Reviews of All Star Music Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Music - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asm.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewed by seymourmomof3 Review Date: 05/11/2014

I don't know if its because I'm an easy to please person but, we had no complaints on our second visit. Did online checkin before trip, got to resort and after 6 minutes we got the text our room was ready and it was 8:30 am. No complaints on room, the pool was down a few times compared to the last trip not sure what happened those times, kids loved pool activities, food court always stocked well easy in and out. We will never go again without the luxury of a preferred room, it was so nice after long park days to just walk right from lobby to room basically. Buses were all quick, all around perfect stay!!

Pros:

Preferred room, pool activities, Checkin

Reviewed by deadtiger142 Review Date: 03/10/2014

Visited the week of March 2. Had reserved two rooms for a family of six. Upon check in asked about the possiblility of a free upgrade to a Family Suite....within minutes that was approved. The Cast Member at check in, Amber, was awesome. Suite was great and clean. Bus pickup was timely and smooth (although I question WDW packing so many people in the return buses, seems like a safety issue). Food court had nice choices. Great vacation, will return again.

Pros:

Family Suite, Buses, etc.

Reviewed by momof3inMadisonAL Review Date: 01/13/2014

We decided to stay at ASMu originally because my in laws were going with us. We wanted a suite and they would need a regular room. Although we love AoA, we knew that there, it would mean our rooms would not be close together. Our reservations were a mess from the get go (booked with a bounceback offer which is evidently completely different than calling the main Disney reservation number). We ended up with 3 rooms at ASMu (after one of the reservations was lost) and we couldn't change resorts when we tried because our dates overlapped with the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

When we checked in and went to our rooms, we found that two rooms weren't connecting (not a good thing for a family of 6). We had to go back to the front desk to fix it. It took at least 30 mins to change 2/3 of our rooms. In the end, we were in the same building as my in laws, but not really close. With all the rooms, I really don't understand why they can't find 3 of them together.

I also want to state that we had NO refrigerator and did not know before we checked in that they were still having issues. We did get one delivered for my daughter's medication.

The rooms were in section 4 or 5 - farthest from the main building. It really made going to the QS inconvenient, especially after paying top dollar for those refill mugs. The QS was super busy and hard to find a table since the QS at ASSports was closed for renovation.

We have stayed in ASSports and ASMovies (3 times). Out of the All Stars, music is my least favorite. I just didn't like the theme as much as the others. Plus at least at ASMovies, the cheap rooms are near the food court for ASMusic so you don't have to walk as far.

Pros:

co$t

Cons:

theme, distance to food court

Reviewed by lawafamily Review Date: 01/09/2014

This was the fourth (I believe) time we have stayed at AS Music, and it was an excellent experience. Staff was great, room was clean and quiet, and food court was good. Only minor issues we noted were long waits a couple of times for buses to MK, and I had requested an adjoining room with a family member we were traveling with, and they weren't able to do that. Again, minor issues - overall a great stay.

Pros:

Excellent room and value

Cons:

None really

Reviewed by alwill Review Date: 12/13/2013

First let me acknowledge this post might appear a bit jaded, as our last stay in a Family Suite was with Disney's Art of Animation resort. Nevertheless, I can report our room was adequate, even though it seemed a little worn and the furniture seemed to show signs of heavy use. You could seem to tell these Family Suites were retrofits: where they changed two rooms into two bedroom suites. And the room's color schemes, well, they were interesting.

But with that being said, it was still a decent place to crash after a long day (or night) at the Parks. Two bathrooms and extra bed space always makes a difference. I was the only one in our suite who ventured into the Resort's Food Court area and I can say it was madness during the Breakfast hours. Then again, the ASM was a host resort for families attending the National Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading Competitions so that wasn't all that surprising. Finally, the bus transportation to-and-from the parks was very efficient (much better than Animal Kingdom Lodge, IMHO!)

Overall, it wasn't terrible but for my money, I'd be wiling to pay the little bit more to stay at Art of Animations Family Suites.

