold allergies I did request a VIP cleaning, so that may have helped. Please note: for our reservation dates 2 rooms was cheaper than a suite. Run the numbers. For the value dollar, this was a win.

Pros:

price point

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 05/14/2016

We arrived at AOA on Saturday, April 16, 2016 and stayed for 13 nights. We had done online check in and gave an arrival time of 11am. At 10:30am I received a text message indicating our room was ready. We were driving and still in Georgia at this point. The text included our room number and a link for a map. I had printed a map before leaving home so I already knew exactly where to go. When making our initial reservations, I requested a room in building 7 nearest the Lion King section. This would be the closest to the food court, bus stops, store, etc. During online check in my requests were near transportation and lake view. ALL of these requests were met. Upon arrival our magic bands worked perfect getting into our room. Our first impressions were great. We loved the theming in our room and out. Our view of the lake and Pop Century were great. Beds are double beds. We aren't large people so this wasn't an issue but we definitely could tell the difference from our queen at home. Now for the walk from the Little Mermaid rooms to Animation Hall and the bus stops. The first few days we thought, this isn't so bad. However towards the end of the two weeks it felt longer. Everyone has their own opinion on what a long walk is. In preparation for this we brought our own little coffee maker with all the fixings to make our morning coffee in the room. That ended up being a life saver. I found one on clearance and bought disposable coffee cups and spoons from our local dollar store. I brought sugar and coffee from home and found a jug of milk from our local grocery store that had a two week date on it. Being that we were driving we were able to bring a lot of stuff from home that normally would have to be bought on site. That meant there was no need to buy the refillable mugs. Our stay, as always, was amazing. I firmly believe no matter what resort we choose we will always have a great time. It is Disney after all. Having said that, we probably will only stay at AOA again if we need a family suite. Mainly because our goal is to stay at a different resort each time we go.

Reviewer: SCOTTMOP Review Date: 02/05/2016

Stayed for 2 night 1-30 and 1-31. Fresh look to the food court and rooms. We stayed in the Nemo Suites. THought it would be a little bigger from the pics but still a good bit of room. We ahf 4 people that slept comfortably. With 2 bathrooms it makes getting ready for the parks faster. Food court much more spacious than Pop Century though very similiar in design to pop century. Would definately stay there again though can be pricey. 2 rooms at pop century is cheaper than One suite.

Pros:

Newer look, excellent food court, Bus

Cons:

Very youth themed

Reviewer: caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

I have stayed at Deluxe, Moderate, and Value resorts. All things considered, AoA is my favorite. The theming is wonderful…the imagineers must have had a lot fun creating this resort. My family (3 adults and a teen) stayed in the Cars suite and it was more than adequate. While the carpet could have been cleaned a little better, overall, the room was tidy. The mousekeepers in our section were extremely friendly. The Big Blue Pool was nice albeit crowded, but even the smaller Cozy Cone Pool was nice. Nothing fancy, but it was nice way to cool off plus if you need to wash clothes the washers/dryers are in the pool area. As for the food court, the Landscape of Flavors, the offerings are different from the usual options (although you can still standard faves like burgers). The salmon club sandwich was exceptional given that it is a quick service meal. If I had to be nitpicky and identify a negative it might be the cast members at the front desk. Maybe it was due to long shifts or because it was the holidays (rather be home than at work), but they didn’t come off as very cheerful or friendly. Overall, I love AoA and would gladly return.

Pros:

Theming, Mousekeepers, Food Court

Reviewer: mamandragon Review Date: 01/03/2016

Stayed here Dec 13 to 18 in the Nemo Suites. We were right behind animation hall by the pool. Rooms are just ok - nothing to get all excited about - my son-in law felt he was staying in a concrete bunker. We found it was a bit tight space wise for 4 adults and 3 kids 13, 6 and 2. Check in was good - however.....we were heading to Hollywood Studios and were told that we would receive a text message when our room was ready. My daughter finally called the hotel at 9 pm to see what our room number was. I think the only big draw at this resort is the pool. When we were there the pool hours were 9 am to 10 pm so it was difficult to get a swim in before we went to the parks or after we got back from the parks. We have stayed at many other Disney Resorts and would never choose this one again.....it certainly is a "value resort".

Pros:

Pool

Cons:

Room and Decor

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 12/04/2015

With so many options for staying at a Disney resort nobody in my family of six ever wants to return here! In theory this would be a good resort for families with young children and large families. I couldn't get a Ft Wilderness Cabin when I called to book a free dining package so we decided to give this a try. I see now why we couldn't get a cabin, they were being refurbished. We had no wait to check-in. Very nice cast member checked us in. We were stuck on the 4th floor of a Cars building. It took forever from the parking lot to get to it. The smell was horrible and I couldn't figure out why they used such horrible smelling cleaning products. We came back very late one night from Epcot after a late dinner. And when I opened the fridge to put a drink in it I found some bugs. In the fridge! My DH went down to the lobby to tell/complain. They moved us immediately! The smell when we arrived was a pest treatment smell. So there was a known problem with this room. Our new location was on the 2nd floor with a pool view. We also got a credit to our account and the manager met with us and had refillable mugs that had been in the fridge replaced for us. So the management did do their best with a bad situation. We were just so grossed out and especially my DD who is the picky one anyway.
This was the first time I've been to a Disney resort and found the decor to be ugly. We've stayed at: All-Star Music Broadway standard rooms, Jazz and Calypso Family suites, Ft Wilderness Cabin, Wilderness Lodge standard room, and Bay Lake Tower 2 bedroom villa. All of them were nicely decorated. My teens thought it was like getting stuck in kindergarten at Art of Animation. So it looks like we'll be staying at a cabin when we go again.

Pros:

The family suites have a lot of room

Cons:

looked like a kindergarten room and pest problem

Reviewer: janisgos Review Date: 11/18/2015

We stayed at AoA in the Little Mermaid Section. We were in Building 7 (Ursala) on the second floor. The LM had its own pool. The view of the lake every day was wonderful. The walk to the food court and the buses is only 5 minutes. The CMs were so helpful and nice! We loved the healthy options at the food court as well. The rooms were decorated in such a fun style! It was a mother and daughter get away. We picked the right hotel for our trip. We have decided that this is our favorite value hotel!

Pros:

Food Court, Bus transportation, CM, Views