Reviews of Animal Kingdom Lodge JAMBO House (Disney Vacation Club)

Opened in existing Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2007.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/akv.htm

Reviewed by jessgallam Review Date: 09/27/2018

Absolutely stunning resort! Make sure to splurge a little and get a room with at least some savanna view you won’t be disappointed. Loved waking up every morning going on the balcony and seeing what animals were waiting. Also has plenty of dining options
My one complaint about this resort is it’s far from everything (except AK) no other transportation options besides buses. Only reason for the 8 rating.

Pros:

Animals!

Cons:

Far from almost everything. Buses can be slow and packed

Reviewed by cmschn Review Date: 09/27/2018

For our first family trip to Disney, we went big by renting points for a Savanah View Studio at Jambo House the first week of December 2017. AKL is the most beautiful hotel I’ve ever been to. Walking into the incredible lobby with the huge Christmas tree was so amazing. I had requested to be near the center of the hotel, and we had the perfect location, the first studio in the Zebra trail I believe. Our room was comfortable and we liked the style of furnishings. The balcony was amazing; we saw so many animals and I loved sitting out there in the evening, listening to the drums and relaxing. The pools at both Jambo and Kidani were amazing and never crowded. We went to Boma, The Mara, and Jiko and thought the food was delicious at all. We couldn’t have been happier, and renting points made a dream vacation financially feasible! We honestly didn’t mind waiting for buses and traveling a little further to the parks; we planned on that and got to all the parks right when we wanted to. This resort allows you to feel completely transported to a unique world while still easily enjoying Disney. Now the problem is: how can we stay anywhere else?

Pros:

Ambiance, Pools, dining, Savannah views

Cons:

For some people the location

Reviewed by Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

What an amazing experience!!! Even though this is a Disney resort they have done a wonderful job of making you feel as if you are in Africa -
even hiring many of their staff directly from Africa. There are hidden Mickeys if you look really hard, but that is not the main theme here. There are two locations: Kidani Village (DVC location) and Jambo House (which has both DVC room and non-DVC rooms available). I prefer staying in Jambo House. They have the larger of the two pools and also have the only quick serve location on property.

There are many things l love about this resort, so I'll list just a few:
* In Jambo House most rooms have a view of either a yard where animals roam during the day or the pool. There is nothing that can compare to waking up in the morning and looking out of your patio door to see a giraffe eating breakfast right outside of your room!
* There are many free activities each day including pool games, meeting with a cultural representative to learn about their country, playing wildlife games (you can earn beads that you can take home with you), cookie decorating, movies by the pool each night, and more!
* You can take a free daily tour of Jiko's and Boma (the full serve restaurants at Jambo House) where they discuss fun details about the restaurant, it's furnishings and also give out free samples
* There is free night viewing of the animals using night-vision glasses
* The Community Center in Kidani Village has free crafts
* Nightly bonfire with free marshmallow roasting

As you can tell, this is my favorite place to stay on property.

Pros:

Very authentic atmosphere.

Cons:

A long way away from all the other theme parks.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We recently stayed at AKL and the hotel is wonderful. The only reason I don't give it a 10 is of its enormous size! The staff is friendly however, NO ONE told us that you can get to the pool or lobby area via different elevators and/or hallways. 4 days into the trip my daughter and I were exploring and found a elevator took it and bam we came out right by the pool!!! If I knew this earlier in the trip I would have been so happy. The lobby/buses and pool area are totally different parts of the hotel. There are hallways and elevators everywhere and they all lead to different spots. So point is take a few minutes on your arrival day and map it all out you may find closer ways to get to the area you want!

Pros:

Awesome hotel and friendly staff

Cons:

Big so a lot of walking

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

Our favorite Disney gem. Amazing restaurants (especially for a vegan family like us), beautiful scenery, comfortable rooms, and at a good price (for Disney).

Pros:

Where else can you watch a zebra play while having your coffee?

Cons:

Rooms dimly lit. A bit of a hike to dining options from some rooms.

Reviewed by lizzie1974 Review Date: 02/12/2018

Overall, we love AKL, both Jambo and Kidani.
On this trip though, we had to wait until 7 o'clock for a room to be ready. The CM who ultimately took care of us was very professional. We were given 3 extra fast passes for the next day, which turned out to be very important. It was a really busy day at Magic Kingdom.
I'll never know what room we were supposed to get because there was a mechanical issue (thus the reason for the late check in). We ended up in 5356, Kudu trail. This is very far from the lobby. Laundry for DVC is on the 4th floor, on the other side of the lobby. So, that was a hike.
I really wish they had some alternate exits (say at the end of those super long hallways) so we could access the parking lot faster, rather than going all the way through the lobby.
The biggest thing with the room was the condition of the pullout sofa. This thing has had it's day. Happily, I have a child who doesn't complain! She slept on it ok, but I thought we were going to break it pulling it out and putting it away!
The mara was excellent. Victoria Falls lounge was great.
It's tough to beat this resort but it needs a little TLC.

Pros:

Beautiful hotel. rooms were very quiet

Cons:

room needs a refurb

Reviewed by senseicj Review Date: 08/17/2017

This is an amazing hotel. The restaurants including the counter service are delicious and can accommodate any palate. The views of the animals are amazing and I love the story time around the fire pit. Last time we were there a cast member gave my son a shark tooth which he has since put on a necklace and will remember that forever.

Pros:

The views and amenities are incredible

Cons:

too far from the rest of WDW

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 07/07/2017

Stayed here for a couple nights in late June, in a studio with a Savannah view. At first, I was not at all pleased when I looked out the balcony to a view of another building maybe 100 feet away. Not exactly the view of animals I was hoping for. I was proven wrong the next morning, by a giraffe, a zebra, and a few other animals lounging around directly below our room. Great resort overall.

Pros:

View

Reviewed by nrymut Review Date: 03/31/2017

We stayed in a one bedroom villa the beginning of March. The room had a savanna view. The villas here are smaller than the one bedroom villas at Kidani Village, but the room was fine for just the two of us. The refurbishment here was not as modernized as in some other villas. Sheer curtains were plain and the animal motif was gone. Animal print carpet was replaced with plain carpet. But the lighter paint on the walls really brightened it up and the African decorations are still there. Bed was very comfortable. Love the duvet instead of a full spread. Cast members all friendly and helpful.

Pros:

Room, more peaceful than some resorts

Cons:

Some of the Disney touches gone after refurbishment

Reviewed by clayalex02 Review Date: 10/20/2016

Our stay did not start out to well. We had a not so great cast member checking us in. We had two rooms that I had cross referenced requesting that they be adjacent or adjoining. I realize that the cast member was not in charge of the room blocks but the way she handled it was not in the typical Disney style. We eventually got two adjoining rooms at the very end of the hotel, an extremely long walk each day especially for our 75 yr old mother. While it was a savannah view it was not a great one. Animals were only there during the early morning hours and when they were taken to the barn. The rooms were lovely, smaller than the contemporary but fine for us. We did enjoy the pool and the food court. The buses were inconsistent one day running smoothly the next we waited and waited. Our mugs were stolen at the pool one day and the cast member in Mara replaced them with no issues. We did enjoy our stay but would not rate this as a must return.

Pros:

beautiful surroundings

Cons:

check in