- Animal Kingdom
- BoardWalk Area
- Character Meals
- Disney Springs
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Magic Kingdom
- Resort: Counter
- Resort: Table Service
- Celiac Sprue
- Food Allergies
- Low Carb
- Other Special Diets
- --Parks Counter
- --Parks Table Service
- --Resorts Table Service
- --Meet the Authors
of Vegetarian WDW
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - I
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - II
Special Dining Events
- Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian
- Afternoon Tea at Crescent Solarium
- Dine with a Disney
- Fireworks Dessert Party
- My Disney Girl's
Princess Tea Party
Polish Wild Mushroom Soup
Food & Wine Festival, Poland
Yield: 8 servings
½ cup dried mushroom porcinis
12 large fresh shiitake mushrooms
3 cups vegetable stock
5 medium ribs of celery, chopped
2 large onions, chopped
5 large carrots, chopped
2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoon flour
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
To taste pepper
To taste salt
Method of Preparation:
1. Rinse and dried mushroom porcinis. Place mushroom in 2 cups of cold water and soak for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. In a large pot, bring stock to a simmer.
3. Add celery, onions and carrots.
4. Strain dried mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid.
5. Add strain soaking liquid to soup.
6. Chop hydrated mushrooms into ¼ inch pieces slightly larger than diced vegetables and add to soup.
7. Add sliced mushrooms.
8. Cover and cook soup until vegetables are tender, about 1 hour.
9. Meanwhile, make a roux. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes.
10. Remove 1 cup broth from soup and add roux, whisking constantly until slight thickened and free of lumps.
11. Stir thickened liquid into soup.
12. Add chopped parsley and dill.
13. Finish soup with sour cram. Add ¼ cup thickened soup to cream. Whisk until smooth.
14. Add sour cream to soup, whisking constantly until it is well incorporated, about 3 minutes.
15. Season to taste with salt and pepper.