Reviews of All Star Music Resort (Value Resort)

All Star Music - A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_asm.htm

Comprehensive Blog with Photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2011/04/all_star_resorts_part_2_1.html

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 09/29/2018

We had a nice stay at the All Star Music resort. The resort is very clean and the staff is friendly. I wish I had known that you could request a new mattress because the worst part of my stay was a lumpy squeaky mattress that had seen better days. Every once in a while we like to stay on property just for something different but for the price there are much nicer rooms with much more space and comfort just off property. It all depends on whether you need to be in the "bubble" or not.

Pros:

Being on property and 24/7 magic, very clean and very safe feeling.

Cons:

Small rooms, basic amenities for the money, looong wait for busses.

Reviewer: Melanie M Review Date: 09/28/2018

Good value resort. Great cast and well laid out for walking up to the food court. We are DVC and stay here if we get an earlier or later flight than our DVC is set up for. Lots of kids and families so it is chaotic and noisy the closer you get to the food court and bussing but great for families on a budget

Pros:

Value, layout

Cons:

Noisy and chaotic

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 09/28/2018

This is our family's favorite value resort. We love the family suites and they are great for larger families with young children. The standard rooms are also nice I especially like the Broadway standard rooms. The suited have a living area and a bedroom with 2 bathrooms and a very usable kitchenette. The ones at AoA are dinky and basically useless. The sofa, chair and ottoman all fold out to beds. The bedroom has a queen size bed, dresser, tv, desk with a chair and a wing chair for additional seating. AoA has no seating in their bedroom but they do have bathroom as part of the room. The decor fits right in the music theme but is tasteful and well done. Overall if you have little children this is a great resort. The staff is always friendly and they have 2 pools.

Pros:

Fun upbeat with tasteful decor and reasonable prices

Cons:

can't think of any

Reviewer: Eeyorelover6977 Review Date: 09/28/2018

Stayed here with my Mom 11/1/17-11/9/17 This is the hotel we always stay at and we are never disappointed. But I gave the rating of 8 because of the changes in the food court. The selections are starting to get quite slim.
We decided on no housekeeping in order to get the gift card and was able to get clean towels at anytime. Will be staying again in the near future.

Pros:

On property so always in the magic

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

Very nice clean rooms. Absolutely loved the shower. The bed was very comfortable, the pillows are never good when we travel no matter where we stay.

Pros:

Cons:

did not have biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Reviewer: JShock Review Date: 09/27/2018

If you're coming to Walt Disney World and need excellent lodging with clean and inviting rooms … this is the place! We go to the parks during the day, and sleep in comfortable and clean rooms at night!

Pros:

The king room is very spacious

Cons:

Dining does great crowded … eat early

Reviewer: CeeJay62 Review Date: 09/27/2018

Fun Resort

Pros:

My husband and I stayed here in 2014, we had a blast! It was our first time going to Disney World without our children. We had gotten memory maker for free, it was included in our pkg. The cast members were great and had made our trip wonderful.

Reviewer: auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

I have had to opportunity to stay here on multiple occasions. I love that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to stay here. I love the big pool and the activities planned at the pool. I don't love the screaming kids that run past your room while you are trying to sleep. I don't love the packed out buses. I also don't love that this resort always seems to have lots of tour groups, HS groups, etc.

Pros:

Affordable Cute themeing

Cons:

Very noisy Lots of tour groups, high school groups, etc.

Reviewer: nkwyatt Review Date: 09/27/2018

We have stayed at this resort many times. It is our favorite of the All Star Resorts because of the family suites. Having previously stayed at Art of Animation in a suite, we found the All Star Music suites to be much more acceptable for the value price. The larger and separate kitchenette at ASM is fabulous; plenty of storage space; nice sized refrigerator; microwave and sink-- very nice. We have 2 trips upcoming in the next year and plan to stay at this resort. One trip will include 2 adults and 3 teens; the other will include 3 adults, 2 teens, 2 preschoolers and 1 infant -- utilizing 2 suites.

Pros:

Large rooms with plenty of privacy options; 2 full bathrooms; kitchenette; great foodcourt; beautiful pools; love the large music icons.

Cons:

No full service restaurant (this wasn't a big deal for us but many people prefer to have that as an option). Lots of families stay here so maybe not the best choice for those who prefer a quieter setting.

Reviewer: janiceb402 Review Date: 09/26/2018

I have stayed here in both regular rooms and in the family suites. These family suites were the first, before the ones in the Art of Animation and they are nearly as nice, but they are less expensive. We had 5 adults in there and it was a tight squeeze at night. When everyone opened their beds, one of us had to end up in the hallway for everyone to fit. However, there were 2 bathrooms, a microwave and a small fridge.

In all of the rooms, the one window looks out onto the walkway, so everyone has to pass by your window as they are coming and going. I want to warn everyone to CLOSE THE DARK CURTAINS if you are in the room at night with the lights on. My sister and I made a game of counting how many nude and semi-nude people we saw each night when returning to our rooms.

Be warned that if you don't pay extra for a preferred room, you can be walking a long way to the food and transportation.

My main complaint is the bus service. These resorts are way out in the direction of Animal Kingdom, so it takes longer than average to get anywhere anyway. But this resort shares buses with the other 2 All Star resorts. So the buses fill-up quickly, are almost always super crowded, and even though you are near the front of the line at the resort, you might get on the first bus that comes along. If you stay here, I would try to travel at non-popular times if it doesn't put too much of a crimp in your vacation.

Pros:

least expensive, family suite

Cons:

bus service is crowded, lack of privacy in rooms