Reviews of All Star Music Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Music - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asm.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewer: TLynch Review Date: 09/26/2018

Fun resort for all ages.

Pros:

Reasonable prices. Property well maintained. Clean rooms.

Cons:

Bus service was not the best.

Reviewer: Joel0917 Review Date: 09/26/2018

First resort ever for us, so special place for us. We loved it!

Pros:

We had a suite so it's basically two adjoining rooms with a queen bed, then other room is pull out sofa. you get 2 bathrooms also. So plenty of room and privacy for mom and dad!

Cons:

buses can be crowded.

Reviewer: Karen Schlaker Review Date: 09/26/2018

was a good stay

Pros:

bus transportation was frequent, like pin trading in the gift shop, room comfortable

Cons:

higher price than staying off site

Reviewer: Elizabeth Review Date: 09/26/2018

We stayed here in summer 2017. Family of 4 in one of the suites. We had lots of room and the extra bathroom was great with two adult children with us everyone had room to move around and get ready. Our room was close to the pool but not facing it and close to the food court so it was a quick walk to everything we needed.

Pros:

Resort wasn't too large. Quick walk to all that we need - pool, food court, transportation.

Cons:

Feels more like a standard hotel. Nothing Fancy.

Reviewer: kEiTh Review Date: 09/26/2018

Nice theming. Food court was adequate. Super clean and nice hosts. Transportation was fair as well.

Pros:

Theming and access to everything

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

The resort is acceptable. I have no problem with the staff or room size. this time we stayed in a handicapped accessible room in Calypso. It was close to the main building, and the roll-in shower was very good for my daughter. Last year we were in the back of the resort, and handicapped parking was at a minimum. The few spots they had close to the building were taken up by the cleaning staffs carts.

Our biggest complaint is the food court. The choices are few and not especially appetizing. Breakfast was okay, but not lunch or dinner. If we were at the resort for dinner, we wandered over to Movies. Much better selection and food. Why aren't the food courts in all three value resorts the same? I have complained about this, but get no satisfactory answers.

Pros:

The handicapped accessible shower.

Cons:

The food court is awful, and the handicapped parking at the back of the resort is not sufficient.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

All star music

Pros:

Great prices. Good location. Transportation is very good Nice rooms and pool. However no frills

Cons:

Food court is adequate however expensive. Also, bus stops at all three all star resorts and is usually last stop for music. Count on standing up for the ride

Reviewer: saffie Review Date: 12/05/2017

All in all, our stay at the All-Star Music Resort was more than acceptable. The beds in the "value" resorts must have been upgraded since our last stay at Pop Century; because they felt a lot better than the pieces of cardboard we had to sleep on a few years back. The resort was always tidy, and we didn't run into any issues regarding getting enough towels or having enough supplies. It was quiet in our neck of the woods, as we were put in the Country section of the resort and few people were staying in that area. But that also leads to a huge negative with our stay.

We were stuck IN THE BACK OF THE RESORT! We planned this vacation eight months out, which we hoped would mean we'd be staying somewhere closer to the food court, even if just a building or so closer. We also requested a room on the first floor as one person in our party is disabled and needed a disabled room. Both requests were summarily ignored. We wound up in a room on the third floor in the farthest section from the food court. As nice as the peace and quiet was, when you've just come back from the parks and you're tired and your feet are aching from all the walking, the last thing you want to do is walk a quarter of a mile to the food court! Most nights we drove up to the main building instead of hoofing it. Not to mention most of the people in our party despise country music, and having to hear the same stupid Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood songs playing over and over again got really grating! But, as they say, the rooms are just for the times you aren't in the parks, right?

My last complaint would be the food court. There were so few choices there, and breakfast was basically the choice of THREE STINKING MEALS! Really? I expect better of a Disney resort. One of the stalls was continually closed down, and it might have been because we were there in an "off-peak" season. But there really isn't an off-peak season at Disney anymore, and from the looks of the crowded food court, they really needed every area in the court to be fully opened and manned.

Would I still recommend this resort? Yeah, why not? It's still a pretty nice resort, all things considered. We enjoyed walking the grounds on the days we weren't completely exhausted from our time in the parks. The staff was really nice, and they did try to unsuccessfully remedy the issue with the rooms. We opted to not have our rooms cleaned, so I can't tell you about the level of service from mousekeeping. But if you're trying to do an inclusive Disney vacation on a budget, I'd recommend this hotel.

Pros:

Better beds, clean and overall pleasant

Cons:

Stuck in the back of the resort, did not honor handicapped request

Reviewer: manwego Review Date: 10/18/2017

I enjoyed many aspects of the resort. The cast members were excellent. There was only the one food court and the choices were limited and most entrees just ok. The only thing to watch out for is the family suite. I stayed at the resort with my husband, daughter and granddaughter. I thought the suite would meet our needs. However, there is just one real bed, and the rest are sofa bed, chair and ottoman. All were terrible. My daughter ended up sleeping on the floor rather than the "bed". Two adjoining rooms would have been far better.

Pros:

Good value.

Cons:

Family suite

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 10/07/2017

My best friend and I were excited to stay on property since we usually try to cut costs and the first thing to go is the hotel stay. Even in the value resorts it typically costs close to 3 times as much as we pay for a much nicer room off property so we don't do it often. In my opinion a $120 room should feel at least a slight bit cushy.

I will say that we adore the layout and the theme of ASM and we enjoyed being immersed in the Disney bubble. The cast members were very friendly and our room was always cleaned very well. My biggest problem was with the beds. My bed creaked and thumped every time I got up and there was a huge dip in the middle. It felt like I was at grandma's house in the spare room lol. I didn't realize that I could have complained and they would have changed out the mattress until I got home and someone told me. That just sounded like I would be asking too much but Disney does go above and beyond.

We had asked for a room on the top floor in the Broadway section and got just what we asked for. It was very quiet there and we heard no noise from anyone around us. The rooms had everything you would need even if a bit smaller than your usual hotel room. The carpet needed replacing badly and this was the first time I have seen an area of Disney that was in need of a refurb. Usually everything on property looks new. Hopefully they'll get to that soon. All in all, we both decided that a value wasn't a good way to spend our money and that we would both rather stay off property if we were spending $120 a night and have a much more comfortable place to sleep and not have to bring my own coffee pot. For that price just outside the gates you can get a pretty luxurious room. Disney really needs to rethink what value means. Back in the day these rooms would be a value at $69 to $89 but those days seem long gone as we travel in the off season and it's well over $100. This type of room should max out at $79.

Pros:

Cute theme, on property

Cons:

pricey for what you get, very uncomfortable beds