- Animal Kingdom
- BoardWalk Area
- Character Meals
- Disney Springs
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Magic Kingdom
- Resort: Counter
- Resort: Table Service
- Celiac Sprue
- Food Allergies
- Low Carb
- Other Special Diets
- --Parks Counter
- --Parks Table Service
- --Resorts Table Service
- --Meet the Authors
of Vegetarian WDW
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - I
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - II
Special Dining Events
- Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian
- Afternoon Tea at Crescent Solarium
- Dine with a Disney
- Fireworks Dessert Party
- My Disney Girl's
Princess Tea Party
Wild Mushroom Tart
Triton's and Lumiere's
Disney Cruise Line
Bacon and Mushroom Filling:
1 ounce package dried porcini mushrooms
2 slices bacon, diced
1 shallot, minced
4 portobello mushrooms, diced
2 button mushrooms, diced
1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
Ready-made rolled pie crust (2 crusts for 9-inch pie)
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Bacon and mushroom filling, divided
8 teaspoons shredded mozzarella
2 teaspoons grated Parmesan
For bacon and mushroom filling:
1. Soak porcini mushrooms in warm water in small bowl for 30 minutes. Squeeze water from mushrooms and dice.
2. Sauté bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Add shallots and sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are tender. Add thyme and season to taste. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray an 8-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Unroll pie crusts on a lightly floured surface. Cut 8 4-inch circles and mold into muffin tins.
3. Whisk eggs, cream, milk, and nutmeg in medium mixing bowl with pour spout.
4. Spoon 1 tablespoon mushroom filling into each crust, then top each with 1 teaspoon of mozzarella. Slowly pour egg mixture over mushrooms, filling each mold. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon Parmesan over each tart.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan. Top with remaining mushrooms. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Cook's note: Another option is puff pastry for the dough. Follow the same instructions, but pre-bake the puff pastry in the muffin pan 7 minutes; gently push dough against the sides of each muffin mold and spoon in mushrooms.