Pros:

Sufficient place to crash

Cons:

A little worn; kind of crowded in the Food Court

Reviewed by HOBBES Review Date: 10/24/2013

I hate to submit a bad review of anywhere in the World-I mean, its THE WORLD, but this was so disappointing. To start we had no fridge-annoying but not the end of the world, but when I asked at the desk I was promised a cool box "within the hour"-for 3 successive days before it was actually delivered! This is not what I expect from Disney-if they say they will do something I expect it done. The food court was awful due to ASSports being closed and everyone being bussed/walking over to ours. If I had known in advance of this I would have swapped to Pop. By far the most annoying was the buses to the Parks. First thing in a morning it seemed whichever bus we were waiting for, that was the one that didn't turn up for 30 minutes or more. On our first morning it was 40 minutes for a bus to MK. During that time every other park got at least 2 buses-DTD got 5-at 9am! Bizarrely in the evenings there was no problem leaving the parks with buses being plentiful even at park closing. The room was clean and perfectly functional, with mousekeeping a little too prompt-8.30 most mornings we were visited unless we stuck the sign on the door for a lie-in! We definitely won't stop here again just because it seemed so badly serviced for buses and the food court situation-although I accept that will (hopefully) be a one time problem...

Pros:

cheap

Cons:

dreadful buses, horrendous food court, bad service

Reviewed by ArmyWife72 Review Date: 09/28/2013

Love love love this resort! My husband and I have stayed at other resorts in Disney and this one by far was our favorite! Nice quiet and clean especially back by the country section! Close enough to the piano shaped pool that you will not kill yourself walking. It had everything we could ask for and we found that we were so relaxed here. I have contemplated splurging and staying at one of the higher end resorts but the rooms are the same size and I look at it this way... you are NEVER in them, always out at the parks, so why pay more. We have learned that if we want the luxury of a bigger resort then we plan a dinner or a show at the Polynesian or Fort wilderness and hang out for a bit! The service at the all star movies was spectacular, the rooms clean the over all atmosphere was absolutely enjoyable!!!! Will stay here from now on and save the extra money for shows and goodies at WDW!

Pros:

Wonderful Resort!!!!!

Cons:

N/A

Reviewed by Missymouse18 Review Date: 06/23/2013

This is an awesome resort. I am from a family of musicians except hubby, who is a sports enthusiast), so the themes here are pretty awesome for me. Always clean, mouse keeping is always friendly, and in my opinion, has the best food choices of the three All Star resorts.

Pros:

just all around great!

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 03/20/2013

Stayed at Sports last year-Movies this year. Upon check in, the computers were down but the staff were very accommodating. We still got out "ticket" to go to the parks. Never a problem the last two years we stayed at the Value Resorts. We stayed at Jazz-room is always clean and maid service is great everyday.

Pros:

Always a great place to stay-we are never in our room except to sleep

Cons:

alot of kids stay here

Reviewed by kclhendrickson Review Date: 03/06/2013

We had a wonderful stay at Disney's All Star Music. I was personally thrilled that we were located in Country Faire and was even more thrilled when we got there and our room was facing a quiet "woody" courtyard! The only downside is that we were furthest from the main lobby, but on the up-side it gave us a chance to walk through the beautiful pool area on our way to and from the parks.

The staff here were wonderful! Our trip to Disney was not a great one (airline issues) but I was able to call ahead and explain the situation and the staff was highly accommodating and "saved" our room for us past the 12-hour time frame they normally impose. Additionally, a package I had sent ahead of time wasn't ready for us at check-in, but to my surprise when we returned from the parks on our first day, there it was in our room

Our kids LOVED the pool and the temperature was perfect! Not to mention that they showed a movie pool side every night and showed two of our fav's while we were there. They also enjoyed "Goofy's" call, and the little surprises found in our room from the housekeeping staff.

My ONLY negative for this Disney Resort was that the walls were thin. We had a VERY loud neighbor with what sounded like 100 children in the room. This did cause some issues with sleeping, but overall, I think that was the ONLY negative I had with the place.

Personally, the Resort was perfect for our needs and would highly recommend for anyone who plans to spend a lot of time in the parks.. well worth the money spent!

Pros:

location, ammenties, pools, food

Cons:

thin walls, distance