- Animal Kingdom
- BoardWalk Area
- Character Meals
- Disney Springs
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Magic Kingdom
- Resort: Counter
- Resort: Table Service
- Celiac Sprue
- Food Allergies
- Low Carb
- Other Special Diets
- --Parks Counter
- --Parks Table Service
- --Resorts Table Service
- --Meet the Authors
of Vegetarian WDW
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - I
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - II
Special Dining Events
- Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian
- Afternoon Tea at Crescent Solarium
- Dine with a Disney
- Fireworks Dessert Party
- My Disney Girl's
Princess Tea Party
Spicy Potato and Pea Samosa
Ingredients for Pastry :
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup water
Ingredients for Potato Stuffing:
5 each potatoes (red potatoes are recommended)
2 tablespoons oil
1 each green chili (de-veined and seeds removed)
1 cup green peas (frozen or fresh work best)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon curry paste (if you prefer heat, add hot sauce)
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for Pastry:
1. Mix flour and salt in bowl.
2. Add oil and rub until mixture resembles small bread crumbs.
3. Add water and knead for 10 minutes.
4. Rub dough with oil, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
Procedure for Potato and Pea Filling:
5. Boil potatoes until tender, cool, peel and dice.
6. Saute peas in oil; add green chili, potatoes and spices.
7. Mix and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
Procedure for making Samosa:
8. Divide dough into 10 balls.
9. Roll into flat square shape about 5 inch diameter.
10. Cut in half and fill each side with 1 tablespoon potato and pea mixture.
11. Brush a little water around the edge of the pastry, fold, seam and seal.
Procedure for cooking Samosa:
12. Heat about 2 inches of oil for frying over medium to low heat to 350 degrees.
13. Carefully add samosas to oil. Fry slowly, turning the samosas as they brown and are crisp.
14. Drain excess oil and serve with mango chutney.
Note: Wonton wrappers may be substituted for the pastry. Leftover mashed potatoes could be used instead of fresh potatoes.