- Animal Kingdom
- BoardWalk Area
- Character Meals
- Disney Springs
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Magic Kingdom
- Resort: Counter
- Resort: Table Service
- Celiac Sprue
- Food Allergies
- Low Carb
- Other Special Diets
- --Parks Counter
- --Parks Table Service
- --Resorts Table Service
- --Meet the Authors
of Vegetarian WDW
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - I
- --A Vegetarian at
Mickey's Table - II
Special Dining Events
- Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian
- Afternoon Tea at Crescent Solarium
- Dine with a Disney
- Fireworks Dessert Party
- My Disney Girl's
Princess Tea Party
Hollywood Brown Derby
Yield: 4 to 6 portions
1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs (separated)
3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
2. Add water, oil, egg yolks, grapefruit juice, and lemon rind. Beat until smooth.
3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar separately, until whites are stiff but not dry.
4. Gradually fold egg whites into the cake batter, folding gently with a rubber spatula until just blended. Do not stir the mixture.
into an ungreased 10-inch cake pan. Bake at 350º degrees for
25 to 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched
with a finger. Invert pan on cake rack until cool. Run spatula around
edge of cake. Carefully remove from pan. With a serrated knife, gently
cut layer in half.
Grapefruit Cream Cheese Frosting
2 six-ounce packages of cream cheese
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
6 to 8 drops yellow food coloring
1 one-pound can grapefruit sections (well-drained), reserving 2 tablespoons of juice OR 3 fresh grapefruits, peeled, sectioned, and drained, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice.
1. Let cream cheese soften at room temperature. Beat cheese until fluffy.
2. Add lemon juice and rind.
3. Gradually blend in sugar. Beat until well blended. Add food coloring.
4. Add reserved grapefruit and blend into frosting.
the frosting evenly into two bowls. Roughly chop 2/3 of the grapefruit
sections and add them to half the frosting. Spread this mixture on
the bottom half of cake. Top with several grapefruit sections. Cover
with second layer of cake. Frost top and sides. Garnish with remaining