Reviews of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Dining Location

Read more about Akershus including links to the menus, reviews and videos here: http://allears.net/dining/location/akershus-royal-banquet-hall

Princess Storybook Character Lunch/Dinner
Norway - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 12/12/2018

A unique experience. Very enjoyable. Great buffet bar but only okay entrees.

Pros:

Scenery, staff, princesses, buffet

Cons:

Only okay entrees

Reviewer: Georgia Di Natale Review Date: 11/29/2018

Had dinner at Akershus last night. In my opinion the choice and quality of food was very mediocre. The salad bar was poor. The only two Norwegian items were the smoked salmon and one kind of cheese. For the rest could have been an American appetizers buffet. As main course I tried the meatballs and weren’t much better than the ones you can have at Ikea! The desserts really were not impressive. You can have much better desserts at the Norwegian bakery across from Akershus. Being Disney I was disappointed. Compared to the past experiences there I was amazed at the change of quality. For me a rip off. In addition the restrooms were really dirty. This aspect is also strange because usually restrooms are really taken care for at every park.

Pros:

Pictures with the princesses in a pleasant setting.

Cons:

Too expensive for the very poor quality of food there.

Reviewer: Janet Review Date: 10/01/2018

It was very nice to have all of the princesses in one spot. While enjoying the air conditioning and meal.

Pros:

My granddaughter didn’t want anything on the menu so they made her a hamburger. Nice character dining spot

Cons:

Didn’t feel good was all that great. Had to wait for quite a while outside in line

Reviewer: Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

Akershus provided a calm environment for princess meet and greets. Plus you don't have to wait in line to meet them. My family and I did not enjoy the food there though. We probably won't go back because the we didn't enjoy the food. I give it a slightly above average rating because of the character experience.

Pros:

Princess meet and greets with no waiting

Cons:

The menu is limited and my family did not enjoy our food

Reviewer: Fastwagon Review Date: 09/30/2018

Great meet and greet location. If you're going for the food you may be disappointed.

Pros:

Meet all the princesses in one place without the lines.

Cons:

Food is something that is mediocre at best. Children especially picky eaters will be very reluctant to eat.

Reviewer: morgaa2 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We've really enjoyed the food here in the past. The character interaction is geared toward the princess-loving crowd so it is usually packed with young families

Pros:

Service and food are great

Cons:

Very busy and high demand due to princesses

Reviewer: Nicole Review Date: 09/30/2018

Love love love!!! We always get in on the breakfast... we usually can skip lunch (saving us a dining credit) and we try to get in on one of the first time slots so we are in the park before it opens.

Pros:

Meet princess while at a meal to cut down on wait times in the parks to see them. Great breakfast

Cons:

I can’t think of a con for this place

Reviewer: Shannon Review Date: 09/30/2018

A nice breakfast with no crowds and meetings with five princesses with easy reservations. The breakfast options are pretty good but if you have picky eaters, it might not be the best choice.

Pros:

Less crowded, easy to get reservations, decent price.

Cons:

Limited menu.

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

Great character interactions!

Pros:

The characters were great and kids loved it.

Cons:

The food is just ok.

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I really really like the food here and would rate it higher, but everyone I have gone with did not like the food. It a lot of Norway themed seafood and if you like adventurous seafood then you'll be OK, if not an adventurous eater you may want to skip this as there isn't that much more normal food on the buffet. You get the meet princesses.

Pros:

You get the meet princesses, has some very unique seafood if you like that.

Cons:

Has some very unique seafood if you don't like that with limited selection for more "normal" good. Tight spaces.