Reviews of 1900 Park Fare Character Dinner

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/1900-park-fare/dinner

Read prices, menu items, and more about 1900 Park Fare

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/10/2019

Hadn't eaten dinner here for many years because our experience had been very negative with both food and service, but gave the breakfast a try on our last trip. It was so good that we decided to try the dinner as well. We were amazed at how much it had improved, so much so, that we cancelled another reservation and went to the dinner a second time on the trip. It was truly delicious and the characters were a lot of fun.

Pros:

great character interaction and the food delicious at both the breakfast and dinner.

Cons:

those who know me know i can always find something to complain about, but I honestly found it hard to find anything here. The only they could do better is to reconfigure the buffet area which is a little bit congested

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

We had a late night reversation at 1900 park fare for 7:30pm but didn't get seated until well after 8pm. The waiting wasn't a big deal. We stepped outside and watched frozen while we waited. The problem was getting into the Grand Floridian at all. We seriously waited at the resort gate entrance for over 20 minutes. It was so packed because of the ginger bread display I think.

Our server was rushed and over loaded with tables but he still did a great job. The step sisters and step mother were hilarious and great fun. The only thing I wish was different is if they cast a more age appropriate step mother. While the actress did a great job in her role, it was very obvious she could pay a more convincing princess due to her youth and beauty. We didn't stay around to see Cinderella and her Prince so I can't give any feedback on them.

The drink I had was fruity and great. The food was average for buffet food. Hardly worth the price but you are paying for the characters not the meal.

It was a fun night but there were draw backs. Too crowded, food could have been warmer, we could have been seated sooner and the ladies bathroom was laughable.

Pros:

Average food,good dessert selection, great mixed drinks,great server.

Cons:

Loud/crowded in both the restaurant and the resort in general. Food was cold. Only 3 toilets in the womens bathroom and a poorly placed changing table.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

a true delight!! loved everything about it

Pros:

good selection of GOOD food and the characters were the best especially the step sisters

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 05/08/2018

We had the do and there were 5 "adults" in our party. We celebrated a bday. The salad options were limited for greens and other veggies. The potato salad and grain salad were good. The strawberry soup is yummy. The Mongolian beef was good, the rib eye was good but the crust seasonings weren't to my personal liking but it was very flavorful. There were muscles, butter chicken, pork marsala, mashed potatoes, rice, string beans, everything was free and well stocked. The characters are interactive which makes it fun. Cinderella was quiet we could hardly hear what she was saying but the restaurant wasn't loud. Everyone else we could hear and interact with. We enjoy this meal and come yearly because of the characters. The food changes so I wouldn't say I come for the food but the food is always good. It's definitely worth 1ts credit.

Pros:

characters, not rushed

Cons:

price if oop

Reviewed by brothacraig75 Review Date: 11/06/2016

We were really looking forward to this meal since it was one of the highlights of our last trip two years ago. This time it was a complete let-down. Food options seemed to be greatly reduced and the food was just OK. Worst of all....no step sisters, who IMO were the highlight of the meal. We'all be skipping this one next trip.

Pros:

Not much

Cons:

Smaller food selection than last time and no STEP SISTERS

Reviewed by pwood78 Review Date: 10/10/2016

We at here the night we arrived on September 24, 2016.

I hardly ate anything, nothing really looked appetizing to me. I ate a few shrimp and kids pizza. My son liked the pizza. My friend's daughter loved the strawberry soup.

We loved Lady Tremaine, she was hilarious. The step sisters spent a bit of time at our table, joking and taking picture. Cinderella and Prince Charming left pretty quickly, took pictures and left.

It was nice the way each characters is introduced as they walk out.

Our waitress was good. The food was just ehh. 3 adults all agreed it wasn't anything we would do again.

Pros:

Lady Tremaine

Cons:

Food wasn't so great

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 06/22/2016

Ate here 5/18. The monorail kept breaking down which resulted us in being late, but no fear we weren't the only ones and the restaurant was aware of the situation. Our ressies were for 5pm and arrived at 530. We have ate here several times and continue to enjoy it. We immediately got our pictures taken outside the restaurant as is customary and were then announced and taken to our table. Our waiter who we have had in the past arrived quickly to take our beverage orders and asked if we were on dp. He told us the characters would be arriving so for us to go get our food. The variety of foods and meats were plenty including the childrens selections. The characters arrived and took time to meet with everyone, sign autographs and take pictures. The stepsisters and Lady Tremaine really make this character experience. We so enjoy this meal and experience that it is hard not to do it everytime. I always encourage people who can't or are unable to get in a CRT to try this experience. Our waiter was fantastic as always removing plates and refilling beverages before we were finished with them. We also purchased adult beverages and I especially loved the Lavs Cava its similiar to a pina colada but with raspberry puree in it. LOVED IT!!!!! AFterwards walked around the resort and decided to take the boat back over to MK since we knew the monorail was having issues only to find out that it was completely down and thank goodness we got to the boats when we did because there was over an hour wait for them and people were missing their ressies in MK that was staying at the GF. They tried to accommodate with buses but some people just aren't ever happy.

Pros:

great food and desserts

Reviewed by leahanne33 Review Date: 04/08/2016

My three year old daughter and I had dinner here last night. I thought the food was great and there was a lot of variety. My favorites were the house salad, butternut squash ravioli, catfish, and strawberry soup. The Mongolian beef was was chewy and beef strip loin overdone, but the rest of the food was top notch. Our character interaction was good but not great, Lady Tremaine was a bit too much for my little one but Cinderella dried her tears. :) Pretty expensive at $42 for adults and $25 for kids.

Pros:

Quality food and varied selection

Cons:

Characters were good but not great

Reviewed by Floridafan Review Date: 01/27/2016

1/21/16 We arrived at opening, was a bit chaotic, if you have a family member who loves Cinderella, this is the buffet for you. Great photo op is the only reason I could think of anyone going here. I had read so many great reviews of the food,I frankly was shocked over how blah, the food was. The typical Disney buffet, blah, not "bad" but not good food. The beef, sliced paper thin was tasteless and the turkey tasted like processed turkey, very heavily salted, not very appetizing. If you are on the fence about this one, choose something else. Desserts were the best thing about the meal. I also think the service here was slow, and it may have been from the "guaranteed tip" due to us being a party of six. We will not be back and again, if you expect more from this than good character interaction and a few ok desserts, you will be disappointed.

Pros:

Great Character interaction! Desserts were ok

Cons:

Food is fair, mediocre at best,disappointing

Reviewed by Koon Review Date: 01/01/2016

Food was excellent...wonderful variety. Carving station, butternut squash ravioli, Mongolian beef, shrimp, etc. delicious. We were disappointed in th character experience though. Charming was great but Cinderella and one of the stepsisters barely lingered at our table. Of all of the characters, Anastasia was the only one to acknowledge our 15 month old, who was in awe of them. It was fun to meet these characters, I just wish it hadn't been so rushed.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

Rushed with characters

Other topics in Grand Floridian Resort and Spa