Reviews of Art of Animation Resort (Value Resort)

Disney's Art of Animation Resort offers family suites.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_artan.htm

Video Tour of Rooms and Resort:

Reviewed by JoeyO11 Review Date: 08/22/2014

We stayed here with a family of 4 in the cars suite from aug 14th to aug 19th. Great location to and from the food court and buses. We had a small pool the cozy cone right out side of the building we were in. Breakfast and dinners are tough because of the crowded food court. House keeping was great. Room always clean. Themed Cars room was awesome. kids loved sleeping in the pull down bed. Overall it's a great room for the space you get.

Pros:

Great pool. Great Atmosphere

Cons:

Food court crowded

Reviewed by mamalydia Review Date: 12/18/2013

This is our send visit. This time we stayed at the CARS, and last visit we were at FINDING NEMO. These are the best locations, since they are close to the main entrance, and right next to the large pools! We had 3 adults this visit, and having the seperate bedroom was very convenient! having the small refrigerator and microwave is a plus...and definitely with the price to have a 2nd full bathroom!!! LOVE this hotel! You will not be disappointed!!

Pros:

great accomodations, spacious suites at a great price

Reviewed by mbcarol5 Review Date: 10/21/2013

The resort was wonderful!! We had plenty of room for 4 adults and 2 children. The kids and I adored our stay and would stay here again. I loved all the colors and music. CMs were very helpful and friendly. It was handy to all of the parks except AK.

Pros:

vey colorful, music everywhere!!

Cons:

scratchy TP

Reviewed by jamesilkstone Review Date: 09/08/2013

I stayed at Art of Animation (AoA) in June 2013 and absolutely loved my stay here.

Having added an additional member to my party just prior to arriving, there must have been a mix up with my reservation and when I got to the front desk, they informed me that I wasn't due to check-in for another two days. This took some time to sort out as well as my own efforts finding the confirmation emails that showed I was checking in that day. However, this mistake was not the hotels, and although it took them some time to fix, they made up for this by upgrading me from a Little Mermaid room to a Cars suite. This was amazing service and was so much more than I ever expected to receive.

From then on there were no more errors, just great experiences...

The suite itself was spacious with an amazing living area and a large master bedroom. The fact that the room had two bathrooms really helped to speed things up on a morning or before heading out for dinner. We are big fans of tea and coffee and quickly used up our supplies, but the front desk were happy and incredibly fast at responding to our request for replacements - this was also true with a request for additional pillows.

Our favourite aspect of staying in the Cars wing had to be the pool. The pool was themed around the Cozy Cone Motel in the Cars films and had around 8-10 cabanas in the shape of cones! This made for great shade during the day if you needed a little break from the sun. In addition, the life guards at this pool were so attentive that I never had any hesitations over safety.

I've read a few reviews that talk of the AoA food court negatively, however, I cannot agree with this. My experience at Landscape of Flavors was only positive. For breakfast I tried waffles with bacon and sausage and yoghurt pavlova (which you personalise). Both were great - the yogurt was particularly good!
For lunch I tried the make-your-own-pasta - this was delicious with so many options available, including some great seafood! It was a bautiful meal that I would never expect from a value resort. There were so many other options, many which I have forgotten, but I never had a bad meal. I also ordered pizza to my room one night with chicken wings - also brilliant!!

The bus service was also wonderful - one of the main reasons I chose to stay at AoA was because it had its own dedicated transport and it didn't disappoint. My longest wait was around 10 minutes, but other than that, the busses came frequently and they didn't stop at any other resort.

in addition, one day i got in the pool with my iPhone in my pocket (disaster). I quickly got out and visited the food court - the cast members were so friendly and helpful and quickly delivered me some dry rice and a cup to pop my phone in. Thankfully, due to the cast members speed, the phone fully recovered!

I absolutely loved my stay at AoA, so much that I've booked to return this November and I've spent the extra money to stay in a suite. Believe me - it's worth it. i would recommend it to everyone!

Pros:

Great pools and spacious suites

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 07/09/2013

My family of 6 visited AoA from July 1 to July 6. We stayed in the Finding Nemo section, building 5, room #5732 on the third floor. The location was perfect (we were close to the pool and Animation Hall), the room was clean and it fit all of our needs. Mousekeeping did an excellent job and we received 3 towel animals upon arrival!!
Traveling with 13 year old twins, a 17 year old and 21 year old, my husband and I weren't sure how the kids would feel about such a child friendly, themed resort. Well, we need not have worried. They all loved it! They had fun swimming in the pool and posing for pictures with all the larger than life statues.
Landscape of Flavors was nice. The lines were long at times, but moved quickly. The food was good. The caprese sandwich was awesome and we all enjoyed the Mickey waffles. The staff was efficient and friendly.
Having stayed at the GF, WL, AKL, and a variety of other deluxe, moderate and value resorts, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!!! :)

Pros:

Staff, Cleanliness, and Theming

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by ADisneyGinger Review Date: 05/02/2013

We stayed at the AoA, Little Mermaid rooms from April 21-28. I was a little apprehensive since I read so many posts about how far the walk to the building was, but I have to say that I am shocked that so many people complained! We stayed in building 9 (even got a free upgrade to a King bed for our anniversary), and we had no issue with the walk. Walking to the buses in the morning is easy, using the sidewalk on the outside of the buildings. This was especially convenient because they set up a breakfast cart by the Flippin' Fins pool every morning with grab-and-go items, so we didn't have to deal with the crowds at Landscape of Flavors. In the evening when we returned home, we'd take our time and stroll through the paths through the buildings, take pictures with the statues, and enjoy the atmosphere. We never had a problem with sound even though we faced the pool, and the room was always very clean with fresh towels and more shampoo/soap than we could possibly use.

The only con I could pick out is that the buses seemed to always be remarkably crowded (and slow in loading) after the large nighttime events. All of the other resorts would empty their lines, and AoA would still have 3 or 4 bus-loads of people waiting to get picked up. Don't know if this was some sort of anomaly - the rest of our busing was convenient and timely.

Pros:

Theming, Atmosphere

Cons:

Buses

Reviewed by DISNEYMOM2FOUR Review Date: 05/01/2013

We stayed here in February and loved every minute of it. We were in the Little Mermaid section, building 7 pool side. This was the best location we could have ever asked for. I don't know why people say it is a long walk, I thought it was great compared to the size of some of the Disney resorts. We walked through the Lion King area and we were at the food court. You could truly spend a day walking around this resort taking pictures. The room is standard size for the values but we just loved the theming. The bus service was good, the food court was great. The make your own pasta was the quality of a sit down meal dinner. It took us 15 years to go back to a value resort as we liked the larger rooms, hot tubs and slides that come with the deluxe and moderates, but after this experience we loved saving the money staying at the value more and had a great time!

Pros:

Theming is over the top, landscaping is great, food court has a great selection

Reviewed by browneyedgirl Review Date: 04/21/2013

Art of Animation is a wonderful resort. My room was in the Little Mermaid section and even though it is a hike to the bus stop or food court, the surrounding icons make the walk seem very short. I like the fact that there is a refrigerator in the room where at the other value resorts, there isn't one. The bed was SO comfortable and the pillows were perfect for me. I couldn't hear anyone else on my wing and the resort was at full capacity. The Cast Members are fantastic, always willing to help and give directions. The only other value resort I've stayed at is Pop Century so I can't compare it with the other values, but Art of Animation is truly a work of magic! :) I definitely will stay here again!

Pros:

Cast Members - Room

Cons:

Non

Reviewed by nannie Review Date: 04/20/2013

A wonderful place to stay. The bed that came out of the wall over the table was so easy to pull down. And the sofa bed was easy and comfortable. Had plenty of room to put all the suitcases and room to move around. the deco was great. Even the hallways was so neat. Could not ask for a cleaner or nicer room. With two bathrooms. No problem with everyone getting ready. No noise and we were on the side facing the pool.

Pros:

plenty of room for 3 adults, 2 children

Reviewed by mamalolo Review Date: 04/17/2013

My family of four stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA for 10 days in March. We had an absolutely amazing time! After many negative reviews, we were concerned about the walk from the Little Mermaid section to the main building. The walk is perfectly fine!! It was not far at all! We truly enjoyed the walk from LM to the main building because each time, we got to experience seeing something new in the Lion King section.

We all really enjoyed the variety and quality of the food at the food court. There were plenty of options for all of our different food preferences.

We found Mousekeeping to be ok. There were a couple of days when there seemed to be quite a bit of trash on the grounds near the trash cans (where people had missed the trash can), but for the most-part, the resort was very well-kept. Our room was cleaned daily, and it always looked great when we returned to the room in the evenings.

The bus transportation was great. We were there during spring break...a very busy time, and the transportation was fine. Of course we had to wait for a bus sometimes, but again, it was spring break. Disney seemed to be prepared for the amount of guests that they had to accommodate during that time.

The entire resort is gorgeous, and Disney did an incredible job with the overall theme! We will definitely be back to AOA in the future!!

Pros:

Beautiful resort; fun pools; food court